• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

R_N

I don't think the new banner is book 3 because the FEH channel stated it was for december. And having the units in the game for like 2 weeks before they become relevant in the book seems weird?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I want this banner to be Male Kris, Female Kris, Cecil, and Ryan just so people can get mad about an Archanea banner. Just please don't meme on me with a Path of Radiance banner here because they technically didn't say anything about it when they mentioned Radiant Dawn and Binding Blade. Important note is that apparently the Japanese wording of the Ward Skills banner (加護) actually lines up more closely with Crusader's Ward (聖騎士の加護), Sacae's Blessing (サカの加護), and Beorc's Blessing (ベオクの加護), so that's probably just a repeat of the last Hero Fest minus Nephenee.

Last year was actually just as long of a wait though, and we haven't gotten anything nearly as bad as the Ayra situation this time so I think we're doing better this year. The last chapter of Book 1 was Dauntless Crimeans on September 15th last year, which admittedly we didn't know would be the end because of how abruptly that ended. After that we had Performing Arts, World of Holy War (and Ayra), Trick or Defeat, and Farfetched Heroes before Book 2 happened in early December.

The end of Book 2 was with the Nohrian Dusk banner which started on September 14th, and since then we've had Generals of Muspell, Brave Redux, The Land's Bounty, Adrift, and whatever the new banner which will probably be followed by Book 3 in early December. This is discounting Legendary Tiki and Legendary Eirika, but we actually haven't had any non-seasonal or unnecessary alts for awhile until Adrift. The next banner could also be a disaster but that's more new banners than last year in the same amount of time.

Still a light calendar though, which I guess...is fine. Makes sense to keep things simple for the month before Book 3 though I fully expect the next banner to have something wild regardless. Hopefully the good kind of wild.

R_N

I don't think people would necessarily get mad at an Archanea banner. Like yeah we still aren't getting a FE6 banner until March, but Archanea's only ever had 1, so...why not!

People would get mad if it was Marth Alt & Caeda Alt on the same banner, which would happen, though.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
I'm just glad it's only two weeks until our first non-FGrima colorless legendary hero.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Whatever the new banner will be, it will be one with both a Grand Hero and a Forging Bonds, so we could maybe figure out the banner's origins from that, assuming it's a single game banner.

Like, even if this next banner was Archanea, I don't imagine someone like Gharnef or Lang would be in a Forging Bonds event. It would however be proper for Astram to both be a Grand Hero and be in the Forging event.

Then again Nohrian Dusk had the Garon GHB and he, thankfully, wasn't in Forging Bonds, so who knows.

R_N

Whatever the new banner will be, it will be one with both a Grand Hero and a Forging Bonds, so we could maybe figure out the banner's origins from that, assuming it's a single game banner.

Like, even if this next banner was Archanea, I don't imagine someone like Gharnef or Lang would be in a Forging Bonds event. It would however be proper for Astram to both be a Grand Hero and be in the Forging event.

Then again Nohrian Dusk had the Garon GHB and he, thankfully, wasn't in Forging Bonds, so who knows.
It really just depends on if it's a 4 character banner or not. Garon wasn't in FB because Nohrian Dusk was Nina, Flora, Silas and Ophelia
Aversa was in the Brave Redux FB beause it was just Loki, Kliff & Owain

R_N

Right now, I'm about to hit the feather limit again and I'm being tempted to promote this Sothe with SPD+ RES-. Would he be better than one with a DEF- bane?
Ultimately it comes down to do you think you'll get more use out of (with L&D3 applied) 17 def/13 res or 14 def/16 res

personally i'd just flip a coin and adjust how i use him accordingly, dude has enough HP and speed he should be able to safely take *a* hit

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ultimately it comes down to do you think you'll get more use out of (with L&D3 applied) 17 def/13 res or 14 def/16 res

personally i'd just flip a coin and adjust how i use him accordingly, dude has enough HP and speed he should be able to safely take *a* hit
Screw it. He's getting promoted. His defenses are too low but he'll outspeed so many units anyway, even more so with his unique weapon's effect.

R_N

So I know that trying to predict banners is a lesson in futility (literally no one expected this banner) but the latest tap battle has a lot of Future Past stuff in it and, jduging by the banner, will dovetail back to the Adrift stuff

Getting mighty suspicious(/hoping) that it will be an awakening banner focused on Future Past that has Loki trying her hand at Grima or Naga.
Severa, Inigo, Lucina-Alt, Noire would be the golden scenario for that.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
See, that would be pretty cool. Especially because the GHB would probably be Grimleal!Morgan.

R_N

If you're wondering why we have that Arena theme playing in the final map, it's actually a bug and they plan on updating the game with a fix for it.

Pretty sure a lot of us were fishy on that happening!
i wasn't fishy i was just like "wow really dropped the ball on this tempest huh"

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
They done goofed in Aether Raids with calculations done wrong and such. So after the 20th of this month, we're getting 10 orbs as an apology.

Which is good, because this mode has no relation to giving orbs at all.

R_N

Since Saber is likely to only be on Legendary banners from here on out, and the next banner probably wouldn't interest me anyway, I decided it's now or never for my collection. And, hey, more chances for a Fir or Draug!

The end result was all my orbs (88), 1 Draug (-Speed/+HP) and a 4% pity rate. Typical.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Since Saber is likely to only be on Legendary banners from here on out, and the next banner probably wouldn't interest me anyway, I decided it's now or never for my collection. And, hey, more chances for a Fir or Draug!

The end result was all my orbs (88), 1 Draug (-Speed/+HP) and a 4% pity rate. Typical.
I-I don't think that was such a good idea. Saber is pretty nice now, but the new banner overlaps with the New Power one to make you decide...