• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
See, I reckon that at some point (Not next obviously, but at some point), we're going to get Eliwood as a Legendary Fire Hero. Ephraim was made a Fire hero probably entirely due to Siegmund being the 'flame lance', it's entirely plausible we'll eventually get Fire!Eliwood, given he wields, y'know, the Blazing Blade.

R_N

so i've been wondering for a while: what the heck goes on with AA matchmaking. I usually lead with my askr+fjorm team and somehow this puts me up against: weird semi-merged teams, horses, armors (?!), weird pet projects (I saw a fully decked out selena you go dude), solid teams but with like no real skills....it's just this weird eclectic mix of things that I otherwise don't encounter that often in normal arena

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
so i've been wondering for a while: what the heck goes on with AA matchmaking. I usually lead with my askr+fjorm team and somehow this puts me up against: weird semi-merged teams, horses, armors (?!), weird pet projects (I saw a fully decked out selena you go dude), solid teams but with like no real skills....it's just this weird eclectic mix of things that I otherwise don't encounter that often in normal arena
You'll be surprised how some people really don't put decent effort (or the right one) in this game.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod

As far as I know, the matchmaking in AA is the same as regular Arena except it automatically applies having a bonus unit for your score range (about a 14 point range). However, the recent change they made weighs scores a bit in favor of your lowest scoring unit on the team, so you end up seeing the low end of your score range more often than not. Askr trio has a pretty low scoring cap without high value skills whereas unmerged Fjorm hits a really high range for a completely free unit, which probably puts you at an awkward score range where you still see weird nonsensical builds but also start seeing actual built units.

It's dumb I know, and the recent change makes even less sense since apparently the aim was to reduce score variance.

R_N

i did a few yolo pulls (thank you april quests, arena pay outs, remnant chain challenges) on the legendarybanner because i never learn
some garbage (not even useful garbage) but then a grima!
+hp/-def, but she's nice to have on flying squads for enemyt phase builds

this is why i'll never learn, but honestly this is the best the legendary banners have ever given me. like what 6 5*s in not that many orbs?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Seems the trend of the 4* focus banners is them swapping out one of the units from last time in each color for someone new. I think that means Hinata, Abel, Fae and Klein will be taking a break next time since they're the only ones remaining from the first banner. They say these banners are done primarily with Skill Inheritance in mind but with Jeorge and now Felicia, I'm pretty sure units with refineable weapons are also on the table. That and recent drops since we've had Soleil, Oscar, Tailtiu and L'arachel get on these, maybe we get Sothe or Morgan next time. Going to have to keep an eye on on Soren getting a chance on these banners in the future though, after Thracia I'll have a much easier time with saving and spending orbs.

R_N

Felicia at least has Breath of Life 3. I've used that a few times!
Certainly more than anything Jeorge brings to the table

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
i went up to 9.5 in the legendary banner and got jack, but i did get Squad Assault A, which is an achievement because i just barely have enough lvl 40 5*s.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The original plan was to be Team Catria, but the Spring Festival banner rerun happened.

Now Xander put a spring in my step and a wrench in my plans. He's got the smallest support base by a huuuuge margin, but oh well. Time to rack multiplied scores up.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
well i wound up on team camilla even though kagero is a good choice too.
if anyone wants a monster effie (actually tho) to use my id is 6390700371

trying to pull on the current spring banner but i'm down to four orbs rn and have been pity broken twice '-'

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I decided to promote my Marth and forge his Falchion with Drive Spectrum and I underestimated this guy's support potential.

In addition to acting like a pseudo-cleric, he can make anyone he Ally supports with a whole lot better with a Drive skill in the C slot and the Drive Def 2 seal in addition to all of his buffs from Falchion. Basically granting +4 to his Ally Support's stats + Drive Def 2 and whatever other Drive skill you use for an additional +3. I have Drive Speed 2 as the C slot so with the Drive Def 2 seal, he gives 4/7/7/4 stats to whoever he supports with. I just have to find out who would be good with these buffs.

R_N

I decided to promote my Marth and forge his Falchion with Drive Spectrum and I underestimated this guy's support potential.

In addition to acting like a pseudo-cleric, he can make anyone he Ally supports with a whole lot better with a Drive skill in the C slot and the Drive Def 2 seal in addition to all of his buffs from Falchion. Basically granting +4 to his Ally Support's stats + Drive Def 2 and whatever other Drive skill you use for an additional +3. I have Drive Speed 2 as the C slot so with the Drive Def 2 seal, he gives 4/7/7/4 stats to whoever he supports with. I just have to find out who would be good with these buffs.
Chrom/Lucina/Masked Marth with their bond spectrum, of course!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Marth is probably the best support unit in the game right now with that refine and the fact that we can throw two Drive skills onto him without too much investment. Add the fact that he's obtainable at 4* and is thus reasonable to merge, as well as having fair combat ability himself, and you've got a very flexible unit. I'm hoarding feathers for awhile but if I go long enough without anything to use them on I'll be merging mine up to +5, sitting at +1 for now.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
i got a +atk -spd s camilla that i really want to give QR3 but i just used up all my feathers making tailtiu into a 5+10 unit

life is hard

and yes i know QR2 is nearly as good but i dont like leaving things not quite perfect and i'll be back to 20k feathers sooner or later so i'll just wait...

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
want the pity breaker leo i got cause i don't

at least eight of the 5*s pulled this year have been pity breakers and i want to cry tbh
most don't even have good skills for inheritance smh

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Nah it makes me sad to use up a 5* exclusive unit for a skill that can be obtained from promoting someone at lower rarity. I actually have a spare Deirdre from the legendary banner too but I’d much rather fodder her for speed ploy or just keep her for merges when I eventually get one that isn’t -atk