• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Lon’qu will almost surely have built-in Att/Spd Solo 3 in his sword considering it fits the name well. Hopefully he keeps the reduced cooldown effect at least. Having that solo skill alone would make him sooo much better.

Innes will probably get double ploys in Nidhogg like Katarina and Tana is hard to predict.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Ah finally, a set of refines for units I don't have. Among units before CYL1, this leaves Eliwood, Seliph, Ryoma, Ike, Xander, Valter, Camus, Reinhardt, Olwen, Delthea, Hector, Sonya, and Julia as the only units without a refine (side-grades don't count). I don't think any of these refines are very far out of reach at this point though I suspect those DC weapons wouldn't get a refine until a major update, perhaps 3.0? I think they can also easily make a Dire Thunder refine that only helps Olwen significantly so I don't think Reinhardt is enough of a reason to not expect it to happen eventually. Not like Reinhardt is even dominant anymore though.

Looking forward to those new Abyssal maps though, I don't suspect they'll be that painful to beat unless they add reinforcements to the mix. The Abyssal maps currently don't add more reinforcements or enemies than Infernal though so I have my doubts on that.

R_N

Ah finally, a set of refines for units I don't have. Among units before CYL1, this leaves Eliwood, Seliph, Ryoma, Ike, Xander, Valter, Camus, Reinhardt, Olwen, Delthea, Hector, Sonya, and Julia as the only units without a refine (side-grades don't count). I don't think any of these refines are very far out of reach at this point though I suspect those DC weapons wouldn't get a refine until a major update, perhaps 3.0? I think they can also easily make a Dire Thunder refine that only helps Olwen significantly so I don't think Reinhardt is enough of a reason to not expect it to happen eventually. Not like Reinhardt is even dominant anymore though.

Looking forward to those new Abyssal maps though, I don't suspect they'll be that painful to beat unless they add reinforcements to the mix. The Abyssal maps currently don't add more reinforcements or enemies than Infernal though so I have my doubts on that.
I don't think we'll see refinable DC weapons any time soon, even in 3.0. DC is such a coveted skill they probably see it as worth its weight in gold (which, in fairness, it basically is).

Rein isn't as dominant but he's still a threat and very good at his job, so unless they specifically recode how Dire Thunder is treated in-game (the three Falchions are internally three different weapons) I don't see Dire Thunder getting any refine. It's a really good tome and even if the signature refine was trash the fact it could get more power or defenses would be..................dire.

Not sure about Valter. He honestly should get a refine just so he can get Fury 3, but getting a special refine on top of that would make him "worse eldigan" to "explicitly better eldigan".

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Give Vidofnir the Hoarfrost Knife Def buff. May as well go for broke. Then give it the selective QR5 for those weapons on refine to go for broker.

And play up Innes's desire to be the best strategician and king and give him a built-in Wave in Nidhogg.

As for the Abyssal modes, the biggest issue with the current Abyssal modes we have are the array of unique and great skills and combinations and reinforcements that can crop up. The same could happen with the old GHBs, but we don't have to worry about Ursula having a Wave skill, or Narcian with something like Chill Def, etc.

Last edited:

R_N

Give Vidofnir the Hoarfrost Knife Def buff. May as well go for broke. Then give it the selective QR5 for those weapons on refine to go for broker.

And play up Innes's desire to be the best strategician and king and give him a built-in Wave in Nidhogg.

As for the Abyssal modes, the biggest issue with the current Abyssal modes we have are the array of unique and great skills and combinations and reinforcements that can crop up. The same could happen with the old GHBs, but we don't have to worry about Ursula having a Wave skill, or Narcian with something like Chill Def, etc.
I mean, we might, they've shown willingness to change up skillsets. Infernal threw out a bunch of skill sets that I could see doing it again to accomodate more recent skills that still fit their shtick

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't think we'll see refinable DC weapons any time soon, even in 3.0. DC is such a coveted skill they probably see it as worth its weight in gold (which, in fairness, it basically is).

Rein isn't as dominant but he's still a threat and very good at his job, so unless they specifically recode how Dire Thunder is treated in-game (the three Falchions are internally three different weapons) I don't see Dire Thunder getting any refine. It's a really good tome and even if the signature refine was trash the fact it could get more power or defenses would be..................dire.

Not sure about Valter. He honestly should get a refine just so he can get Fury 3, but getting a special refine on top of that would make him "worse eldigan" to "explicitly better eldigan".

I don't think we're getting 3.0 update until towards the end of the year, by which point I think a DC refine for Siegfried, Gradivus, Raijinto and Ragnell isn't a far-fetched thought. Brave Hector may be a special case but he did set a precedent for "DC but more" and with the trends we've seen with the last few banners, they're not at all afraid to creep things up. I don't think a refined DC weapon would even creep anything right now though, none of the original DC crew is actually good with the skill anymore (or just not good in general) and even ignoring armor meta, a refined weapon is straight-up better than innate DC for them other than for arena points. I doubt a refine would change the fact that they generally don't like fighting mages anyway. The big issue is of course, if IS realizes this is the case yet.

Reinhardt on the other hand is not a unit I think is really that scary. He's good sure, but he's not meta-defining at all and sort of fits under a mold of "destroy thoroughly or do absolutely no damage" so I don't think a refine would break him. I think something that scales off of speed like Giga Excalibur would be a very polarizing way to approach a Dire Thunder refine but also fairly effective, though given Cherche's Axe gave an unrelated support skill I can see Dire Thunder doing the same. Cherche's Axe only gives +1 Atk with an Atk refine as well though so I'd almost wonder if an Atk refine would even exist for Dire Thunder, though +1 Atk there honestly wouldn't change a ton either.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Finally got my first Julia after over a year! She's +Res, -HP which feels like a bit of a double-edged sword in that she can tank blue units all day but the superbane hurts a bit in the special bulk too.

All I need is Ephraim and Hinoka from the original starting roster + the Family Bonds banner now. I would love especially the latter as Nowitch is my only flier with access to Hone Fliers and that another user with Hone Fliers would help with her Raurblade+ even better.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Robin with 99.0038% of Morgan's score at the final hour. That's the closest it's ever gotten to hitting multiplier range.

Arvis > Julia, Lilina > Hector, and Nina > Niles going into Round 2.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Well I suppose they had to put the other Reinhardt in the banner to show how much he means to Ishtar. Can’t have WT!Olwen in there, nope.

Took the red circle as my free summon and got a three star Roy that’s +Def, -HP. His best IVs for tanking and I might throw in Fierce Stance in there to go along with his refine.

R_N

I got a...fallen celica??
Not even looking at the nature since I usually only use my other Fallen Celica for fun. This gal's a free Chill Speed. The possibilities are overwhelming

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I've gotten yet another Cordelia from a free roll, that's probably close to 11 by now if I hadn't already sent some home or foddered them for Galeforce but god I don't want her. Guess it'll be another year before I ever get Oscar to +10 at this rate.

Also went ahead to snipe greens for G Duel Infantry and that hasn't been treating me super nicely either. I've gotten 2 Titanias so she's now sitting at +9 at least but I've been pitybroken by Sumia and green Olwen so far. I won't say no to an extra Swift Sparrow but Sumia only has fairly niche fodder so she'll probably sit around for awhile, unless I have someone in need of Atk/Def Link or build an enemy phase lance unit who can make use of Reprisal Lance. Next banner is a seasonal which I don't really care about so I'll just keep on sniping greens while this banner is up, if only for the possibility of finishing Soren and Titania merges.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
But what if Halloween Greil Mercenaries are a thing.

I've skipped all the past Tellius seasonal units, don't think I'd roll for a seasonal Ike either. What I'm really worried about is a Radiant Dawn Soren or Lord Ike alt in the regular pool because those would be things I might roll for.

Speaking of which I decided to jump right back into green sniping and got another Soren so I think I made the right choice. Only need one more of him to hit +10 so hopefully I can manage that before hopefully getting my duel skill.

R_N

Beat the BHB on infernal with armor emblem. It was nice how my hodgepodge decisions lead to eventually the perfect counter. Halloween Henry (+3) with some defense stacking (DD3 seal, res wave, ward armor) tanks & kills Ishtar with QR2. Since my Res Wave is even, that means it procs the same turn as the red mage's even speed wave, which means that Henry's spectral tome makes the bow slow (so henry survives with ease and kills back). The green owl tome cav is just slow enough that, with the red mage separated due to unit placement, Hector can proc speed smoke 3 seal to survive (& kill) the following turn. Keeping CD3 and stacking with the seal allows Ephraim to survive and kill the manakete.

I really need to remember I have the smoke seals, they'res o good and useful.

Also I think the spectral tome is really underated. Even in the context of being an event-only tome, you don't see many people suggest using it. panic tome is such a good effect