• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
August GHB please.

As in, the person August.

He's the highest ranking noncombatant unit in CYL after Gatekeeper as far as I can tell, and I want this to be a theme for CYL GHBs that Jorge started.

R_N

August GHB please.

As in, the person August.

He's the highest ranking noncombatant unit in CYL after Gatekeeper as far as I can tell, and I want this to be a theme for CYL GHBs that Jorge started.
Abysskeeper is higher by a significant margin (Rank 124 vs Rank 244)

R_N

Gatekeeper's attack animation has pre-timeskip Sylvain, Lorenz & Cyril as well as Rhea and Alois (in the japanese version)

Gee I wonder whomst will be on the next 3H banner....

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Gatekeeper's attack animation has pre-timeskip Sylvain, Lorenz & Cyril as well as Rhea and Alois (in the japanese version)

Gee I wonder whomst will be on the next 3H banner....
Can't wait for Lorenz to be both a TT and GHB unit.

They didn't even include Ignatz in GK's charging animation.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Gatekeeper is the one with the most unique gimmick that can’t really be replicated, but Eirika is probably the best plug in and play unit.

R_N

It's interesting how Marth & Erika have prf skills. CYLs1-4 only gave PRF skills to the top winners
Maybe they wanted all 4 units to be more alluring to pull?
I kind of wonder if the old braves might get "remixed" at some point. Updating the winner's PRF skills while giving the runner ups new ones.

pelleas_ashnards_orphan.png

Seems like Pelleas has opted not for "gimmicky red tome" and instead on "generic red tome". Seems to be a new one, i guess.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Comedy option is they had Marth set to go right away but it took him 3 more years to win than expected.

R_N

Oh it's a lion. So that's probably a generic version of the Halloween 2019 weapons, whose gimmick was fury. Not a bad weapon to be made generic, especially since red tomes didn't have it to begin with.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Man I still can't believe they unironically gave us another free Tellius unit for CYL, this is now the 4th time they've done it. Pelleas having a generic tome is pretty disappointing after the high expectations that Jorge set for me, but maybe he actually has a decent stat spread and actually can reach 175 bin if we're lucky. I guess I did need someone to fill the empty 4th slot on my Arena cores that BK left from moving to Micaiah's Near Save support slot so this will do.

I'm glad they dropped Pelleas here regardless though because now the next Tellius banner is more likely to be characters I actually want instead of the desired Tellius units being mixed between wanting an RD focused banner and wanting a PoR focused one.

As for actual CYL, they all seem like solid units but Marianne seems more gimmicky than actually good which seems a bit disappointing for Marianne fans, they even gave the prf B slot to Eirika instead! Eirika and Gatekeeper seem like the winners here, Marth is also very good but strong infantry sword has never been new so whatever. Regardless this banner has Atk/Spd Unity so my Ike and Shinon will no longer fear Bright Shrines or Atk/Spd Menace ever again.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
You can’t really go wrong with 171 BST now. Even if you split the stats completely evenly it becomes 34 across the board, 35 with flowers. If one of Pelleas’s stats becomes the dump stat, then everything else will shoot up into near the 40s, which is great and makes any weapon go well with him. Obviously though, Unity Blooms would be the way to go, it’s just that great. I’ve had a spare Henriette for precisely the moment an RD red mage dropped in, and lo and behold. Instant inherit for me.

I’m fine with CYL GHBs basically being the Tellius zone. The cast still has quite a ways to go, and unlike the likes of Thracia and Shadow Dragon each of the characters has personality that would necessitate not really leaving any character out in the end. Getting Pelleas in now means one extra spot in the eventual Dawn Brigade banner that he doesn’t take up, which is great,

R_N

so glancing through the video again

Lorenz: Red Tome Infantry
Sylvain: Lance Cavalry
Cyril: Bow Infantry (can't determine color, obviously)
Alois: Axe. Probably infantry but we can't rule out armor
Rhea: Seemingly not holding a weapon at all. The other 4 are holding weak generic weapons (iron bow, iron axe, etc), so we can limit this down to 2 options
1. She's a Colorless Tome user whose PRF uses a special tome-less animation/attack. There are a handful of tomes who don't use books, such as Brave Micaiah or Ashera, for their PRFs. However, Ashera is notable because she doesn't use a book *at all* regardless of weapon, where as someone like Micaiah will hold the appropriate book. If you're curious Xane, who uses a "book" for his PRF, will hold the appropriate colorless tomes.
2. She's a dragon. There's a bunch of dragons who just never hold a dragon stone, including Seiros.

I think Dragon is more likely, just because of her whole....thing. And other Fodlan magic users in FEH use books.

R_N

Oh, interesting, the tips & trick video showed another set of units

1629159107338.png

Manuela (staff), Hanneman (Green tome infantry), Aelfric (Red tome infantry (rip)).

At this point I'm willing to believe they just went ahead and made the rest of the 3H cast

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Well, it's not a Fury tome. Pelleas has an inheritable red tome with built-in Hone Atk 3.5 and Atk/Res combat buffs against high health enemies. Coulda been worse, but Unity Blooms is the way to go for him.

And you can go and speed refine it because Pelleas finally breaks the curse of GHB red mages by having a solid 36 Speed to go along with his excellent 40 Attack, with a superboon for good measure. He ranks in the top 5 for strongest red mages, but he has much more Speed than any of those stronger than him so he's getting those doubles. Pelleas basically BST crept Miranda and Knoll out of play, and now Erk only has his higher speed going for him. Very solid unit.

R_N

VOFVt2g.png

aw, no extra cameos.

I guess they really wanted the knights/church of seiros above all, though it makes Lorenz, Sylvain & Petra stand out (Mercedes I think was already part of the church). Also no Gilbert or Jeritza.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
On a slight tangent, but you know that Homer Simpson in a bar meme? That's how I feel when I see this thread getting frequent posts.

There may be a chance I come back to it, but hopefully, there aren't too many gatekeepers to the mobile game.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Ended up doing one spark, got a lot of luck towards the end of it and got a Perceval, Nifl, Gatekeeper, Mamori, and Say'ri so that's some nice fodder to hold onto. Took Marianne on spark and my free pick so I got my two Atk/Spd Unity fodders so I'm satisfied. Marth would have been nice to have but I'll pass on him since there's no way I'll actively merge him.

Now I wait for the legendary banner especially now that it's been soft-confirmed to be Micaiah. Weird that this would be in the datamine but it's classed as a colorless tome, has the Daein crest, and matches Light Sage Micaiah perfectly. Add Ashera being rerun here and it's pretty obvious who we're getting this month.

1629193387452.png