1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Heroes: This isn't even my final Fjorm

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by bobjr, Feb 5, 2017.

1. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

I decided to go for another Ares OR until I got another on-banner 5*. FIgured it'd probably take a awhile and hey I STILL need more selenas.

approximately 4 pulls & 18 orbs later I got Lene. -def/+speed is...pretty solid actually so...guess I'l live with my not-ideal ares. I don't feel like sniping for Ishtars.

Actually, I decided to compare him with the Xander I always use
    Xander: 44 32 24 37 17
    My Ares: 40 36 26 36 18
    the super bane sucks but he's surprisingly comparable. I should just count my blessings it was a defense boon and not resistence

GUESS WHO MIXED UP HIS ARES WITH HIS ZELGIUS
    -speed +res
    33 defense, 21 res
    played myself like a fool

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  2. Cleared the Julius GHB on all difficulties, my Infernal team was Camus, Jeorge, ATiki and PAzura. Initially had difficulties with the map on Infernal, but figured out the trick behind reinforcements. They will not trigger until you enter enemy range. So you can simply do nothing on Turn 1, and have the enemies come to you. Half the starting army can be eliminated pretty quickly too. I believe that the rest of the reinforcements are location based as well. Not to mention, half the map exists as free space.

Overall, not that hard but I wouldn't quite call it a complete pushover unless you have some amazing Res tank that shreds through the reinforcement Mages.

I tried pulling for Ishtar again the other day, and offbannered a +Atk -Spd Hinoka. Will keep this one for use, seeing as it works perfectly for a Brave Lance build. Not quite sure to do with my existing fake neutral one, seeing as my only candidates for Hone Fliers have either yet to be built (Michalis) or need a rare skill (Myrrh).

I also finished building my Ares over the weekend for the next arena season. Despite being -Atk, he still has strong offenses, especially with Bonfire constantly activating. Training him went by so quickly since the Bonfire + Vantage + Brazen combination just rips apart enemies, it's also pretty fun. The synergy he has with Vantage is also nice, seeing as it's one of his skills in FE4. Yet they gave him a random seal skill that nobody will ever use.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris What a pain to relax...

Julius looks a bit too much like an eviler, hammier Arvis with longer hair, but that's just me. No way those two are so obviously related.

Anyway, I promoted this guy because of his absurd red magic tank potential.

4. Psynergy

Psynergy Strong Winds Staff Member Super Mod

Julius was a fun map, didn't get to make a ton of use of Close Counter on Soren but having three units with the ability to counterattack at 1-2 range is fun. As expected Loptous is worthless against any decently powerful melee unit, he still just dies to any melee unit with some semblance of speed. I might give my Julia Attack Ploy at some point but I don't use her enough to justify that right now, I'll probably wait to see if I happen upon someone else for that fodder. Content is still a bit on the light side for the moment so I guess I'm just waiting for the seasonal units to be revealed and for Tempest to start.

5. Dragalge

Dragalge This is more than 20 characters long

He's like slightly better S!Leo in a way that Fallen Takumi is a slightly better Clarisse.

Infernal only took me two tries with a team of Marth, Fjorm, Axura and the MVP Jaffar. Chip damage is brutal.

Lastly, I threw Att Ploy 3 onto my H!Jakob and may give the other to Faye. I'll wait until the new seasonals to be revealed before making a decision~

6. Theo-92

Theo-92 Well-Known Member

Defeated Infernal with a team I tend to use for quests and the like being Elincia, Ephraim, PAzura and Nino. Nino does mprst of the work with Ephraim and Elincia taking care of what she can't and PAzura showing off her vocals.

I think we all know the GHBs are a cakewalk considering how long we have all been playing. I tend to build units for AA thsese days although I hardly have time to sit down and make an actual run lol.

7. Ironthunder

Ironthunder The Uncultured One

For some, not for all. Infernal GHBs can be insanely punishing if you don't have units like, say, Ephraim or PAzura or BLyn (To name a few that often crop up in these 'GHB's a cakewalk zzz' tales). I've been playing since launch (minus a couple of months off last summer) and by and large Infernal's still usually beyond my capacities without resorting to cheap freebie guides on the dying hours.

8. AuraChannelerChris

Nothing will compare to the absolute ****dom that was Fallen Takumi's Infernal stage.

9. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

Congratulations to Raydrik for getting into Fire Emblem Heroes, if only by technicality.

10. Dragalge

Dragalge This is more than 20 characters long

It's kind of weird that they're locking difficulties behind tiers. What reason is there to do such a thing? It's not a big deal for me but still. :/

At least this time, the battles will probably be easier thanks the new teleportation mechanics.

11. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

Might be to force people to see the difference between hard, lunatic & infernal, i guess? I agree it's weird, though.

12. Psynergy

Psynergy Strong Winds Staff Member Super Mod

It is a little silly, given that removing teleportation reduces so much of the difficulty already. I think this change would've made more sense if they hadn't changed the warp mechanic first, since maybe it'd get people to see that you don't need to be able to complete the highest difficulty to contribute and that warping wasn't that bad. I don't see what this change is trying to accomplish at this point but I guess it's not difficult to hit rank 8.

13. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

Uhhhh did they change the warp mechanic though? Like logically, yes, they should have since Rival Domains has it but they specifically mention the 20->40 unit change but not the warp change.

14. AuraChannelerChris

Enemies don't attack if they warp first.

15. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

The Update notes don't mention it and neither do the changes from the last event notice on grand challenges.

16. AuraChannelerChris

I think they mentioned that fact a few days earlier, though.

17. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

Today's GC notice doesn't mention it
    The Update 2.5 notice on the 8th doesn't mention it, just that the warping change was in rival domains
    The first update 2.5 notice, where they announced the upcoming changes and maintenance time, also only mentions rival domains

18. Ironthunder

Ironthunder The Uncultured One

Maybe they just expected that people would assume the Grand Conquest battles would follow the Rival Domains rules because they're basically the same format?

19. AuraChannelerChris

The Extra Stages for Tap Battle are pointless, and so is the fact they took off an orb from the usual 3-orb reward just to lock said orb behind an Extra Stage, which doesn't reward you with anything special or twice the usual amount for clearing a stage that runs twice as long as your normal Tap Battle stage.

20. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

Extra Stages rule because it's the full song with a boss fight and gives extra rewards