• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The only update the Arena needs at this point is to give a map preview button so it's not a total crapshoot on whether you get a good map like the map with the obstacles arranged like a checkerboard, or a piece of garbage like the twin-bridge map that's an instant perfect chain breaker if the enemy team is horse emblem.

I'll quickly give up the dueling sword if it means I can save my team from a bad map.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Lord help you in this next Tempest Trial (that I predicted). Now the game won't let you have an easy 20% bonus with the main trio.

Doesn't help I haven't gotten a single bonus character from SoV beyond Clair.

EDIT: Oh, wait. Berkut is a 20% bonus ally.

Last edited:

Theo-92

Who would have thought the Summer Banner was bait haha. The ratio switch for 3* and 4* summons is going to save so many feathers and the Hero Merit increase is nice.

Arena Assault looks awesome and I reckon the coins will be used to buy items

R_N

Who would have thought the Summer Banner was bait haha. The ratio switch for 3* and 4* summons is going to save so many feathers and the Hero Merit increase is nice.

Arena Assault looks awesome and I reckon the coins will be used to buy items

People might have figured out who the hero fest units are. There's a brief part where their sillohetes appear and the art matches up with
Ike, Genny, Ninian & probably Julia

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
This banner is the first time I've had any interest in the limited seasonal units since Corrin looks broken on a flier team, though I'm going to wait until the Hero Fest banner starts to weigh my options once I have more orbs. I think the bonus odds are definitely worth it but Corrin looks really good. I am a bit worried of getting Leo considering my past luck with red mages but we get so many orbs in the next month that I can probably afford to pull on both banners.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Leo and Corrin don't look worth it to me, imo. Both are entirely subpar to other top-tier mages of their color, and Corrin might only be useful on a fully dedicated Flier team. The problem with that is that Flier Emblem's biggest weakness (besides Bows, I guess) is that both of the Red Fliers aren't really that good. That makes Green units the biggest threat... which Corrin is weak to. Add in the fact that you'll have to give her a Blarblade to be useful, that she's literally just a weaker Delthea on non-flier teams, and that she can't be merged once the event ends, and Corrin's just not worth it unless you really *really* need a blue mage or something.

Elise looks very good, though I haven't done any calcs on how she compares to the others. Xander also doesn't look very strong, especially competing with the likes of Hector, Minerva, and Cherche. However, Infantry Pulse is a brilliant skill. It doesn't help Flier/Horse/Armor emblem, it gives something to Dragon emblem, Bladetome teams can't entirely abuse it due to Hone and Fortify skills taking up C-slots on those teams, but other infantry teams get a massive buff.

Basically what I'm saying is to summon as many greens as humanly possible, to sacrifice Xanders to literally every Infantry unit, and because Elise is in the running for top-tier green mage.

EDIT: Elise looks to be better than Nino if they're both unmerged with Gronnblade and team support. At around +3 Nino pulls ahead of an unmerged Elise, and when both are at +10, Nino is better. Elise does well with Life and Death and Desperation.

Last edited:

R_N

Completely writing off Corrin just seems weird. Especially if you go "she really needs blarblade" like yeah no duh, unless you have a great legendary tome most of the time you want the blades regardless of your type but especially if you're on a horse or flying

Really, even off color Corrin provides great utility for flying teams just because it lets you eat through high defense units. Also good utility in general? Being able to ignore terrain is still pretty useful. Even green units will take a solid hit judging by my runs with Cecilia & Nino elsewhere.
In general it's a shame our ranged flying units are limited to Aversa (sole canon dark flier), Reina (sole canon kenshi knight) and maybe Nicol (the malig knight prisoner unit). Otherwise we have to rely on seasonal banners with their limited time frames to get extra flying stuff unless they decide to put child units in other classes.

Leo doesnt seem to bring anything to the table though, yeah. He seems mostly comparable to Sanaki stat wise. Just a few points up/down across the board from her, with more HP. Competent but not astonishing at least, but that describes 90% of the units in the game. Tomato tome is fun though (tometo)

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Tanith is a ranged flier with the Sonic Sword, but that requires them deciding to bring in ranged initiating-swords at risk of SI saturation, and bringing in Tanith of all characters.

I did a big orb pull when the new banner dropped, and got a 5* Olwen and two 5* Maes back to back. Gonna get a full set of Orbs by the end of the month and pull on the Ylissean banner with the 4.5% inflation rate before its done and see what happens.

Last edited:

R_N

Tanith is a ranged flier with the Sonic Sword, but that requires them deciding to bring in ranged initiating-swords at risk of SI saturation, and bringing in Tanith of all characters.

I did a big orb pull when the new banner dropped, and got a 5* Olwen and two 5* Maes back to back. Gonna get a full set of Orbs by the end of the month and pull on the Ylissean banner with the 4.5% inflation rate before its done and see what happens.

innate ranged melee weapons would be neat. Like physical tomes, basically. Fates even added a static 2 range sword so we could have the Spear, Wakizashi and Tomahawk

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
While Elise looks great, I'm pretty sure +Speed Nino is still better than Elise since all +Speed Elise has over her is a 3 more Attack and 2 less Speed. While I'm sure that may matter for a few kills, I can't imagine that being too significant with buffed blade tome hits nuking most foes anyway. Unless you're whaling on this banner Nino has the advantage of easier merges as well, so I don't think Elise is a must-have unless you really need a green mage. Infantry Pulse from Xander is great so pulling green is worth it in general (though like other skills it will probably be on a less limited unit later), but I think Corrin is still a unit to want since flying mages are going to continue being super limited until Aversa comes.

Sure it doesn't fix the "no good reds" problem of flying teams but that doesn't seem to be making flying teams much less common for me in high arena. And there's still potentially good red fliers they can add like Elincia and Tanith, or Aversa who will probably be red as well.

Speaking of which I'll almost certainly be moving up to tier 20 so that will be a nice boost in feathers, sitting at 10k already going through the Hard mode Chain Challenges so getting a third 5* unit in 3 weeks is looking likely. After that I can finally look at that Camus merge and buffing up my 4* Cecilia with the 7 other ones I have.

Theo-92

If anything Corrin has competition from Cordelia and Hinoka but magic is everthing so why would you not run her, blade is too good to pass up.

Speaking of which I'll almost certainly be moving up to tier 20 so that will be a nice boost in feathers, sitting at 10k already going through the Hard mode Chain Challenges so getting a third 5* unit in 3 weeks is looking likely. After that I can finally look at that Camus merge and buffing up my 4* Cecilia with the 7 other ones I have.

What score and rank do you have? Currently at 4654 with a score of 4800. Wondering if I should try for a higher score or leave it as it is. I'm not fussed where I end up but it would be nice to make T20.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
If anything Corrin has competition from Cordelia and Hinoka but magic is everthing so why would you not run her, blade is too good to pass up.

What score and rank do you have? Currently at 4654 with a score of 4800. Wondering if I should try for a higher score or leave it as it is. I'm not fussed where I end up but it would be nice to make T20.

My score was 4838 this week deathless using Ike/Sharena/Camus/Nino. I'm sitting at rank 1525 with that, so going for a better score would probably bump you up a decent amount from there if you're considering it. Might be able to cut it close at that rank though, I'd probably wait until sometime tomorrow to see how much you've fallen.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I'm struggling to get beyond Tier 18 myself. Robin/Nino/Roderick/Olivia is my typical core, but anyone in there gets swapped out for a bonus unit if I have it.

I did get an Ike a bit back, so he can be a sub-in for Olivia, but Dance is so useful. I don't really want to swap out Robin for other blue tomes because of his better bulk and capability of smacking the few Takumis and Kageros running about. Nino is meta, and Roderick gives her +6 for Gronnblade and crucially patches up her defense at the same time.

It ultimately comes down to just not being strong enough for those super units sometimes, and fear of subbing one out permanently when I could have used that particular unit.

R_N

I keep shifting between tiers 16 & 18. Usually 17 & 18. I lack merged units though, so I have a pretty hard score ceiling. Even with no death runs, I just can't reach high enough to stay in a tier.
It works though. i get 4 on the way up, 3 on the way out. Orb wise. Featherwise I have 65k still and thats after extensive 4*ing and a few 5*s earlier. I have that feather engine going strong.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I guess I could make a Blarblade+ build for Olwen. SI Hone Cav onto Roderick, and throw in a Death Blow on Olwen, and gallop around the map with 68 attack and 40 Speed with all stat boosts considered.

Could potentially make use of Windsweep and Phantom Speed 1 too, so nothing can ruin Olwen's day with a counterattack. But then again, with the bulk boost Rody's Rally provides Olwen could run Desperation instead after a round.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Completely writing off Corrin just seems weird. Especially if you go "she really needs blarblade" like yeah no duh, unless you have a great legendary tome most of the time you want the blades regardless of your type but especially if you're on a horse or flying

Really, even off color Corrin provides great utility for flying teams just because it lets you eat through high defense units. Also good utility in general? Being able to ignore terrain is still pretty useful. Even green units will take a solid hit judging by my runs with Cecilia & Nino elsewhere.

While this is true, I just don't think she provides enough compared to Reinhardt/Linde/Delthea. She has the niche of being flying, sure, but unless she's on a Flier Emblem team or on certain maps, Reinhardt outclasses her in damage and mobility. If you try to stick her with an infantry team, Delthea has better synergy with Dark Aura, and Corrin has less Attack, Speed, HP, and Resistance than Linde. She is decent on a Flier team but even bypassing high-defense units might not be enough to justify her spot over other units. If other ranged fliers come out, she'll likely end up being pushed off anyway.

In other news, I'm going to be reaching tier 20 for the first time. With a score of 4826 and a rank of 2531, it's going to take a lot for me to fall into tier 18.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Gonna get a full set of Orbs by the end of the month and pull on the Ylissean banner with the 4.5% inflation rate before its done and see what happens.

Pulled. Got Summer Tiki. +Atk -HP. What a ride.

I promoted Odin to get Blarblade+ on Olwen later; gonna get his confession first for records' sake. That said I did check his new quotes, and he pronounces Kiran's gun, Breidablik, as Breithablik, with an Icelandic dialect. Neat.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I narrowly beat Lloyd's Infernal run using Reposition shenanigans, Takumi shooting people silly with Olivia giving him second shots and assisting Cain from staying out of harm's way (and somehow stupidly baiting the archer into striking him rather than Xander), Xander somehow surviving lance blows and then using Ignis under Quickened Pulse, and finally letting all three guys lay waste on Lloyd and the blue tome mage.