• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Zora

perpetually tired
yeah, I feel like october and march are basically designated "3H go here" months. I feel like we'll do Ashen Wolves soon, and have them be the turning point from academy to war phase alts.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'm very surprised IS thinks Three Houses can't carry on its own with the Ashen Wolves that Muspell had to be added. Even if Balthus was in this regular banner it'd still sell well.

Really makes one think what they are going to do when we get to Awakening, Radiant Dawn, and Binding Blade again. (The last I can see being the start of Book VI with the new main character)

R_N

I'm very surprised IS thinks Three Houses can't carry on its own with the Ashen Wolves that Muspell had to be added. Even if Balthus was in this regular banner it'd still sell well.

Really makes one think what they are going to do when we get to Awakening, Radiant Dawn, and Binding Blade again. (The last I can see being the start of Book VI with the new main character)
I genuinely do not think this was a case where it was "they couldn't carry on its own" as much as "we happened to have these two things coincide and do not care"

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah I guess this new trend isn't a way for them to prop up banners that couldn't sell otherwise, if they did it on a banner with some of the most requested units in the game then they clearly are just doing it because they want to sell some new OCs. Interestingly, this leaves the most requested characters next on the list to be mostly TMS so maybe it's time for TMS to get its second and final non-seasonal banner?

As for the banner itself, Yuri looks pretty broken uh, basically a dagger cav but without cav effectiveness as a downside? Also our first dagger unit the entire year, our last one was Merlinus in November. Balthus is also a pretty cool demote choice because it means we already have an accessible 185 bin infantry unit and we get a copy of him for free, so that's one less copy to worry about for those looking for a new project. Early in the new BST gen too so plenty of opportunities to roll him and get copies of him throughout the year.

R_N

alphard_custodian_monk.png

Aelfric has rauorrabbit

At this point I expected a generic tome for him, but I was hoping it'd at least be a new one.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
A pretty tame Mythic banner overall, but that's not so bad every once in awhile. I think Celica really brings down the green pool's quality but otherwise Otr himself is fine and Byleth is fantastic too. I wondered how they'd make up for the fact that his weapon was kinda just bad but I forgot giving him a new modified weapon was something they've done before. Definitely not going to be rolling for any Claude merges this time around though since I've long +10ed both of the other two units there, but he's a very low priority summoning target for me anyway.

I was hoping for a new Anima mythic to get my 7th slot and got exactly that, but I think in the end I'll probably pass since Celica is a bit of a dud pull for me. I'll just wait until a rerun for my 7th slot mythic though and just stick to the free circle this time, not like I'm struggling on Astra season with 15 total merges on offense.

R_N

Intern kun really screwed the pooch this time. The english twitter accidentally tweeted out the contents of the next banner
Sothis (Duo), Rhea, Grima-M, Kurthnaga (was listed third, so likely the demote)

Unknown who the TT is

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Julius got Dragon Wall, and then he got Atk/Res -6 on enemies if they're not dragonbusters, and then he got Sabo Atk/Res, and then he got Atk/Res -5 on enemies for the hell of it.

Kids gonna learn about the great FE4 Loptyr wall now.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Would have liked to free pull Kurth for his weapon but no reds on my free circle, got a Quan instead though which is still nice.

Also uh, I know the TT skills for the previous bosses weren't necessarily indicative of the actual unit kit but Super Fjorm having Darting Stance 3 and Chill Def is uhh, not doing a good job of selling this unit. Will be interesting to see what her actual kit ends up being because right now she's not looking to impress despite the insanely broken weapon.

R_N

Since the pain that was dealing with Picnic Flora, all TT+ bosses have gotten degrades to their kits, so yeah.

Imagine the nightmare dealing with NY!Plumeria with just Dance allowed.
It's a case by case basis, most actually don't get changed at all.

Just going from last year's halloween to now:
halloween grima: unchanged
ninja lyn: unchanged
winter sephiran: unchanged (they didn't even give him a b skill??)
new years plumeria: got rid of only dance
plegia tharja: base kit + a b skill, with Chill Res (sephiran left in tears)
Kralphonse: Alfonse's base kit, but with Guard. DB3 & Spur Attack were not upgraded to tier 4 or anything
spring myrrh: lost distant counter, kept everything else
kid erika: lost distant foil, kept everything else
wedding catria: unchanged
summer hilda: she got a balm added to her kit
pirate surtr: lost his menace prf skill.

So generally they look at if it becomes a problem and go from there.

Nifl & Muspell I left out because they're a little special, but let's take a quick look at them because Fjorm is most comparable to the two of them (a new unit previewed in a tempest for release later with "proper" skills)
Tempest Nifl: No assist. Draconic Aura. Swift Sparrow 2. Lull Attack/Speed. Joint Drive Res
Release Nifl: Rally Def/Res+. No Special. AR-D Attack/Speed 4 (new). Lull Attack/Speed. PRF skill.

Obviously the AR-D skill wouldn't be here, it'd be worthless, so Swift Sparrow is basically a placeholder to sort of emulate it (though a Push skill likely would've worked better). Her PRF skill, like all OCs, wanted to be kept until playable so she got one that referenced it.
No real logic to going from no assist/DA to double rally/no special.

Tempest Muspell: No assist. Ignis. Bracing Blow 2. Dragon Wall. Joint Drive Def.
Release Muspell: Rally Up +. No Special. AR-D Def/Res. Dragon Wall. PRF Skill

Similar logic, though the joint drive doesn't work as thematically.

I presume one of Dating Stance or the Chill will get replaced with a new skill (either a prf or a new tier 4 skill that's not in the game) but it's still not....good.....

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
NCD built into the weapon of an armor unit focusing on speed and Res, it's clear she'll come into the pool carrying a Far Save, the first main pool unit to do so.

Dunno about a PRF skill to replace the A or B slot though, since Fjorm already has a PRF skill: Ice Mirror. Maybe she'll get an alternative to Ice Mirror II?

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
150 orbs gave me nothing, but some missing story orbs got me another circle with both Duo Catria and Myrrh, so that ended up being nice

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

And it's the Wolfguard + Malice! With Sedgar as the GHB and Vyland who looks like the free unit we get. Also Ascended Fjorm where if you summon for her, you get another currency that gives a superboon. I really don't like how they handled that currency.

Edit: Actually, seeing as it is only being given once you get one A!Fjorm, that actually isn't toooo bad.

Last edited:

R_N

It honestly baffles me that the new currency is only given once per unit.

Like it's good, since if you're going to do this I'd like it to not be pure unadulterated whale bait, but it's just...weird? Like this is PRIMO whale food, come here and start summoning all the ascendent heroes you can forever, gotta give them to everyone on your AR teams, everyone on your Arena, everyone forever give us that fat stacks of cash.