• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

R_N

GHBs with Combat Manuals as rewards would be a very enticing prospect.

A 5* Combat Manual as a reward for completing their Abyssal difficulty sounds a lot better than a golden accessory.
Conversely 3 or 4 star manuals are basically the same thing as free 3 or 4 star units and not as exciting.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Definitely looking forward to the potential that Combat Manuals could bring, if only because it makes Askr trio merges a feasible possibility. Speaking of which I still haven't given Anna her refine and now I've got Celica to add to that list. Guess I should be careful what I wish for, I'll barely have enough refining stones to do both Anna and Celica's refines, and just a few months ago I was complaining about having 700+ stones with nothing to use Divine Dew for.

Realistically the problem won't be using so many refining stones though, it'll be finding things to use those stones on. Might be time to toss a Slaying Lance on Oscar for future Abyssal clears, or dump the Sack o' Gifts on Titania just to have something to refine.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Combat Manuals as rewards? They may as well give you the units anyway. Your choice to turn innocent people into manuals.

GHB units are rewarded at 3 and 4*, so the idea is to give the Combat Manual at 5* for completing Abyssal difficulty. You get the complete skillset to pass on to someone without technically losing a unit, but you can choose to merge that Manual into a promoted GHB unit instead. Low-cost options.

New banner(s) possibly tomorrow, with the Voting Gauntlet log-in bonuses. Wonder what the theme is this time.

Zora

perpetually tired
Why do you think there's a new banner tomorrow? The event calendar implies the next one isn't until next Thursday. Or, have there been banners that weren't on the calendar before?

R_N

I'm up to 10% on the legendary banner and I am not happy. The september quests should hopefully ensure I get a full 20, hopefully my next pull will be my last.
I already had one heart attack on a circle that was 4 blues (I have everyone) and 1 green (I have Gunnthra & vector).

Why do you think there's a new banner tomorrow? The event calendar implies the next one isn't until next Thursday. Or, have there been banners that weren't on the calendar before?
not a new banner, but for the voting gauntlet. It's on the 5th, the log in bonus starts tomorrow and we always get at least one banner to go with it so you can pull for relevant units.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Kinda funny how compared to last year only Brave Ike has really only held up, and a lot of that is for SI.

R_N

Kinda funny how compared to last year only Brave Ike has really only held up, and a lot of that is for SI.
Brave Lyn is still good. Bow archers are still limited to her and valentines roy, even ignoring how good a unit she is

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
She's in a weird state to me where PvE she's good for stuff with the right setup, but PvP she initially broke things so they spent too much on how to stop her.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
My 4.25% pity rate finally got broken by my first B!Ephraim. And he’s +Att, -HP which is one of his best boon/bane combos too (as the speed iv is a superbane)!

Free summon on the CYL1 banner rerun...was a three star Merric. Okay.

Now to ponder whether to use my free summon on CYLica or B!Hector.

R_N

I burned through as many quests (literaly all i have left are cavalry, flying and stratium 9 + 2 orbs left in grand conquests) as I could but my patience was rewarded because I got the dude I wanted: legendary marth. -hp(superbane)/+speed. The superbane is lame, but it wasn't -attack and speed is a pretty good boon to get. It'll be very nice to have this guy in my backpocket for dragon content and arena assault.
Since it was a 10% pityrate I decided to finish the pull and got nothing but garbage. Which? Fair.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I burned through as many quests (literaly all i have left are cavalry, flying and stratium 9 + 2 orbs left in grand conquests) as I could but my patience was rewarded because I got the dude I wanted: legendary marth. -hp(superbane)/+speed. The superbane is lame, but it wasn't -attack and speed is a pretty good boon to get. It'll be very nice to have this guy in my backpocket for dragon content and arena assault.
Since it was a 10% pityrate I decided to finish the pull and got nothing but garbage. Which? Fair.

...Yup. Keeping my orb count over 100 forever.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Swordhardt gatecrashed six times before Marth finally stumbled in with an atk bane for me.

At least he didn't crash at a rate higher than 8.5, but this was easily the harshest Legendary Banner run I've had.

R_N

Swordhardt gatecrashed six times before Marth finally stumbled in with an atk bane for me.

At least he didn't crash at a rate higher than 8.5, but this was easily the harshest Legendary Banner run I've had.
On the bright side, you now have a +5 Swordhardt!

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
....Except

I had a +4 Swordhardt already over the months because he kept pitybreaking me left and right

DlzaF_BU0AIBizq.jpg

He really wants to make sure I like him.

Last edited:

R_N

so far as red hell issues go, getting a +10 out of it on a solid unit is pretty nice
a +10 should be enough to keep you out of cav hell if you put him on a mixed team in the arena, even