• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Managed to beat all of the Relay Defense maps and while I really like the mode, the stats and enemy density are too much. The 6th map is the one that gave me the most trouble rather than either of the Abyssal difficulty ones, and the fact that we're getting shards at all as a reward is awful. And like, every enemy has Pivot while the healers are absurdly dumb when they effectively heal any all to full. Hopefully they tone it down a bit with future iterations but not too much that it becomes too easy, because I do enjoy having to be more deliberate with my brigade and make use of friend units more extensively.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Hot damn, three New Hero banners three Fridays in a row.

schedule.png

Gonna take a crack at that first one coming up being Farfetched 2. The one after that, the one lasting for a month, runs at the same time as those Book II missions, so Book II is about to close up. With that in regard, gonna guess that banner is the Muspell OCs, sans Sutyr and Loki. So Helbindi, Laegjern, and Laevatainn.

Swift Sparrow and Ploy banners too. Lots of worthwhile banners to go around this month.

R_N

I really doubt Muspell OCs go into the permanent pool when Fjorm & Gunnthra are legendary heroes. Especially since they're such fan favorites, they'd absolutely get the whales going on such a limited time banner.

Still though...a month long normal banner is pretty suspect. Even the CYL banners weren't a month long.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
People have pointed out that the upcoming iOS achievement silhouette is someone with blue hair and twintails which has led people to believe we're getting a Fates banner with Flora soon, so I'm betting on this week's banner being that. This still leaves the question of why we're getting another set of new heroes the following Friday, it can't just be regular game banner if it's lasting a whole month. Making Farfetched Heroes 2 last a whole month also wouldn't make sense and the fact that we're essentially getting 4 non-seasonal banners in a row is highly suspicious. At any rate it does seem like they're going to push for the end of Book 2 over the next month. Look at all those login bonuses though!

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Oh right, that silhouette is a thing.

Well, we're at the Fire Temple now, the counterpart to Nifl's Ice Temple, which housed the Hoshido Wings of Fate units, so this could very well be the Nohrian counterpart.

In that case, as with the Hoshido banner, it would have two Gen 2 units not bound by story path, an attendant, and a royal alt. Flora would be that attendant. There are three more boundless Gen 2 kids - Sophie, Dwyer, and Midori - so any two of those three would work. As for the Nohrian royal alt, no contest, time to bust out Iceblade Leo.

R_N

A history of permanent banners through the ages.
Family Bonds: 13 days
Sibling Bonds: 15 days
Blazing Shadows: 15 days
World of Shadows: 13 days
World of Radiance: 20 days (probably because of golden week)
Rite of Shadows: 15 days
Echoes of Mystery: 16 days
Alm & Celica Armies: 15 days
The Sacred World: 16 days
Brave Heroes (CYL1): 16 days
Dauntless Crimeans: 14 days
World of Holy War: 14 days (Ayra never forget......)
Farfetched Heroes (CYL1 runoffs): 20 days
Children of Fate: 14 days (rememb er when they put Rhajat into the voting gauntlet? bad times)
World of Dawn: 14 days
Sacred Memories: 16 days
Fallen Heroes: 15 days (all 5*s, technically 2 alts but grima gets a pass...dark times)
The Branded King: 14 days
World of Thracia: 14 days
Wings of Fate: 16 days
Genealogy: 12 days (unusually short regardless of math errors)
Scattered Fangs: 14 days
Ylissean Travelers: 21
Brave Heroes: ~23
Doorway to Destiny: 14
Upcoming Banner #1: 25 days?! I feel like I had tohave miscounted here
Upcoming Banner #2: 31!

I wasn't super consistent on counting inclusive days (ie it ends in 2 weeks, but also counts the day it starts) so the totals are probably +/-1 days. Still, you get the idea. Even with the oddly long-running banners we've been getting lately, that month long banner is a hair longer than some seasonal banners.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
New heroes every week, culminating with the Legendary Hero Banner. Dear god. Save your orbs.

Also, the previous Farfetched Heroes lasted almost a month, so that month-long banner may be the next one.

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
is it just me or does it feel like they're rushing the story to the end because they're announcing Book 3 soon?

R_N

It feels like rushing because the seasonal banners mean we get like 1 chapter per month and now we're getting 3 chapters 3 weeks in a row

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It feels like rushing because the seasonal banners mean we get like 1 chapter per month and now we're getting 3 chapters 3 weeks in a row

In addition to this, the story has also dragged itself out for awhile now. While it did start off with promising development, a lot of the chapters before Hrid and the current one fell into a cycle of "oh no we're cornered and need to retreat" with some very mild development forward, if even that. If anything getting 3 chapters in 3 weeks is offsetting the snail pace of the plot awhile back.

R_N

In addition to this, the story has also dragged itself out for awhile now. While it did start off with promising development, a lot of the chapters before Hrid and the current one fell into a cycle of "oh no we're cornered and need to retreat" with some very mild development forward, if even that. If anything getting 3 chapters in 3 weeks is offsetting the snail pace of the plot awhile back.
The cornered stuff before The Rite of Frost was interesting though because we got the best characters in the game: the fire sisters.
then suddenly it kicked into overdrive after gunnthra died (then died again, then died again) with us instantly going to the rite of frost, intsantly going to surtr and revealing HIS trump card, then it slowed down again: running away, meeting hrid while still running away, and finally running away while trying to figure the traitor (guest starring plot and Loki just going "ok well that was fun here is literally a map to your destination toodles").

I honestly like a number of things about Book 2 but lordy I hope Book 3 has actual like...pacing. I can deal with dumb contrivances but I need you to pick a speed and stick with it.

even the official comic made fun of the weird pacing and how zach was just not relevant at all until hrid (& even then)
zxphnfX.jpg

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The preview is up.

Out of all of them, Flora is outright amazing. Look at that BIG description box, that extra DEF+20, Quick Riposte, the new ATK/RES Solo 3 skill, Def Ploy 3... She gives Dancing Micaiah competition.

...And Silas is sharing blue with Ophelia.

Silas' lackluster skill stuff screams demotion to me, unless Even Def Wave 3 is too precious.

Ophelia now provides Chill Res 3 fodder outside of Spring Catria.

Nina is pretty decent and not so noteworthy, unless that extra 7 damage thing is.

Remember that this isn't the one-month long banner. It's the next one in a week.

This next GHB is against Garon.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
HAKO actually made good special attack art for once!

I mean I always like their FEH Artwork but the special portraits were so lame. Glad that artists like them are given another chance to shine.

And hey, at least we'll get Reposition in the blue color as a four star unit for once.

R_N

Flora is basically one long letter apologizing for how bad dagger units are.

Silas is the obvious demotion, yeah, and thank god. It probably means the standard stance skills will start dropping and they'll be open to wave skills in the future. More importantly, a third source of easy reposition! FINALLY

Nina should drop, frankly, but we all know she wont.

I can't believe we got a 4 character banner with no alterantes in sight.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Oh, wait. Ophelia is pretty good. She gets a very exclusive cooldown for EVERY magic ally and HERSELF.

Ready the magic specials at command.
Mage Emblem with her = instant Aether

Flora is tempting but I want to save my 90 orbs and see what is going to happen next week too. Fortunately Silas is going to be demoted and I already have V!Roy as my Bow Valor user.

Isn't this the first time Def Ploy is in the regular summoning pool?