• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Not Rebecca time. Was hoping she'd be the Tempest unit.

Desperation seal on deck now, but honestly with how many NFU and FUD effects rolling around nowadays, it's not the biggest thing. It's gonna need some extra investment to sustain it, and there's no getting around the HP requirement to begin with.

It's not to the level of a Vantage seal where skills would need to start having Hardy Bearing built into them to prevent a no-win scenario.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Crazy that they made it a 3H banner of all things, seems pretty tame all things considered but that's 3 characters out of seasonal/alt only jail I suppose, depending on how you class Rhea here. That'll probably take Felix out of the running for future CYL though I'm sure Felix fans are happy he got out of the Santa suit.

Also good to see Godlike Reflexes in the regular pool, we've been getting a lot of new specials that are only on seasonal units so it's good to see them expanding things a bit.

R_N

At this point I feel like they decided to just do a "safe" pre-release Engage banner and purposely waiting like 6 months before releasing another one purely to see how the popularity shakes out

But I would really like Male Alear

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
At this point I feel like they decided to just do a "safe" pre-release Engage banner and purposely waiting like 6 months before releasing another one purely to see how the popularity shakes out

But I would really like Male Alear

I think we need to come to terms that MAlear does not exist.

I feel this is my bigger problem with the situation. I can understand trying to hold off to see who's popular for the most successful banners, but why hold off on your main protagonist? The only game where they held off for a while was Echoes with Celica and in that case they were planning around the gap between Japan and international releases and she only waited two months at best. Similarly, the two avatars debut within a month of each other as the previous longest gap was FRobin with her GHB, and that released the same month as FEH's debut and MRobin's release. MAlear is beating both and he's looking to wait at least five months as he missed the first three and he's missing next month due to the Fallen* banner. So at best he shows up in June and that's the midpoint banner, which would be a weird choice to use on a new game instead of one with a less popular remaining cast. Additionally, main protagonists tend to be popular in FE as the only one that you could argue isn't very popular is MCorrin and that's relatively to other protagonists. There's no reason to assume MAlear would be unpopular and he would fit as a safe choice on the first banner or as a freebie like MByleth. In the end, no matter how you look at it it's pretty baffling he's waiting this long.

They could do past Alear, but that would be an odd choice for a debut of a main protagonist even if it's a notable plot point for the character.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
That largely depends on what builds you're doing. Qiang is the go-to lance for Galeforce strats since, even if the GFU is getting denied, the enemy has to be packing Guard/Tempo to prevent Galeforce from going off. ALuin does not have a GFU, so that strat will fail against equally fast units whom makes NFU a non-issue.

Use Qiang for the middling and low speed users, Luin for the fast units.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
"Hey ROBIn, do you KNOW whAT else the FIRe EMblem is GOOd fOr?"

(Note: This banner has Three Hopes spoilers)

Rearmed Chrom is sharing colors with Fallen F!Byleth.

And Fallen Maria is busted.

Fallen Linus is the GHB unit.

By the way, Chrom now has 8 alts, which makes him the male Lyn of alts.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I will make Robin's 35 speed work, dammit.

46 Atk is incredible though, no mistake. Every red mage is lucky he's on a horse, otherwise he'd be the best Eclipse special looper by a good margin.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Awakening fans have really been eating good the past year or so, at this point I only hope that Brave Robin doesn't make me hate fighting him as much as I hate fighting Brave Seliph. Or Legendary Robin for that matter.

Anyway I am glad Rein Snap is only for Melee fliers because I did not want to have to deal with 3 Move Duo Laegjarns or Legendary Claudes or whatever. I guess Guidance 4 is bad enough though.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
And Hinoka gets to shine.

...It's like a lot of her family members gave her their stuff.

Well, Wings of Mercy 4 isn't seasonal-locked like Berny's Escape Route 4, but just monthly-locked.

Red: L!Hinoka, L!Nanna, and R!Ophelia
Blue: L!Caeda, L!Myrrh, and R!Alfred
Green: L!M!Robin, Dagr, and Seior
Colorless: L!F!Corrin, L!Micaiah, and A!Elincia

Banner is kind of stacked with two rearmed options.

R_N

Definitely seems to be Conquest Hinoka aka "the one where she became queen because bother her brothers died"

got a killer weapon out of it

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Should certainly get a FEH Channel within the next few days in preparation for Midpoint. I'm expecting Seidr's sister as the OC on banner here, but I think this will also be when the next batch of Engage characters finally drops in.

With an OC taking a slot and so an insta-demote being worked into it, would be a good time to get the three Stewards in here. Vander's an easy insta-demote and Clanne a regular demote. Framme can take the premium spot with all the healer goods.

For the last slot.....Rearmed Yunaka. Character not really affiliated with a country so she can chill with the Lythos crew instead, super popular, and an easy way to bring in the first Arcane Dagger to play with.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I mean in the sense that Yunaka exists outside of the retainer structure that 90% of the Engage cast fits into. Yunaka, Seadall, Jean, and Anna are the only ones that don’t have a connection with their country’s royalty, and Yunaka is far and away more popular then them.