• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member

Rakurai

Looks like Ninian can use dragonstones.

Hopefully, she still has Dance to go along with it.

Theo-92

I reckon we will get them tomorrow. Chucked a handful of potions at the Ursula lunatic map, it was actually rather fun despite how hard it was.

Team Ephraim!

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
That's coming soon, but I wouldn't be completely surprised if they were leaving it until the new gacha arrives tomorrow.

But yeah, the new characters look to be an interesting bunch. Thoughts in spoiler because idk if people want this saying despite the link above so I'd rather not get yelled at:
-Karel: He could be good, but there's a lot of competition for sword users so he's going to have to be excellent to actually stand out.
-Rebecca: Nice. Bow users are fairly rare tbh (We have what, Jeorge/Klein/Taco/Niles/Setsuna?) so there's potential.
-Priscilla: Hopefully she's mounted, chances are she'll get one of the stat-booster purples. Might be fun.
-Jaffar: Probably another character that's been rejigged into using daggers. Might be pretty cool though, we shall see.
-Ninian: Dancer with likely breath attack, this should be hell. Even more reason to see arena teams full of Falchions because WHY NOT IT'S NOT LIKE THEY'RE DUMB AS ALL HELL.
-Lucius: ...why the hell did they make the light mage into a damned staff wielder? If he was a light mage still then that'd be cool because it's another blue tome, but as a staff user he looks like he's damned to mediocrity without some hellishly overpowered set behind him.

R_N

That's coming soon, but I wouldn't be completely surprised if they were leaving it until the new gacha arrives tomorrow.

But yeah, the new characters look to be an interesting bunch. Thoughts in spoiler because idk if people want this saying despite the link above so I'd rather not get yelled at:
-Karel: He could be good, but there's a lot of competition for sword users so he's going to have to be excellent to actually stand out.
-Rebecca: Nice. Bow users are fairly rare tbh (We have what, Jeorge/Klein/Taco/Niles/Setsuna?) so there's potential.
-Priscilla: Hopefully she's mounted, chances are she'll get one of the stat-booster purples. Might be fun.
-Jaffar: Probably another character that's been rejigged into using daggers. Might be pretty cool though, we shall see.
-Ninian: Dancer with likely breath attack, this should be hell. Even more reason to see arena teams full of Falchions because WHY NOT IT'S NOT LIKE THEY'RE DUMB AS ALL HELL.
-Lucius: ...why the hell did they make the light mage into a damned staff wielder? If he was a light mage still then that'd be cool because it's another blue tome, but as a staff user he looks like he's damned to mediocrity without some hellishly overpowered set behind him.

The comment about the bows had me look into what our spread is at this point. Not counting the in-game-but-unreleased (like Xander, Camus, Veronica, etc) or the upcoming banner units the current loadout is
Sword: 25
Lance: 18
Axe: 15
Red Dragon: 2 (both Tikis lol)
Blue Dragon: 2 (F Corrin & Nowi)
Green Dragon: 1 (Just Fae)
Red Tome: 7
Blue Tome: 6
Green Tome: 4 (And one of those was female robin....)
Staff: 8
Bows: 7
Shuriken: 5

and fun fact: we only have 5 total armors.

I'd like it if Lucius was a new kind of Staff user. All the staff users have some gimmick, what if his was tome-caliber offense?

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Maybe, but I'm just annoyed. Lucius' main noteworthy feature was that he used Light magic. He didn't get staves until he promoted. It's not like Frederick/Gunter where their weapon got shifted to another they could wield, they've just outright ignored his purpose in the game (To introduce light magic and the magic triangle) and given him a staff.

bobjr

Staff member
Lucius just wants to make sure his boyfriend Raven is nice and healed all the time

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
All the new banner units aside from one have some relation to units already released.

Wonder why Rebecca was included when Rath or Wil could have been reasonable additions and be connected to Lyn. Maybe we'll get Wolt or Dart in the future

R_N

Maybe, but I'm just annoyed. Lucius' main noteworthy feature was that he used Light magic. He didn't get staves until he promoted. It's not like Frederick/Gunter where their weapon got shifted to another they could wield, they've just outright ignored his purpose in the game (To introduce light magic and the magic triangle) and given him a staff.

I'd argue it fits his nature, I guess?

also where are our Nomads. Bow knights have been in the game as enemies since the start but we dont have any of our bow knight friends from any game.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
All the new banner units aside from one have some relation to units already released.

Wonder why Rebecca was included when Rath or Wil could have been reasonable additions and be connected to Lyn. Maybe we'll get Wolt or Dart in the future

I hope Rath is included later, as we still need mounted bow knights as mentioned above. Plus, I think he'd be pretty cool to have, anyway.

I hoped that the next banner would have more 8 characters, but it's not like I'm arguing against an entire focus devoted to a GBA game. Would've liked to see Kent or Sain, but take what you can get, right.

Rio!

Composer
I only have 2 five stars, outside of the Kagero I promoted.

LOL this is me, I only have 5 star Kagero (who's actually been doing pretty well tbh) and Cordelia who's come in handy with the Brave Lance.

R_N

Was thinking of how they'll handle some of the other non-standard characters like Ninian was.

Nils is obvious: dragon stone
Merlinus: In general I would love to know how they'll handle adding a transporter character to the game, but of all things he'll probably get Swords solely because his FE7 artwork has him carry one on his person for some reason.
Lalum: Swords? I think she gives you one when she joins. Otherwise I feel they'd have to just choose a weapon and go with it. All the dancers aside from Azura who use weapons use swords. Even the mimic character from FE1.
Effin: Magic? There'd be no tome dancers otherwise, so that'd be a decent gimmick. I think he's usually brought into the plot for the legendary tomes?
The Tellius Herons: Magic would make the most sense. They all have higher magic growths and they can use magic cards. Maybe they could use magic based on those and just have really low powered magic. One heron for each magic type! Or keep them "beaststones" or whatever they'll call the laguz type weapons but make them comically weak. airborne dancers!

Well, they'll probably never release all the characters in the first place.

bobjr

Staff member
Merlinus would probably be a healer who uses elixirs or something. The thing I want to know is how they'll handle Laguz.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The same way they handle the Manaketes I would guess. Manaketes in Heroes are effectively the same as any other direct combat unit, just with a flashy transformation, and Laguz wouldn't be any different in that regard, just with a different symbol.

Ranulf, Mordecai, Lethe for beast Laguz
Tibarn, Janaff, Ulki for Hawk Laguz
Naesala, Nealuchi, Vika for Ravens
Reyson, Leanne, Rafiel, Herons
Ena, Nasir, Kurthnaga for Dragon Laguz.

Give them one color apiece, and let them loose.

R_N

Mechanically they'll probably ignore the transformation meter and weapon-wise they'll probably just make up variants for their claws/beaks. Not like "Dark Stone" was an actual thing for Corrin, or any of the jewel weaponry.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Yay 20 free Orbs!
Yay new paralogues!
Yay new Orbs to obtain!
Yay new units!

Damn, Ninian can move! Was fighter her in Paralogue, and she moved 6 spaces. None of my units can move that much. My highest is only like 3 spaces.

I should have 42 Orbs once I do all paralogues and the extra 2 orb missions. Will take a look at new unit reviews before deciding to waste Orbs with shet pulls again.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I got a 5 Star Lucius in this pull.

They compensated Lucius being relegated to staff wielder instead of a tome user by making him a sort of combat cleric. He gets HP +5, Martyr, Miracle, Pain, and enough Attack and Speed to back all of it up. His Res is naturally high as well, so he's taking a while to go down vs. magic users, sometimes one more turn than usual because of Miracle.

Rakurai

I feel dumb for not limiting myself to pulling only for blue units this time around, because I really wanted Ninian, but ended up getting Rebecca, who really doesn't stack up to Jeorge or Klein (Who I both have already) in usefulness.