• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I appreciate that even with just one piece of art to go off of, it's that one art that is indeed the basis for Ullr.

She kept the giant earrings, her diadem, and her two stone necklaces. Rika's got a keen attention to detail.

And then she was just allowed to go wild with the lower body, since none of the Crusaders even have lower body art, and just gave her half a pants and cloths tied around the naked leg because why not.

R_N

I appreciate that even with just one piece of art to go off of, it's that one art that is indeed the basis for Ullr.

She kept the giant earrings, her diadem, and her two stone necklaces. Rika's got a keen attention to detail.

And then she was just allowed to go wild with the lower body, since none of the Crusaders even have lower body art, and just gave her half a pants and cloths tied around the naked leg because why not.
271px-FESK_Brigid_02.png

ur_the_bowmaster_slide01.png

Honestly it's probably meant to reflect outfits like Brigid's

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Looks like they tried to make a Sigurd and FEdelgard counter in one unit

R_N

I'll be honest I feel she'd be a better counter if she was a bulky enemy phase archer

The problem with Sigurd in light season is his movement, his special and Nott. A 2-move frail nuke infantry archer isn't really....

e: For more thoughts on this
IMO an offense mythic should provide some utility other than just Nuke Hard, and that's true for like...everyone else out of the box. Eir can fly for more positioning and provide passive healing (& as a dagger, apply debuffs); Peony dances (& flies!) and provides guidance/stats; Mila has isolation, an extra turn and provides stat buffs; Dagr has pathfinder. Freyja's probably the closest to Ullr, but she has cav movement and with her buff stealing & DR &DC i can probably rely on throwing her for eating a hit and she has pulse smoke innately to shut down stuff if you send her in for others to follow up.

But all Ulllr does is Nuke, and with the way she's built she's not really designed to take a hit. She's infantry so she doesnt have other movement considerations either for her own positioning or others; unless you give up time's pulse for tempest. Provides no buffs to anyone else.

She has the 6th slot but that's every mythic from here on out and Dagr provides pathfinder (& has even tempest)

Last edited:

R_N

You want a real L!Sigurd counter?

Introduce a freaking unit that cancels extra movement bonuses altogether.
yeah like isolation but for movement
If you're hit by whatever condition, these effects turn off:
-armor boots
-armor march
-armor stride
-Gray Waves's movement effect
-Holy-Knight Aura's innate +1 move
-Holy-Knight Aura's +1 if it goes off
-Even/Odd Tempest
-Beast flier, i guess
-Annette's weapon

If we really wanted to get nutty, have it also turn off Pathfinder, Canto & the various warping effects (WOM, Guidance, Aerobatics, etc) but they'd probably consider those a different type of thing and be in its own status.

RafaSceptile

Why'd you put a unit with piss poor defenses into that hell. She's not strong enough to survive the incoming onslaught.
The defense doesn't matter because the unit just oneshot LSigurd before he can attack with HKA. In fact, some of the best F2P units for this role are Tatiana and Ilyana, two units with piss poor defenses.

Anyways Micaiah is still the much superior version for that role

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I honestly had no expectations the crusaders would ever be viable additions to FEH because of all the effort involved for characters with extremely niche appeal, this is one thing I'm glad to be wrong about. Despite having one piece of art to reference and very clearly being designed with Brigid in mind, this is pretty much an "original" character design for non-FEH character and that's pretty cool. It means characters like Anri or Soan or the original Maltet Man have precedent, and really deepens the pool for Mythic candidates.

As a unit though, Ullr is very bizarre. It's like she thought she would be a legendary hero or defense mythic so she got all this fancy combat stuff but then she didn't get the memo that she was an offense mythic. Considering Light/Speed was previously Peony though it was always going to be hard to compete with that even with 7th slot as a factor, so I think it's ultimately fine for her to not be very relevant as an offense mythic.

Also loving the irony that we'll eventually get regular Yewfelle on regular Brigid and it will be even better than the fancy Holy Yewfelle.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
She does get deadeye which solves part of her offense problem. It’s inheritable already and would be the thing to give her if she didn’t have it, but it’s nice to come with

R_N

Anyway here's a small goofy aspect of this whole thing: she's blue

l5jfa0izypc71.png

This was made before she was revealed, obviously but look at the size of the blue backlog compared to the other colors. There's a reason that they had to dip into last year and grab Shamir for another rerun: they only had 3 greens and couldn't afford to use 2 slots in one month.

She does get deadeye which solves part of her offense problem. It’s inheritable already and would be the thing to give her if she didn’t have it, but it’s nice to come with
the problem (such as it is, she's still cool & nukes can always be useful in some capacity) is not her literal offense capabilities, it's her capabilities as an offense mythic. And in that respect I agree with @Psynergy
e: For more thoughts on this
IMO an offense mythic should provide some utility other than just Nuke Hard, and that's true for like...everyone else out of the box. Eir can fly for more positioning and provide passive healing (& as a dagger, apply debuffs); Peony dances (& flies!) and provides guidance/stats; Mila has isolation, an extra turn and provides stat buffs; Dagr has pathfinder. Freyja's probably the closest to Ullr, but she has cav movement and with her buff stealing & DR &DC i can probably rely on throwing her for eating a hit and she has pulse smoke innately to shut down stuff if you send her in for others to follow up.

But all Ulllr does is Nuke, and with the way she's built she's not really designed to take a hit. She's infantry so she doesnt have other movement considerations either for her own positioning or others; unless you give up time's pulse for tempest. Provides no buffs to anyone else.

She has the 6th slot but that's every mythic from here on out and Dagr provides pathfinder (& has even tempest)
see this.

At the very least she'll likely age way better than someone like Altina but ideally any given offense mythic should also be providing some other form of support even if it's something as basic as "she has cav movement, allowing for consistent movement possibilities"

RafaSceptile

Shamir for another rerun
She is not a rerun because she never was presente in a Legendary/Mythic/Remix Banner. She was elegible the whole time but people ignored here because she was in the Hero Fest...but Shinon was in both Mythic and Hero Fest.

Reactions: R_N

R_N

She is not a rerun because she never was presente in a Legendary/Mythic/Remix Banner. She was elegible the whole time but people ignored here because she was in the Hero Fest...but Shinon was in both Mythic and Hero Fest.
Huh, must have misremembered.
Makes it funnier that they suddenly went "OH, right, yeah, i guess we should run shamir, oops"

RafaSceptile

Huh, must have misremembered.
Makes it funnier that they suddenly went "OH, right, yeah, i guess we should run shamir, oops"
Even funnier that they decided to rerun Annette before...in both a Legendary and a Remix banner
Eir can fly for more positioning and provide passive healing (& as a dagger, apply debuffs)
Also the Eirforce strategy

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Anyway here's a small goofy aspect of this whole thing: she's blue

l5jfa0izypc71.png

This was made before she was revealed, obviously but look at the size of the blue backlog compared to the other colors. There's a reason that they had to dip into last year and grab Shamir for another rerun: they only had 3 greens and couldn't afford to use 2 slots in one month.

It's amazing how big the blue backlog has become all of a sudden, though I think Marianne and Farina having recent reruns probably lessens the need to run them on Legendary banners right now so I can see those two getting left behind.

We're definitely lacking in premium colorless units though, this whole year we've had 3 premium colorless units on New Heroes banners (Sara, Louise, Fallen Edelgard) and then Linhardt was a demote. We likely get our new legend on colorless next month (Micaiah???? Finally??????) so they might run Edelgard there but after that we have nothing for awhile and they're force to rerun some units. Time to toss us Wolf, Volke, or Rolf or something in the next couple banners because that pool needs some new stuff.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
yeah like isolation but for movement
If you're hit by whatever condition, these effects turn off:
-armor boots
-armor march
-armor stride
-Gray Waves's movement effect
-Holy-Knight Aura's innate +1 move
-Holy-Knight Aura's +1 if it goes off
-Even/Odd Tempest
-Beast flier, i guess
-Annette's weapon

If we really wanted to get nutty, have it also turn off Pathfinder, Canto & the various warping effects (WOM, Guidance, Aerobatics, etc) but they'd probably consider those a different type of thing and be in its own status.
That would be dandy but then again, stuff like Kia Staff unfortunately exist to cancel out Isolation. Now, I know it is not that common but they would need something to work around Kia Staff and other skills related so that it is guaranteed that L!Sigurd won't just be stupid to face alongside Pathfinder.

RafaSceptile

That would be dandy but then again, stuff like Kia Staff unfortunately exist to cancel out Isolation. Now, I know it is not that common but they would need something to work around Kia Staff and other skills related so that it is guaranteed that L!Sigurd won't just be stupid to face alongside Pathfinder.
OR exists and it is enough common in high VoH tiers.

R_N

Kia staff & Odd/Even Recovery exist, but they are not omnipresent (especialyl on sigurd/nott teams) and can be planned around. Isolation didn't suddenly become bad because those options exist, it's still very good and usable against many teams

There is never going to be a 100% perfect solution to anything unless it's so overwhelmingly powerful. But so long as the option exists, suddenly things become more possible to handle and open more retaliation strategies.

R_N

So the datamine had some stuff for some upcoming events tied to a summer celebration, and that seems to be the hero fest, which has some surprises in it
First off, Sothis isn't on it. So she'll actually be back on the Legendary banner this month.
Duo Ephraim isnt on it either. Wonder if they might just throw him into the permanent pool and be done with it.

The heroes are Guinivere, Dedue, Flayn and....Valentines Henriette!
Seems like they really want to push the saves & DR (& also guin's just a generally useful mage killer)