• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Armors and Horses can't get Sturdy Impact.

Not the best case scenario of no one getting it, but it avoids armors breaking the meta to pieces with that and Bold Fighter.

Last edited:

R_N

We also got Naesala info!

Blue Beast
39 HP, 32 Attack, 38 speed, 24 defense, 29 res

His weapon is...god I'm not transcribing this just have an image
I8zdot1.png

His skills are Blazing Wind, Swift Sparrow (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and Guard.

It took like 10 swift sparrow users but they finally are just giving free-ish access to it. And also guard is here

Zora

perpetually tired
I want y'all's opinion on something.

I have a Kliff I'm fine foddering and Deirdre has a pretty solid refine. I'm wondering if def/res fortress 3 is s good for for Deirdre, since it'll boost her resistance for her res check to initiate spectrum blow/stance.

Part if me is concerned that Deirdre doesn't have enough attack most of the time and doesn't usually need the extra res/stats, so something like atk/res bond or mirror stance is generally more useful.

Her skills would be: Divine Naga, iceberg, drf/res fortress 3, qr3, atk ploy 3 or even res wave, and res ploy.

What do y'all think is better for Divine Naga: the fortress skill, atk/res bond, or mirror stance? Aiming for EP build btw.

I haven't summoned Deirdre yet so don't know IVs, but will summon her along with Julia on upcoming banner.

R_N

I want y'all's opinion on something.

I have a Kliff I'm fine foddering and Deirdre has a pretty solid refine. I'm wondering if def/res fortress 3 is s good for for Deirdre, since it'll boost her resistance for her res check to initiate spectrum blow/stance.

Part if me is concerned that Deirdre doesn't have enough attack most of the time and doesn't usually need the extra res/stats, so something like atk/res bond or mirror stance is generally more useful.

Her skills would be: Divine Naga, iceberg, drf/res fortress 3, qr3, atk ploy 3 or even res wave, and res ploy.

What do y'all think is better for Divine Naga: the fortress skill, atk/res bond, or mirror stance? Aiming for EP build btw.

I haven't summoned Deirdre yet so don't know IVs, but will summon her along with Julia on upcoming banner.
if you get a neutral attack deirdre, I think eating -2 attack is worth it. 31 attack is...workable. But that +6 res will go a long ways, 41-44 res will overcome a lot of the competition, I think only really bulky units will not proc her refine. And, hey, you can shrug off even more dragons.

More importantly, the fortress skill will always be active and is directly appleid to your stats. This means it wil lhelp proc any Ploys of your choosing, unlike Mirror Stance & Attack/Res Bond, which will only work to proc your refine. My general rule of thumb for bonds is to put them on bulky units who like to hang out near others

The +6 defense is just a pleasant bonus. Maybe you'll be able to shrug off the occasional bow or really slow melee?

Zora

perpetually tired
People at Reddit playing with datamines confirm that in combat bonuses don't apply to Divine Naga's res check, just like Kliff's Sagittae. 35 res is a lot, but 32 isn't insurmountable especially since she'll face a lot of mages.

Since she'll be EP focused anyway, worse case I'd apply Fierce Stance seal to help with her attack at the cost of losing a ploy, which seems fair.

R_N

People at Reddit playing with datamines confirm that in combat bonuses don't apply to Divine Naga's res check, just like Kliff's Sagittae. 35 res is a lot, but 32 isn't insurmountable especially since she'll face a lot of mages.

Since she'll be EP focused anyway, worse case I'd apply Fierce Stance seal to help with her attack at the cost of losing a ploy, which seems fair.
Ah, since it checks start of combat. Makes ense

Even better case for using Fortress Defense/Res then

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
We've burned through one calendar. Time for the next one.

Dammit, more Special Heroes in 13 days. And another TT+ soon. Plus, a SECOND batch of Special Heroes two days later.

Prepare for Red Hell: Sword Valor Edition.

Time to get a new Mythic Hero at the end of the month.

Yay for second anniversary celebration.

R_N

They are really dedicated to dragging out the wait between Book 3 chapters as much as humanly possible, aren't they.

What holiday is left to celebrate in January in Japan? February is Valentines but I can’t think of anything else.
It'll probably just be a random assortment type banner. Like the Performing Arts and Festival banners.
God forbid we have a month with 2 normal banners.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
They are really dedicated to dragging out the wait between Book 3 chapters as much as humanly possible, aren't they.

It'll probably just be a random assortment type banner. Like the Performing Arts and Festival banners.
God forbid we have a month with 2 normal banners.
I would say the performing arts banner was the most random of the two. The festival banner actually does coincide with an actual Japanese holiday iirc.

As for the banner, my free summon yielded me Tibarn with a very great IV spread of +Def, -Spd! After 40ish orbs, I also got me Reyson with IVs of +Spd, -Def. That’s probably his best spread since he doesn’t take a superbane unlike HP and Res.

R_N

BEASTS TIME
239 orbs, let's see if I can get Tibarn, Nailah & Leanne. I'll skip greens after the first few pulls, since Reyson will likely be demoted. If I still have orbs, I'll go for extra Nailah & Tibarns.

First set: ...Nailah! On the last orb of the batch, typical. Could have used that work towards the pity rate. -defense/+res. Can't say that's really ideal, but at least it wasn't -speed or, worse, -attack.
4 sets later I got pity broken at 3.75% by a...Mia?! +res/-attack. Unforuntate. But, she's new, at least. Rest of the set was 2 4*s anbd 2 3*s. Typical.
3 sets later...pity broken by Flora. Oh come on! I have her! -def/+hp, whatever I';ll figure out who to give QR3 or Solo to. This circle also had 3 3* Gaiuses which is just cruel.
and long story short I'm at 3 orbs and a 3.75% pity rate. Time to rebuild and harvest the tickets from Forging Bonds; looks like it's 4 total

But I will get my beasts, dang it. Even if Tibarn winds up being -attack, somehow.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I spent around 40 orbs and got Brave Epharaim (I had one aready) and 5 star Sonya. No beasts and i very much doubt I will get any.. ;.;

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
This game is memeing on me really hard right now by making the RD banner end the same night that Mythic Banner begins. Even though Reyson is likely dropping I wanted to roll for one of him just to start him now but the game decided to spite me with a Libra at 4.25%, the only green pitybreaker I didn't want. I did get a +Spd -Atk Nailah so if I get another in the future I'm set there, but I've spent almost 200 orbs and all my tickets so it's no longer worth rolling. I considered foddering her to give the disrupt skill to my Ike for AR purposes but I don't think I will bother. I can just use Nailah herself for that, she's a better color for it anyway. I still have about 540 orbs and that should be closer to 650 or even 700 by the time Mythic Banner starts (and then anniversary is shortly after) so I'm not worried about finishing Ike, but being pitybroken by Libra is a very bad taste that will leave me with mild regrets until then. I know I shouldn't be though because I had budgeted about this many orbs for this exact purpose.

I did get 3 Merrics and 3 Sheenas though so they're now +8 and +7 respectively, which is a bit frustrating considering how long it took for Soren and Titania to reach there, but it is nice seeing them come so far. I did also use my grails to get two more Black Knight merges since Naesala is not a Tellius unit I care enough about to invest grails into, so he's now at +6 ignoring the BK deal I've yet to buy. All these merges have me spent on feathers though so I've got a bit of HM grinding to do, especially since I do at least want to have a +1 Naesala to take advantage of those merge boosts next month.

On a separate note I have to say I am very impressed with this Forging Bonds for having actually good dialogue. Actual character interaction really bumps up the quality a lot, but it's also actually accurate to the characters as well without pointless pandering towards the player. This is a very good jump in quality.

R_N

On a separate note I have to say I am very impressed with this Forging Bonds for having actually good dialogue. Actual character interaction really bumps up the quality a lot, but it's also actually accurate to the characters as well without pointless pandering towards the player. This is a very good jump in quality.
Bringing in the Askr trio was the best thing to happen since it means an actual conversation can happen instead of a one way conversation. I feel like for the beasts, they really brought their A-game. 5 unique units, every color satisfied, great art, skills, a useful demotion in the making, a forging bonds with effort into it.

This is what the Nifl FB should have been, but they only flirted with it in the between scenes where the siblings talk to each other. That should have been the entire thing, mixed with talking to the Askr trio.

Theo-92

I would save Fort. Def/Res 3 for some one else. The +6 Def is wasted on her and can be put to better use. Go with Atk/Res Bond 3, Res Ploy 3 and Fierce Stance for her A, C and seal slots.

Got to 4% on the Laguz banner using orbs and tickets rolling on blue but was pity broken by a 3rd Ninian. I figired I might as well finish the circle and got a 5 star Silvia. I can't remember what IVs they had as I turned them both into manuals. I did get get another A!Tiki so she is now +7 and a 4 star Tailtiu (+Atk/-Def) which will by my next +10 project now that her refine is available. A little disapointed not getting Nailah but she will obviously appear on more banners. The sooner the better though.

Zora

perpetually tired
I would save Fort. Def/Res 3 for some one else. The +6 Def is wasted on her and can be put to better use. Go with Atk/Res Bond 3, Res Ploy 3 and Fierce Stance for her A, C and seal slots.

The thing is, I only give premium fodder to my Judgral units (i.e. these guys: https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_characters_in_Fire_Emblem_Heroes#Jugdral_Series , excluding Deirdre, Julia, and Ayra who I haven't summoned yet). And no on one really jumps out at me as being an 'optimal' user of Fort Def/Res 3. Arden might be fun with barrier blade and water boost seal mixed in, but not all that effective. In general, none of these units have great mixed bulk and those who might (e.g. Swordhardt) generally have other A slots to worry about.

About the only reason I'd be leaning to Atk/Res Bond 3 at this point is because wasting two weeks to get another W!Cecilia isn't that bad; whereas Kliff is a one and done. I'll probably play around with a damage calculator more against specific mage threats and see how Deirdre stacks against those.