• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

R_N

While I am wary (and paranoid) of the very real possibility of the next banner being a Book 3 OCs banner, my issue with it is that there's no way to make a good banner out of it since every Book 3 OC is green or presumed green except Lif, and it's safe to assume Lif or Hel (or both) will be Mythic or Legendary. Henriette is holding a green tome in her art so she's presumably a green mage, and then Gustav and Hel are both axes, so I doubt they will do a banner with all these since that makes the chances of pulling a green focus way too good. I also don't think we'll see 2 unit banners again since the Surtr/Ylgr banner was a disaster for IS, way too easy to +10 a unit without heavy spending.

Personally, I think Henriette and Gustav will be ignored and not added immediately, while Hel and Lif will take slots on Mythic banners, or even Legendary in the case of Lif. Alternatively they make Lif steal a Farfetched spot from the male side, since there's no rule saying Lif must be a Mythic just because Thrasir was (see: Male Grima) so I can see that happening here. I also don't think there's a way to make a feasible Tempest Trials with a Book 3 theme if there's a Tempest banner as well, so it just makes the most sense to me that these banners are Farfetched and Book 4 respectively.
Lif getting weird treatment is always possible, true (see: Ylgr), but Eir is a mythic, Thrasir is a mythic, Hel is absolutely going to be a mythic (she's one of the few actual gods in the series and not just a powerful dragon). It jsut seems right that ultra alfonse goes into the limited bin instead of the permanent one.

I dunno if the 2 character banner is necessarily a disaster, though. They even did another one a little later with Takumi/Leo. It might even get people who dont normally spend to spend. But the green tome is a problem...I suppose they could just shove the 2 into Legendary banners eventually. Note that Julia uses a red tome in her artwork, but is considered Blue. So might be some wiggle room?

As for the tempest issue, if we kept it book 3 themed and wanted a separate banner to go with it (do tempest banners usually show up on these btw? its not here but i dunno if that means anything) there is the out of a Loki/Surtr banner (& i dunno maybe laevatein or ylgr or something, keep it realm of the dead themed, see some loved ones). Also it does overlap with the mythic banner, possible avenue for something going on. It also really sticks out to me that this is a New Heroes banner but not one with a Forging Bond. That implies something unusual is happening, because if you're a set of general new heroes (including, notably, Brave Redux last year) you get the bonding since you're "normal".

Actually I'm going to go look up the mythic/legendary banners, maybe we can get some clues.

R_N

Alrighty here's the estimated timeline through February

NOVEMBER (Mythic):
  • Red: Sothis, Marth, ???
  • Blue: Julia, Tiki, Fjorm
  • Green: Lyn, ???, ???
  • Colorless: Duma, ???, ???
DECEMBER (Legendary):
  • Red: Ike, Roy, Hrid
  • Blue: Naga, ???, ???
  • Green: Thrasir, ???, ???
  • Colorless: Grima-F, Eir, ???
JANUARY (Mythic):
  • Red: Eliwood, ???, ???
  • Blue: Lucina, Ephraim, ???
  • Green: Hector, Yune, ???
  • Colorless: Leif
FEBRUARY (Legendary):
  • Red: Eirika, ???, ???
  • Blue: Azura, ???, ???
  • Green: Gunnthra, ???, ???
  • Colorless: Leif, ???, ???

Some notes:
-Gunnthra was meant to come back in December but got pushed to January on the Leif notices
-Sothis was meant to come back in October, for Leif's banner, but got pushed to November.
-Thrasir & Eir show up together in December (Legendary Heroes), while red is completely full (Ike, Roy, Hrid)
-We have no one on deck for March but Ryoma is coming in April.

Thrasir & Eir being saved for December does make me think the overlap being used for the tempest might be off base. But Fjorm could slot in, everyone gets a free Eir anyway, and Red could be Lif or green could be Hel. Maybe? I dunno, Legendary December having the 2 big Book 3 OCs instead of Mythic November really sticking to me here.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
A banner not being Farfetched doesn't mean it's gotta be Book 4.

The real reason people were upset over the Adrift Banner was because it was entirely Fates focused and there were no demotions. There wasn't really a vocal complaint with the Adrift theme itself. The theme - or something new - could find its way back this year too, and be situated this month or next.

You know people would be all in on an Adrift version of Genealogy Gen 1 characters.

R_N

A banner not being Farfetched doesn't mean it's gotta be Book 4.

The real reason people were upset over the Adrift Banner was because it was entirely Fates focused and there were no demotions. There wasn't really a vocal complaint with the Adrift theme itself. The theme - or something new - could find its way back this year too, and be situated this month or next.

You know people would be all in on an Adrift version of Genealogy Gen 1 characters.
the alts in question being Camilla #5 and Corrins #3 sure didn't help. Azura was also on her 4th or so alt but she was so staggeringly different I give her a pass.

R_N

You guys are talking about when the next Farfetched Heroes banner is when the real question should be where is Hall of Forms at on the calendar. A nigh-perfect mode and we have to probably wait another month to play it again. =(
lost lore is...cute, but really should not take an event slot all its own. It should overlap with everything like tap battle does and Hall of Forms should be in constant rotation

R_N

I see they finally got smart to us using the preview icons as a way to guess the next banners

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I hope Book IV can take the direction even better then what Book III did. Let the new hero appears more like Fjorm but has something interesting like Eir (and actually do stuff too). Finally, pace it well for 13 chapters well as best as one can! Book III started very well but then got such a rushed ending with the final fight against Hel being an afterthought although it was at least better than Book II.

Speaking of Hel, what realm could we possibly go next? They still have to do something with Thor.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I guess this means it's safe to assume the December banner is the start of Book 4, which means we can probably expect a FEH Channel at the end of the month. That only leaves the question of whether the next banner is Farfetched or they decide to give us a Book 3 OCs banner after all, though I do think the former is still more likely. There's still ways to fit the relevant Book 3 OCs elsewhere, Hel and Lif can be Mythic/Legendary and the latter can steal a Farfetched spot if they want him to. Henriette is still alive and can easily still be relevant to the story so she doesn't need to be added anyway, Gustav...could be a fit for Fallen Heroes 3 I suppose.

I do like that they had a lot more story spaced out throughout the parts of this last chapter so if they keep that up for Book 4 I think there's some potential. Even though it's taking an absurdly long time, they are still slowly improving at the story and dialogue aspect of this game. Forging Bonds is still continuing to be fantastic lately, for one.

R_N

I hope Book IV can take the direction even better then what Book III did. Let the new hero appears more like Fjorm but has something interesting like Eir (and actually do stuff too). Finally, pace it well for 13 chapters well as best as one can! Book III started very well but then got such a rushed ending with the final fight against Hel being an afterthought although it was at least better than Book II.

Speaking of Hel, what realm could we possibly go next? They still have to do something with Thor.
God yes the pacing is still a problem. Honestly the Lif adventure would have been perfectly fine if Lif was the main villain OR we had more time with Hel after. It's still better than Book 2's clownshoes pacing but that's a low bar to clear. Remember how they shared that concept art about storming the realm of the dead, the literal Hel, to combat Hel? And how we were only in Hel for like idk 4 chapters total including this last one? We were in Askr, both invaded & fallen, far longer. And most of being in Hel was that spooky forest.

And Eir kind of took a backseat during that time period too. I thought for sure she was the heart or weapon that came out of this but I guess not. Loki also seemed like she should have been more important considering the Xenlogue preceding this whole affair and how the book 3 intro shows that Loki (and knowing Loki, that might have been "our" Loki too) was with them in the alternate bad future. Also as interesting as that opening video and art piece was, and the equally interesting idea of it being the fallen timeline's events, I feel like it was writing checks on interesting events that the state of FEH cutscenes cannot cash.

Anyway my big suggestion is if you can't pace well enough for 13 chapters...have more than 13 chapters. If you don't want to bring the goofy paralogue alts into your serious trips to hel that's fine. How about 2 or 3-map mini chapters that go up at the same time? Dip into our extended existing cast for fodder and have some plot happen. How interesting would it have been if we had a few more chapters in the Hel kingdom before following Lif and we got to fight someone like Surtr or Gunnthra?
alternatively, just have book 3 end on Lif and book 4 is dealing with Hel proper. We're going to start book 4 within like 2 updates so....

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
God yes the pacing is still a problem. Honestly the Lif adventure would have been perfectly fine if Lif was the main villain OR we had more time with Hel after. It's still better than Book 2's clownshoes pacing but that's a low bar to clear. Remember how they shared that concept art about storming the realm of the dead, the literal Hel, to combat Hel? And how we were only in Hel for like idk 4 chapters total including this last one? We were in Askr, both invaded & fallen, far longer. And most of being in Hel was that spooky forest.

And Eir kind of took a backseat during that time period too. I thought for sure she was the heart or weapon that came out of this but I guess not. Loki also seemed like she should have been more important considering the Xenlogue preceding this whole affair and how the book 3 intro shows that Loki (and knowing Loki, that might have been "our" Loki too) was with them in the alternate bad future. Also as interesting as that opening video and art piece was, and the equally interesting idea of it being the fallen timeline's events, I feel like it was writing checks on interesting events that the state of FEH cutscenes cannot cash.

Anyway my big suggestion is if you can't pace well enough for 13 chapters...have more than 13 chapters. If you don't want to bring the goofy paralogue alts into your serious trips to hel that's fine. How about 2 or 3-map mini chapters that go up at the same time? Dip into our extended existing cast for fodder and have some plot happen. How interesting would it have been if we had a few more chapters in the Hel kingdom before following Lif and we got to fight someone like Surtr or Gunnthra?
alternatively, just have book 3 end on Lif and book 4 is dealing with Hel proper. We're going to start book 4 within like 2 updates so....

To add to this, also get rid of the whole 'here's the new hero popping in, battle them!' in-between chapters. They've done it since Book 1 and aside from that one paralogue with Nino's letter and Seth I don't think they've added anything of note to the story. If they're going to keep the books at 13 Chapters, then at least get rid of the fluff, that's time that could be spent more on developing the plot and characters.

R_N

Well that's a plesant surprise, they put up a cg version of the end of book 3

Though it's pretty different in spots. Sharena wasn't at Hel's blade and this seems to take place on a battlefield instead of a castle, for example. But, nice to see.