• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

R_N

what i wanted going into this banner: pirate tibarn

the slap in the face i got: bridal fjorm

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Tickets and a few extras got me Baby Caeda and Dorothea, so that works out

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Just needed Selena out of the group, so I just honed in on greens.

Naturally the first circle that showed with no greens on it gave me a +Atk Duo Byleth.

Did get Selena two circles later though, so those were about 30 orbs well used.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
My tickets gave nothing of value which is unfortunate, Impact fodder from either blue unit would've been nice but I can't complain since my spark on the Binding Blade banner gave me literally 3 Guinivere before sparking.

Ended up going for a second Wyvern Flight after sparking too and got it about 120 orbs later along with two Ilyana merges on the way there, pretty good luck sparking for me after the poor luck I had the first two times I sparked on a banner. Now I have Wyvern Flight Jill and Wyvern Flight Haar though so I'm mostly satisfied with builds on my core units now, can't see myself rolling for anything else for awhile unless it's another legend or more merges for Shinon and Gatrie (or Mist if she gets a good refine).

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The next banner could be the start Book 5, but it's possible it will be a Xenologue banner, like the Igrene banner. Though since one is happening early-December, and room needs to be made for the XMas banner, it's more likely to be the former.

Funny enough, this makes two Binding Blade regular banners where none of the characters say a word in their battle maps.

Radiant Dawn hasn't had a regular banner in a long time - it's actually gone the longest out of all the games - and the Peony banner did well enough that I'd think they'd do it again this year for Book 5. What are the odds the inaugural Book 5 banner can add the three Dawn Brigade boys all at once, while the (almost inevitably woman) Book 5 OC headlines it?

R_N

Only thing about there being a xenologue chapter instead ofa book 5 opening is...we lost a banner this year. Which means that the earliest book 5 could start would be mid january (since mid december will be christmas and early january will be new years).

Feels like a long time to miss out on something like this, especially since I imagine they like new books to push new OCs anda fresh coat of paint on the app to get hypotehtically get new people interested.

as for a radiant dawn banner. While true that it's the longest wait now, I feel like Sacred Stones is more eregious by this point. There's really not a lot of characters to pull on for them, their last banner had a duo unit that didnt go into the permanent pool...did you know that the ONLY healer in their pool is winter eirika? Crazy, right?
Also....kind of worth noting that RD has gotten 11 units this year already. I don't usually look at seasonals for this but it really stands out that they've gotten 9 seasonals this year. For contrast here are the total amoutn of units every other game has gotten (only counting the lead unit in duos):
Archanea Conglomerate: 15
SoV: 6 (Valentines & Mila)
FE4: 13
FE5: 0 lmao maybe we'll get a FE5 christmas?
FE6: 10
FE7: 7
FE8: 4 (F-Lyon and 3 of the summer banner if you were curious)
FE9: 7
FE13: 7
FE14: 11
FE16: 20 (they went pretty hard this year, still the newest popular game and all)
bonus round: TMS got 4, Heroes got 9

it's really striking because most of these numbers are after a dedicated banner and misc seasonals. RD has, with just Jorge and Fallen Ike sneaking in with normal banners, already exceeded all but Fates (Tied with; note that Fates also had a normal banner to reach this number!) Archanea (which was bolstered by the anniversary this year), FE4 and Three Houses (the reigning champ, presumably because it's the newest one)

FE8, meanwhile, is distinctly low. The only one lower is FE5 which well I guess they ould give another X & Others banner but I feel like FE8 should take priority because well lets face it FE5 isn't very popular on either side of the ocean (there's probably a reason its first banner had rein & olwen alts and then another banner was "Peony & Others"). And FE8 still needs like twice the number of units in the game (even counting seasonals!) than SoV does (a game whose cast is getting so low they had to import a catria alt to stay afloat).

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I think the weird thing about Tellius banners is that I feel they kind of arbitrarily decide on whether PoR and RD count as separate things or not. I'm not sure if the fact that a banner is PoR or RD really matters a whole lot for New Heroes considering that before Jill and the GM deserters, the previous PoR themed banner was literally three years before with Elincia. But obviously we had a fair share of Tellius banners (even if beast units way oversaturated those banners for a bit) so it's not like Tellius fans were ignored in that time.

Like, they've been especially aggressive with Tellius units filling banner slots this year on seasonals with new characters so I think they're pretty adamant about this being a way to address that gigantic cast, and it's not like they're all just random throwaway characters either. Dheginsea had a fair share in the spotlight for the Halloween Paralogue, the TT ending dialogue for the Ninja banner delved right into Zihark's past, and in general there's been a lot of Tellius grail units this year too. Ashnard, Summer Rhys, Jorge, Petrine, and Halloween Ena, that's one Tellius grail unit every month for the previous 3 months now.

I think how they label the game mostly comes down to which game the banner theme better represents (Micaiah is obviously RD, Greil Mercs + Jill suits PoR), though the Gallia banner is highly debatable on that front. That said, they do seem to like throwing Tellius banners at us in waves, Micaiah banner wasn't that long after Elincia, and the two beast banners were extremely close, so I can definitely see them still throwing a more RD themed banner in the next few months. Tellius still has so many characters that can sell banners that they realistically can't be holding them forever, but I don't think it'll be necessarily because the last RD specific banner was in early 2019.

Ultimately I feel like Sacred Stones or Echoes is more likely than Radiant Dawn, but I don't think it's impossible for this banner to be RD themed. If I were IS though I'd probably throw in an Echoes banner here since they're obviously going to throw in a new OC on a New Heroes banner to prop up a game that otherwise might struggle to sell. And really, unless they change the banner philosophy this is the best time to add Echoes characters at all. Tatiana, Zeke, Luthier as a drop, and an OC is what I'm predicting for the start of Book 5, personally. There's almost literally nobody left from that game so if not now then I can't see another Echoes banner happening for a long time barring seasonals.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I do wonder if Book V's banners will start to see the return of alts (Horse Chrom for example). Book III had none save for Catria (which I'm OK with since SoV does not have a huge cast) and they were completely absent in Book IV. Granted, I do think some games like the GBA games and Tellius will have banners again and without those type of alts but even then, I do feel as we'll see a few of those types of alts again this time.

R_N

I do wonder if Book V's banners will start to see the return of alts (Horse Chrom for example). Book III had none save for Catria (which I'm OK with since SoV does not have a huge cast) and they were completely absent in Book IV. Granted, I do think some games like the GBA games and Tellius will have banners again and without those type of alts but even then, I do feel as we'll see a few of those types of alts again this time.
At this point I think Alts will be saved for cases like SoV. The games have very few characters remaining, so to help keep them going a little longer they'll use alts. I fully expect to get Valentian Est & Catria down the line.

I also expect Awakening to start getting them. The mirabilis banner doesnt even count since we still had Emmeryn to round it out. But moving forward there are very few still there. I can easily see a "Future Past" Lucina or Tiki (though imo future past tiki is more Legendary tier) to help bolster it.

The shift away from alts otherwise seems very purposeful based on feedback, as was the firm return of 4-man banners

Now, beyond alts, one other thing I think we might see is the pivot to mixed game banners as a standard. This would be a great way to extend the life of some games while sneaking in more games per year into the permanent pool. Don't want to burn through awakening too much and also don't think FE5 can stand on its own? No problem, let's merge the two. Put say...Severa & Inigo on a banner with Dagdar & Marty. Or how about a Zeke/Tatiana/Nyna/Hardin banner? The forging bonds also get to play even more into the cross-game aspect that people have been really digging.

R_N

I'm not that surprised Niles got one. He's got fans and his stats are bad. Also his old art was more gray than brown, so that's a nice fix.

with an attack superboon he can reach the lofty heights of 31 attack unmerged or flowered! hot diggity!

KillerDraco

So this is interesting. The new Mythic Hero is... two Mythic heroes!

Guess they wanted the Book 4 OCs to be done.

R_N

This probably explains why the mythic banner is running extra long. They really are going in on black firday this year. Orb packs (even advertised on the switch news), tickets, double specials, long mythic banner with 2 mythics on it.

I kind of wonder if Freyjr will double up with someone, just so they can clear the runway on OCs a bit. It's been a long time since Mila at this point, I bet part of the reason to double up like this is a response to the OC influx.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
This banner caught me completely off guard, did not expect them to actively skip Brave Claude to put Shinon here. I was going to wait and see if next month finally gives Tellius their second legend since Ike but I'd already been considering Leif before this and Corrin is a good third so I can't not go in for this banner.

Oh, the Mythics, right. Triandra was expected and she seems about as expected too, a good Dark Mythic so nothing surprising there. Freyja being here too is a big surprise, though she looks significantly worse than literally every other Light Mythic so I'm more interested in the Pulse Smoke fodder potential there. She'd be broken if she was not a Mythic and could thus benefit from Mythic boosts, but in fairness it's hard to compete with the insane Light Mythics we already have.

Good banner though, looks like I'll finally be burning the rest of my orb stash for once and hope I get my last Shinon merges and a decent level merge on Leif and/or Corrin.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
The issue with Frejya is that she's a tank unit that can't benefit from the Mythic stat boosts that makes tanks good in AR. In contrast, Altina works because she's got a strong dual phase brave weapon and a lot of power boosting options and Twin Blades, so she isn't lacking in sweeping potential at high investment.

Freyja isn't bad at all for a secondary "plonk" and if she could get those boosts she'd be broken for sure. But an ideal mythic wants to provide support, and Frejya doesn't do that at all whereas all three other light mythics do. Even Eir who is mostly limited to Sparkling Boost chip heal also boosts Res, which is much more impactful than boosting Attack for a carry. She's not bad but she's definitely a step below the other light mythics we already have.