• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
- Two free, albeit, random free summons based on the seasonals from year one and year two with an additional free summon coming soon for the heroes minigame thing.
- 11 daily banners based on past BHBs
- No free plays anymore in Aether Raids but the cap to play it is now maxed at 50.
- Dragonflowers allow one unit to have their stats increased. Good way to help the old Gen 1 units get a good boost.
- Heroic Ideals allow you to get those things by needing certain units to play the maps on. In addition, they're given out in Aether Raids too.
- Tiers 22 - 27 are now added in Aether Raids.
- Home menu change
- Special illustrations.
- FEH GOT TO EAT HER CAKE!

Last edited:

R_N

Pretty interesting stuff coming. And some weird as hell changes to Aether Raids but such is life.
Lame we're not getting a 50 orb gift.

As such.... Idecided to go for more on the legendary banner!
Within ~30 orbs I got a Kliff! -HP/+Res. Not shabby
Then, with another 19 (albeit, still at an 8% pity rate) I got...Duma! -Attack Duma....but I'll take him.

Very satisfied with this banner. 3 5*s, no unfortunate breaks, no long streaks of nothing happening, I didn't get a dupe when I pulled for greens AND I got the colorless unit I really really wanted (even if his nature is less than ideal).

And they censored the English Feh Channel.

The Japanese one has more illustrations...well, an extra one.
Which is funny since it's still on the english website.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So! Let's see what color is worth pulling in the two banners for a free, random seasonal unit at 5*:

Banner 1

Red (25%)

Summer Leo (bad)
Halloween Nowi (sweet)
Winter Tharja (oh yeah)
New Years Camilla (eh)

Blue (12.5%)
Spring Lucina (bad)
Spring Xander (NASTY)
Bridal Caeda (eh)
Bridal Charlotte (eh)
Summer Robin (she has Lance Valor and is the only one with it so far)
Summer Corrin (eh)
Performing Shigure (decent because it's a singer)
Winter Robin (eh)

Green (9%)
Spring Chrom (eh)
Spring Camilla (good if you bother doing Gronraven+)
Summer Adult Tiki (has Axe Valor and is the only one with it so far)
Summer Xander (eh)
Summer Elise (has Green Tome Valor and is the only one with it so far)
Performing Inigo (decent because it's a dancer)
Performing Azura (sweet)
Halloween Henry (sweet)
Winter Lissa (oh yeah)
Winter Chrom (oh yeah)
New Years Azura (ooooooooh yeah)

Colorless (12.5%)
Bridal Lyn (sweet)
Bridal Cordelia (sweet)
Summer Frederick (bad)
Summer Gaius (bad, because Summer Noire is basically better)
Performing Olivia (decent because it's a dancer)
Halloween Sakura (has Dagger Valor, next to, ironically, Elise, who is also a seasonal)
Halloween Jacob (sweet)
New Years Takumi (eh)

Banner 2

Red (14.2%)

Bridal Tharja (sweet)
Summer Tana (sweet)
Summer Young Tiki (sweet, has Dragon Valor and is the only one with it so far)
Festive Micaiah (sweet)
Halloween Myrrh (sweet)
New Years Hrid (sweet)
New Years Gunnthra (sweet)

Blue (12.5%)
Valentine Lyn (sweet)
Spring Catria (sweet)
Bridal Ninian (sweet)
Summer Cordelia (sweet)
Summer Camilla (sweet)
Festive Ryoma (decent because it's a dancer and can be effective on armors)
Halloween Niles (sweet)
Winter Ephraim (oh yeah)

Green (10%)
Valentine Lilina (sweet)
Valentine Hector (oh yeah)
Spring Sharena (decent)
Spring Alphonse (decent)
Bridal Sanaki (sweet)
Summer Innes (decent)
Festive Elincia (decent, but then again, she's currently in the Mythic Banner)
Halloween Kagero (sweet)
Winter Fae (oh yeah)
New Years Fjorm (decent)

Colorless (11%)
Valentine Roy (decent, has Bow Valor, but so does Nina)
Spring Kagero (decent)
Summer Noire (decent)
Summer Linde (decent)
Festive Xander (decent since it's a dancer)
Summer Takumi (sweet)
Halloween Mia (sweet, only other staff flier next to HS!Sakura)
Winter Eirika (sweet, only armored staff unit)
New Years Laevatein (decent)

Personal Opinion:

On the first banner, it's a very loose canon. You can be really screwed up and only come out with something decent. Green has the best units. Colorless is risky, as it has very good units...next to really bad ones.

On the second banner... Hoo boy. Look at Red. Full of many good picks. The other three are equally decent.

R_N

The dumbest thing about the free pick banners are that, judging by Feh's examples, you aren't guaranteed every color
Which is just...dumb. Why wouldn't you just have it be a static summoning circle, one for each color. The banner is a one time thing so its not even like you can keep summoning to fish for the banner with the world's worst rates.

e: If they let you finish the session i guarantee it'd earn money from people who otherwise wouldn't have

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
The dumbest thing about the free pick banners are that, judging by Feh's examples, you aren't guaranteed every color
Which is just...dumb. Why wouldn't you just have it be a static summoning circle, one for each color. The banner is a one time thing so its not even like you can keep summoning to fish for the banner with the world's worst rates.

e: If they let you finish the session i guarantee it'd earn money from people who otherwise wouldn't have

If I don't see a red orb on the second banner I will cry

Also genuinely surprised the Dragonflowers aren't just a way to get gen 1 BST units back up to speed, seems bizarre to just buff infantry units as a whole. I guess gen 1 infantry units are definitely the furthest behind but it's slightly annoying that someone like Eliwood, Shanna, or Titania can't get the same boost when they are arguably just as in need of it. Meanwhile on the other side I can give my Ike a whole +2 to all of his stats again, or for example Ayra can get the same boost.

R_N

If I don't see a red orb on the second banner I will cry

Also genuinely surprised the Dragonflowers aren't just a way to get gen 1 BST units back up to speed, seems bizarre to just buff infantry units as a whole. I guess gen 1 infantry units are definitely the furthest behind but it's slightly annoying that someone like Eliwood, Shanna, or Titania can't get the same boost when they are arguably just as in need of it. Meanwhile on the other side I can give my Ike a whole +2 to all of his stats again, or for example Ayra can get the same boost.
The dragonflowers are a very odd way of boosting stats. Unless you're a 2017-2018 infantry unit you're only getting +1 to every stat which isn't....a lot. Like it's nice, I guess. It's a fun way to play with the other player systems and give your husbando/waifu even more love. But why go through this whole system at all for such minimal gain?

It's also not just gen 1 units, it is ALL units up to the dragonflowers implementation. So, like you say, we have all these gen 1 & gen 2 infantry units that can get those extra stats. I suppose it's just meant as something infatnry can get to help get an edge on the others who either have better mobility or the billion things armors get?

I will say I like the Heroic Ordeals concept, at least. It seems like a fun way to get more out of your barracks.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Yeah for Year 2 there's not a bad unit to pull on Red. It also has two tier 4 C skills, so SI alone it wins.

R_N

Red had the best bet for giving me something I wanted on the Special Heroes 1 Banner
50% of an entirely new hero who I'd really like
25% chance of getting another Nowi to make my current one better

and of COURSE I GET LEO
THE WORST POSSIBLE OPTION
goddddddd i hate you so much tomato boy

The free pull I had on the daily banner was a 3* Sheena. I liked when we tracked what we got on our free pulls for the last daily banners, I'll be doing that again.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Day 1 gave me someone from Archanea...and it was a three star Athena.

As for the special summon, I got my first Summer Gaius! Not Dagger Sakura or PA!Olivia but still gets Def Ploy 3 at least.

Edit: Wait they have IVs too? .__. Well my S!Gaius is +Spd, -Res. Oof on that superbane.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Day 1: I have Fae't in this game.

The free random 5* session had one green, blue, and three colorless orbs. I picked the green aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I got a very sweet Winter Lissa with ATK+ RES-. Finally, I can patch the RES+ ATK- I have with some more ATK added for good measure. All is forgiven, IS... (Not really.)

Hmm...

Fae...

Winter Lissa...

Game, is this a sign.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I got what Feh got and pulled Nekokura. By this precedent I expect to pull Vector next week, and that’s only because that circle will not have any reds on them for me to get Micaiah.

Speaking of Micaiah, I will probably drop some orbs on her BHB banner rerun on the tenth day. Can’t go wrong with an +4 and beyond.

R_N

Did you know you cannot refine the Kitty Paddle?
I didn't realize this until seeing my Sakura didn't have the AoE debuff and then saw she wasn't available in the refinery. I think it & Poison Dagger are the only generic daggers you can't refine.

It sucks a lot, those 2 really need it.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Some of these seasonals (before the PA one at least) really are outclassed nowadays.

Kliff is straight up better than Spring Lucina and Nina has better stats in everything sans Defense compared to Summer Gaius. Some do still hold up to today though like Spring Camilla if you give her Gronnraven+ and Bride Cordelia is also nice too. Kind of wish I pulled on Red now since I could have gotten something new (Leo and Tharja), fix the bane on my NY!Camilla or Att/Res Bond from Nowitch. >_>

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
This first set of seasonals has so much trash overall so I just took red because it was the only color where I didn't overly mind any of the pulls, all of them except Tharja are new to me and Tharja herself has good fodder. I actually got Winter Tharja too which is what I wanted the most here so that was a pleasant surprise, went and gave Close Counter to Merric since I have more Vengeful Fighter than I'll ever need.

My first free roll on the daily banners was a 4* Nino though so less lucky there, also took the single blue and got yet another Clair. I might just take every blue I see on the free circles for awhile to make sure I get that +10 Oscar as soon as possible though.

R_N

Some of these seasonals (before the PA one at least) really are outclassed nowadays.

Kliff is straight up better than Spring Lucina and Nina has better stats in everything sans Defense compared to Summer Gaius. Some do still hold up to today though like Spring Camilla if you give her Gronnraven+ and Bride Cordelia is also nice too. Kind of wish I pulled on Red now since I could have gotten something new (Leo and Tharja), fix the bane on my NY!Camilla or Att/Res Bond from Nowitch. >_>
Even at launch a lot of them weren't great to begin with.

Just as an example, let's consider Spring Lucina. Infantry Blue mage she is significantly weaker than Linde, wh oshe shares the same HP, speed & mostly same res (linde has +1). The increased defense dont mean much.
She's better than Odin but that's not saying much.
& Compared to Robin-M it's kind of a wash. He's got more physical bulk, she's got more speed & res, they have the same attack.

Her big claim to fame was Swift Sparrow. Which. Boy. That sure is a skill that's on a billion units now for no reason.

I'd say of the early seasonal units, the only one who really sticks out still (for reasons other than inheritance) is Spring Camilla. Her defense & hp are higher than both Bride Sanaki & Flying Nino and she's straight up stronger than Nino (who makes up for it with her tome's effect). The bulk & attack make her a reasonable option and she'll always have the raven tome investment niche.

Zora

perpetually tired
I think the big difference is, prior to either performing arts, Halloween, or Christmas, the seasonal units were meant to be more replaceable. You had some seasonal only interesting niches such as the tome fliers (Camilla/Corrin/Nowi), for the most part they all had alternatives. For example, S!Elise is practically Nino without bladetome. And hell, some of those niches, such as most of the tome fliers, are no longer locked to seasonals.

Year two changed that. While there's still very few meta defining seasonals--H!Myrrh is the only one that stands out--they stopped being replaceable. You want a red flying dragon? A red armored dragon? A flying/armored healer? Green daggers? A dancer with a delete Surtr tome? You need seasonals. There's a legitimate question now if a particular seasonal fills a niche, which is why most of the year 2 seasonals are good.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Next update is coming on February 6th.

Nino, Eliwood, Niles, Oboro, Hinata, Amelia, Seth, and Tharja are all getting new weapons (except Eliwood) and refines.

It's raining refines. Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
They're also nerfing Spring Breeze and that lava map in Aether Raids too. Having four indestructible pillars was already dumb to begin with. Along with that, we can toggle and see which of our unit's stats have their asset or flaw (while also removing those green numbers at last too).