• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

R_N

Say you have someone support with him for maximum output.

But then you feel the need to do it with someone else who can also fulfill other stuff but you would need to cancel out whatever progress you had with the first one.

So whatever progress you did with the first ally will get lost. It will be worse if the second ally was already supported.
I'm still not seeing the issue here?

R_N

What's Julius' tome? I've seen the effect floating around but the only name I saw was "Wither Naga" which seems....weird, to put it nicely.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
What's Julius' tome? I've seen the effect floating around but the only name I saw was "Wither Naga" which seems....weird, to put it nicely.

Loptous is a red tome that grants +3 Res when equipped, along with the "weak to anti dragon weapons" tag as a reference to Loptous being a dragon and weak to Naga in FE4. Against enemies that don't use an anti dragon weapon, they suffer -6 Atk during combat.

R_N

Loptous is a red tome that grants +3 Res when equipped, along with the "weak to anti dragon weapons" tag as a reference to Loptous being a dragon and weak to Naga in FE4. Against enemies that don't use an anti dragon weapon, they suffer -6 Atk during combat.
Loptous, not Loptyr? Weird.

Though, actually, has "Loptyr" ever been used in english speaking games. Apparently Loptous was used as the romanization on the old japanese fire emblem museum site and taking a quick look at awakening dlc and feh's dialog I dont see the name referenced anywhere.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Ew, Loptous.

Nice that they replicated Naga's ability to ignore the stat reduction, but I'm not sure if the Dragon effectiveness really reflects its relationship with the tome. Loptous is supposed to be effectively hard countered by Naga, but due to Julius' bulk and having triangle advantage it probably trumps the effectiveness boost Naga would get. I guess they did put themselves into a corner since Naga isn't Blue like other Light Magic, but it's kind of disappointing that Naga is lacking in one of its defining traits.

Kuvario

Loptous, not Loptyr? Weird.

Though, actually, has "Loptyr" ever been used in english speaking games. Apparently Loptous was used as the romanization on the old japanese fire emblem museum site and taking a quick look at awakening dlc and feh's dialog I dont see the name referenced anywhere.

"Loptyr" was used in Awakening by Julius on the world map when talking to him after being summoned by Spotpass. The exact line being "All Lopytr's power is mine!"

R_N

"Loptyr" was used in Awakening by Julius in either Spotpass or DLC dialogue. The exact line being "All Lopytr's power is mine!"
huh!
though i think they've wound up changing a fair few names from the awakening translation, guess this one was just another for the block when they came back round to it.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Quick Riposte Divine Naga Julia probably beats Julius comfortably on enemy phase, only way Julius is beating that matchup is if he has Green Tomebreaker but given he's locked to +2 merges for now and has a pretty underwhelming stat spread, he's not going to be super relevant anyway.

The refines are pretty neat overall though, Clair is inferior to Caeda due to color but she's still pretty good, Corrin's support buff is limiting and doesn't really improve him much but incredibly strong for the supported ally in question, Camilla's gives her a big boost on a hybrid squad while fixing her weak offensive statline. I don't think I'll be touching any of these refines though I'm fairly satisfied with this round of refines.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Because of Loptous, Julius can set himself up to where he inflicts effectively -29 Attack on virtually every ranged unit that's not Julia and Deirdre with a combination of his tome, two DD skills, Atk Ploy, and Def/Res Tactic support. That's basically 45 Def and 67 Res. That's incredible.

The catch is that it removes Quick Riposte out of the equation, since he wants to keep using Guard to block the ranged fighters' specials. Gotta play the long game with him.

I was expecting an indirect nod to Loptyr's canon effects, like how Valflame gives Arvis two Ploys to imitate his +10 Atk and Res buff in 4. But this accuracy is magnificent.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Oh nice Julius gets Att Ploy 3 at four stars (and Guard 3 at five). Can't wait to dump one of them onto my H!Jakob and all he will need is QR3 to finish his build. Thanks to the free Takumi, I foddered off my other five star one (he's -Att so no lose) onto H!Jakob so with Julius, he will be finished a lot faster.

Still, I'll promote the guy to five stars too. His tome animation and English voice is perfectly fitting for his character.

R_N

I'm glad it's attack ploy 3 and not guard, but it's still pretty funny that Guard still doesnt have its skill line at 4* on anyone.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
DOubt I will summon much on this banner either; never played genealogy so I hence don't have any attachment to these characters, and nor do they appear to be game breaking or anything.

Happy with the death of enemy phase music, and Clair's upgrade seems fine for me! May as well work on getting her that weapon and other skills for my 5*+1 Clair.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'm not even sure which promo pack is worse: This one or April's.

Anyways my free summon was a three star Cordelia followed by Horse Chrom who got in the way. He's my first one so it's not bad. +Att, -Spd though...

After one other session, the next one gave me Ares! ...who has my favorite IVs of +HP, -Att. I may try again for Ishtar but I'll wait until the calendar comes out before deciding on whether to summon again on this banner.

Lastly Shigure got the demotion with Ward Fliers at four stars!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Lady Luck decided to give me a free 5* Lene in a session with 3 red orbs and 2 blue orbs.

However, she's easily the only dancer who can get screwed real bad with IVs. She's got two superboons (HP and DEF) and TWO superbanes (ATK and RES) so my free one turned out to have been cursed with my Inigo since they both have ATK- and SPD+ (creepier still is how both run Gale Dance or some form of it...)

Not exactly the way I wanted another dancer, but, screw it. She's got Sword Valor. That's going to help like over 70% of my units.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Honestly the last monthly pack wasn't even bad, feathers are arguably the most valuable resource in the game so getting 6000 of them alongside slightly discounted orbs sounds good to me. Sacred Coins on the other hand, I'm at a point where I only upgrade seals because I might want them rather than because I need them. Even though you can't grind coins, feathers are just a much better deal.

Got a free M Robin with my roll though so it'll probably be awhile before free roll blues give me anything of use, won't be touching this banner though so my orbs will sit here for awhile. Hopefully we get a calendar soon because if we get a seasonal banner after this it might be a long while before my orbs go anywhere, unless there's any skills that interest me.

R_N

~52 orbs and was pity broken by...zelgius, +def/-speed
Alright, sure. Didnt have him already, can never have enough armors, pretty solid nature.

I'll still keep fishing for someone on the banner. stop giving me firs, though.

Also in case people missed it, Shigure did drop to 4*. always count on intsys to never drop a green.

e: Haha there we go, next pull as it. Ares. Pretty rough nature, though. -speed/+res. ouch right in the superbane. I might actually try pulling for another one, but i'm not sure. Think I'll just save up orbs for a bit for now

Last edited:

R_N

60 sacred coins is at least maybe a little worth it, especially if you missed the original runs and need to forge them? It's like 3 weeks of high level arena play

Kuvario

Spent like 70+ orbs on the banner, got some neat stuff like a +Atk Caeda that isn't -Spd for once, a 4* Hinata, a 4* +Atk -Def Shigure, three 4* Tailtius. Got Ares but he's unfortunately +Res -Atk, which was pretty expected in hindsight. This doesn't sting too badly I guess since arena bonus stats and cavalry buffs will salvage him. I still want Lene and Ishtar though.

Currently have 13 orbs on hand and 114 with the owl, I'm just going to save for a bit for now. The monthly events calendar for May should be coming tonight as well.