• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
RE: Canas, I have no idea what broken weapon you're on about, he was kinda poor with anything.

Also they added Kaze to the general summoning pool, so looks like smokes are going to be more common.

To be fair to him, he was a lot better then Karla ever was, who they did salvage for Heroes.

Poor Canas though, they didn't even try to give him a niche. They just gave him Raigh's stats, added 4 Res, and then slapped an Owl tome on him.

R_N

I'll say this about Canas: He would make a nice 3-4* pull. Really fits in with a lot of the other 3* offerings.

You know, if you look solely at the "regular" units offered by Tempests many would
Tobin, Clive, Gerome, Finn, Marisa are all in that same-ish "perfectly usable, but not amazing" bin. Arden's debatable, but I think without his special Ring skill, he'd also fit in.
Black Knight would probably be 5* exclusive. Joshua, too, but not because he's amazing as it is he was a farfetched hero and they all got 5* treatment.

just saying, intsys....just saying...

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
RE: Canas, I have no idea what broken weapon you're on about, he was kinda poor with anything.

Luna was stupidly broken in FE7 because it ignored Res entirely and had 95 Hit and 20 Crit (the same tome in Sacred Stones has 50 Hit and 10 Crit). To put that in perspective, Luna is straight-up better than any of the other legendary weapons against the final boss. Canas was a pretty above average unit due to that alone, though he'd be nothing special if it wasn't for that and Flux being a solid early tome.

Did my full free circle and got a lot of trash, then decided to go for the two colorless orbs anyway and ended up with Elise. Unfortunately she's the 5* colorless I want the least because I'm already building Nanna and she offers nothing for me except Recover+ and Live to Serve fodder, but I guess I'll take that. Honestly would rather have Mist since she at least fits the Greil Mercenaries aesthetic but I can't be too upset. I'm still sitting at above 300 orbs so I don't feel bad using a couple orbs on free circles, especially since I might not be rolling much until legendary banner unless I have the sudden urge to roll for another Hector...which I might do.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade

- someone who never recruited canas in fe7

I'm kind of surprised to see Canas and Legault in FE:H considering I love both of them and I could swear that nobody else does. Especially Legault...

R_N

I'm kind of surprised to see Canas and Legault in FE:H considering I love both of them and I could swear that nobody else does. Especially Legault...
Canas was 113 on CYL1 (the poll I assume they're still referencing), Legault was 212, Karla was 307
relative to the rest of the FE7 cast...
V3B3TWJ.png

Canas was the 10th most voted. Legault was pretty middling but he was also "uncle legault" to Nino and the fang family seems to be the actual theme here (see also: Linus).
...alongside Karla, who is just here because hey why not, the rest of her family is here.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Canas was 113 on CYL1 (the poll I assume they're still referencing), Legault was 212, Karla was 307
relative to the rest of the FE7 cast...

<image cut to control the size of this post>

Canas was the 10th most voted. Legault was pretty middling but he was also "uncle legault" to Nino and the fang family seems to be the actual theme here (see also: Linus).
...alongside Karla, who is just here because hey why not, the rest of her family is here.
That's actually not that bad, but I kind of guess I have a small sample size since a lot of that is based on personal experiences.

(also I'm kind of sad that Dart and Lowen are that low, even though they tend to be more useful as units than interesting as characters (well, I usually have decent Lowens, anyway), so basically: hooray for numbers, I don't know where this was going)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The new banner doesn't interest me much. I'll still try to get Bridal Ninian/Sanaki. I think the next TT will give us another break that won't need to really go for any new units in the banner.

Though I'm starting to think getting a 4* Bartre with ATK+ SPD- was some sort of freaky sign...

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Got Legault and went right to testing out that Dull Ranged idea. Turns out they are not compatible; Dull Ranged treats the enemies like they're non-buffed rather than ignoring the bonuses. Oh well, it was a nice idea.

If daggers are going to run Cleaner, they'll want to have QR or Guard if they're tanking, or Desperation if they're going to initiate. Now that Kaze is in the normal summon pool with IVs and everything he can run Cleaner really well with a potential 45 Res after max merging and refining the Cleaner.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One

No I recruited Canas, and then he joined Lucius on the bench because there were better units to field in that slot. Shamans are surprisingly not great. Kind of like how they are in Heroes.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I put in a bunch of orbs and ended up with a +Hp -Res Legault. Fine with that, only wanted to pull until I got one of the banner focuses. Got my first 4* Ares too and some fodder in Serena and Shanna.

R_N

I hope they put out a calendar on Monday, I need that new power banner and hector banner

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I do wish they had more game specific polls, it would make things easier when you don't have several games to choose from and only one vote.

R_N

Heck yeah New Power banner
heck no i used almost all my orbs and still no Linde. Lots of effies for some reason.

also i am laughing so hard that they actually put Y.Tiki here, I really thought they wouldn't. I'd try pulling for her since it's a better shot than the legendary banner, but got my eyes on the prize that will only get pity broken by other blues and not also yourself from the future.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I took all the non-reds on my free circle and got a Donnel, Abel, and Lachesis, so my "worthless blue" streak continues. This game really does not want to let me forget the 4* banner with Oscar/Abel/Mathilda in which I got no Oscars and 3-4 of the other two. Either way with that banner out of the way I decided to give Masked Marth a refine since I have no other units I use in need of one, don't have plans to merge her up to +5 right now but I may as well give her that refine while nobody else wants one.

Now I wait for a new calendar that will hopefully go up tonight or tomorrow. I need to know when that Hector banner is, please be at the end of the month.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
If the legendary banner is particularly nice I might not have enough orbs to roll for that Hector banner later, but we'll see. Either way I think I prefer this placement, and the fact that the next two banners are seasonal ones means I'll have an even easier time saving my orbs than usual. This isn't a particularly exciting lineup for the month though, aside from the "Heroes with Luna banner" which is an unusual choice of skill to focus around. Most of the 5* exclusive Luna units are swords though so that's not particularly interesting if they stick to that route.

R_N

If the legendary banner is particularly nice I might not have enough orbs to roll for that Hector banner later, but we'll see. Either way I think I prefer this placement, and the fact that the next two banners are seasonal ones means I'll have an even easier time saving my orbs than usual. This isn't a particularly exciting lineup for the month though, aside from the "Heroes with Luna banner" which is an unusual choice of skill to focus around. Most of the 5* exclusive Luna units are swords though so that's not particularly interesting if they stick to that route.
If we excise all the units with Aether tha only 5*s with Luna are Posessed Celica, Kinshi Hinoka, & Mia. Seems about right for these types of banners, the stance banner was 2 blues & a red for example.
I mean ideally they'd put Frederick or Catria up in the 5* block, but oh well.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Thing that stuck out to me was the lack of a New Power banner. Or at least the seeming lack of one; could go up after the 10th I guess.

Death Blow banner is a prime time to rerun Swordhardt, and Luna banner is one for Hibowka. Doubt they'd forgo the chance to run those two again.