• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm honestly loving this mode, the warping stuff may be annoying but I think it's great otherwise. I've been running Infernal basically every time since at minimum I get more points there than I would from clearing Lunatic, and at best I get more. This is basically what I wanted out of Rival Domains, enemies that aren't just randomized filler units and actually varied map design. The rewards are just a bonus, it's basically like Voting Gauntlet except much more content and your choices actually have a visible impact.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm honestly loving this mode, the warping stuff may be annoying but I think it's great otherwise. I've been running Infernal basically every time since at minimum I get more points there than I would from clearing Lunatic, and at best I get more. This is basically what I wanted out of Rival Domains, enemies that aren't just randomized filler units and actually varied map design. The rewards are just a bonus, it's basically like Voting Gauntlet except much more content and your choices actually have a visible impact.

...Don't you actually have 5*+10 units, though.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
The highest merged 5* units I have are a Soren at +6 and a soon to be +7 Caeda, though I do have a few friends with 5* +10 units(namely Fir, M Robin, Selena, Reinhardt). That's not as important as the fact that they're merged with good skill sets and usually have enemy phase potential though. The most useful ones are definitely the ones who can actually handle enemies on enemy phase as opposed to player-phase nukes with weak enemy phase like Reinhardt or Firesweep users.

I should note that I don't actually consistently clear Infernal, but I do get about 1000 points even if I don't clear it. Most rounds end up with just a focus on taking at least one camp and maintaining that for the entire time, though it depends greatly on the map. Some maps are just inherently easier to take down, but that's less important than the fact that you're getting points for your GC tier and that area. At the end of the day it's a new engaging way to get rewards and I'm on board with it, and with future Grand Conquests chances are they'll try to address the awkward quirks.

Theo-92

Enjoying Grand Conquest at the moment. It's something the game needed to keep me interested between Tempest Trials. Have access to some interesting units from the Friend List, with my favorite being a +10 Priscilla with a Savage Blow build which puts in a lot of work. Their's also a +10 Spring Catria which changes builds quite often, the benefits of being a whale I suppose. I am finding it hard to make teams though but I think that's due to having a large pool of units to choose from.

Been too many good banners for me recently that I just cannot hold onto orbs. Been rolling greens on the Tiki & Nowi's Battle battle as I want some merges on my Fallen M!Robin (+Atk/-Res) and so far I have gotten 2 and a third B!ke using around 40/50 orbs.

Anyone want to trade Friend ID codes with me?

Last edited:

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
yeah i'm constantly at 0 orbs right now, hares + cooldown + bhb banners have done a number on me. still don't have any unit from any of them though ahahaha end me

can't say i really love grand conquest though. just a really busy mode, and a lot of the maps aren't enjoyable? that's probably just me though.
also i forgot how much i hated valter's ghb map, i can't get any of the blessed clear orbs rip

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Are there multipliers to raise the GC rank? I'm currently at rank 9, but it takes a while to reach 20. Also, apparently, this battle ends today or something? Does that means the GC rank will get used up and reset for tomorrow?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Are there multipliers to raise the GC rank? I'm currently at rank 9, but it takes a while to reach 20. Also, apparently, this battle ends today or something? Does that means the GC rank will get used up and reset for tomorrow?
You can increase how much points you earn by using up the amount of stamina via increasing the "Boost" on the top. As for the reset, I'm not sure.

R_N

I'm at level 15 and I'm genuinely unsure how one is supposed to reach level 20 if it resets after "battle 1" is over

Rakurai

GC is...something.

They seriously need to add in either a comeback mechanic for the faction with the least areas or make attacking the winning faction more rewarding somehow, because currently, it seems like everyone tends to pile on whichever faction has the fewest areas controlled.

The layout of the areas is also fundamentally flawed due to it giving the blue team easy access to the high number of intersections, which makes it easier for them to secure a large portion of the map.

R_N

GC is...something.

They seriously need to add in either a comeback mechanic for the faction with the least areas or make attacking the winning faction more rewarding somehow, because currently, it seems like everyone tends to pile on whichever faction has the fewest areas controlled.

The layout of the areas is also fundamentally flawed due to it giving the blue team easy access to the high number of intersections, which makes it easier for them to secure a large portion of the map.
i dont know, my outrealm has been pretty neck & neck. sometimes blue takes the lead, sometiems anna, sometimes alfonse. I saw Alfonse get down to about 3 areas last night but now it's transitioned to 8/12/10

There is, kind of, a comeback mechanic. The way the level-based score boost works, the more tightly controlled your area, the bigger the boost. Inevitably, when you're getting down to the wire, everyone is probably busy defending them while your larger controlling factions spread their bonuses around. I suspect that's the idea, anyway. It obviously seems a bit iffy in practice.

I think it's pretty interesting, after getting in the groove of it and seeing you can still score well in the Hard version. I just think they need to rework the stamina a bit and please put in some slowdown function for reinforcements in the actual battles. It's very hard to make any progress towards the end unless you can reliably kill enough people AND ALSO have enough people on hand who can clog up slots.

I also think there seems like there should be some like...something you can do, against the HQ? You explicitly cannot battle on them, it feels like there's supposed to be a capture mechanic if you can dig down to it. Probably for the best that there isn't? idk

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Every team needs to have at least 1 area so they can get the Feathers and Coin rewards at the end. Take out their HQ at the final moment, then they get nothing for fighting for 44 hours.

Tiers transfer from one round to the next, so there's no additional means to grab Conquest Lances once you go through all 20 Tiers. And if you used them all up in the first round, you're out of luck.

Theo-92

I think adding a way to talk to teamates would be good. That way you can form a plan instead of having to guess were is best to attack/defend. Even something like showing who is currently battling were so you can attack somewhere else would help.

Rakurai

The number one thing that annoys me about conquests is the reinforcements occurring every turn.

Making it every other turn or at least making it so units who kill themselves during the enemy phase aren't immediately replaced would make it so you can consistently make a push towards the base, because if you're unlucky and end up with several bulky defense-phase units that you can't one shot, you'll be forced to turtle and remove them before you can progress, which doesn't work out so well because of the turn limit.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
There is literally no point to even play this mode until the last few rounds if you went through all the tiers. You can’t ever lose your hq, and you’d have to defend the territories conquered, so why do something over 16 hours what you can do in 6?

The team I’m on this round has only two territories and has only ever had three max. Seems they have the same, right, idea.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I kind of wish the rewards for the upper tiers were better at least. Your first reward is three orbs which is better than the same one orb + lance that you won't see in your inventory every other tier. That and I wish they would give Refining Stones in addition to the feathers, medals, and coins you get after each battle.

Of course IS does want feedback on how to improve GC altogether so hopefully the next one is a major improvement over this current GC.