• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
It's not that convoluted
Book 1: princess, spurred on by demonic bloodline dragon, leads invasion. Many filler chapters later, we find out that the prince is our old friend who couldn't resist. Side stories involving looks at princess' family issues and trying to find more information. Loki is there. Anna tries to make a profit.
Book 2: King of another land for reasons to be found later is using super evil forever flames to destroy/conquer countries starting with ice land. Loki lead to Surtr & Veroniac teaming up, probably has her own things in the pot. Running! Sealing gates to separate from askr! Now we need to do things (find sister -> get stuff for rite -> do rite) to stop the flames. More running!

It's a really simple story even in book 2, which is trying harder (how much it hits is obviously a ymmv thing). The most convoluted thing to happen is Surtr coming back despite being in Askr and Loki is off messing with things in Tempests. And that's not even as convoluted as it is contrived (as is the divine weapon being part of the rite for...some...reason).

e: You know, Bruno (as Bruno, not Zach) probably should have taken Surtr's place in the last chapter. Dude hasn't been seen in any content since the Elincia story chapters.

i'll give book one not being too bad, but book two keeps introducing characters at a quick pace (at least story wise) and kinda just lacks substance in my opinion. yeah it's a mobile game, and i'm not expecting much anyway, but there's so little development yet so much progress. most of the time i'll just hit skip while playing and maybe read the logs later because when i was keeping up while playing (for book two at least) because everything just seems substance-less.

convoluted wasn't the right word to use though, i just couldn't come up with the adjective to describe what i had in mind.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin

R_N

i'll give book one not being too bad, but book two keeps introducing characters at a quick pace (at least story wise) and kinda just lacks substance in my opinion. yeah it's a mobile game, and i'm not expecting much anyway, but there's so little development yet so much progress. most of the time i'll just hit skip while playing and maybe read the logs later because when i was keeping up while playing (for book two at least) because everything just seems substance-less.

convoluted wasn't the right word to use though, i just couldn't come up with the adjective to describe what i had in mind.
First 2 chapters are just the set up: here's the principle new cast, here's what's happening, here's what we need to do
Chapter devoted to Surtr's effects in Askr as they go to Nifl in an effort to meet up with Gunnthra
3 chapters of running from/capturing the fire princesses to meet with Gunnthra during which we get some more insight to the characters. again, ymmv on if that insight is any good

I'd say that's a decent progress:development ratio, and the elder fire princess (the only new character introduced since the start of book 2) got a lot of dialog time in her chapters. If anything happened too fast its also losing the older sister in the shuffle off screen without much talk from/about her in the following chapter. Hopefully that's rectified next chapter.

idk different strokes i guess. I can totally see why people are ho-hum (at best...) about it, but I'm kind of actually interested in the story?? And I like how the situations they're in are represented in the story chapters. Like there was that one reinforcement map where you're in the middle and they come in from all angles. Or all the surtr maps and how he's always chasing you in different ways; the map at the gate where it's a defend map (since fjorm's doing the rite) and he shows up on turn 4 is another favorite. Its good, I like that. But perhaps fates has worn me down so much I am easy to please; I felt more for Gunnthra here and am more interested in the clear trajectory of the elder princess (SOMEONE's soul is getting eaten by the flames of muspell and it wont be laevatan) than I did of most of the things in Fates.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
First 2 chapters are just the set up: here's the principle new cast, here's what's happening, here's what we need to do
Chapter devoted to Surtr's effects in Askr as they go to Nifl in an effort to meet up with Gunnthra
3 chapters of running from/capturing the fire princesses to meet with Gunnthra during which we get some more insight to the characters. again, ymmv on if that insight is any good

I'd say that's a decent progress:development ratio, and the elder fire princess (the only new character introduced since the start of book 2) got a lot of dialog time in her chapters. If anything happened too fast its also losing the older sister in the shuffle off screen without much talk from/about her in the following chapter. Hopefully that's rectified next chapter.

idk different strokes i guess. I can totally see why people are ho-hum (at best...) about it, but I'm kind of actually interested in the story?? And I like how the situations they're in are represented in the story chapters. Like there was that one reinforcement map where you're in the middle and they come in from all angles. Or all the surtr maps and how he's always chasing you in different ways; the map at the gate where it's a defend map (since fjorm's doing the rite) and he shows up on turn 4 is another favorite. Its good, I like that. But perhaps fates has worn me down so much I am easy to please; I felt more for Gunnthra here and am more interested in the clear trajectory of the elder princess (SOMEONE's soul is getting eaten by the flames of muspell and it wont be laevatan) than I did of most of the things in Fates.
We only knew Gunnthra through some dream thing and gets only some lines and a red flash happens that ends her. I couldn’t sympathize for a character we barely saw. Even in Conquest for all the faults it had, I could kinda care more about Ryoma’s death because at least we saw the man a lot compared to Gunnthra. On top of all this, how Surtr reached the Askrians is beyond me.

Also the new calendar is out.
img_20180412.png

R_N

We only knew Gunnthra through some dream thing and gets only some lines and a red flash happens that ends her. I couldn’t sympathize for a character we barely saw. Even in Conquest for all the faults it had, I could kinda care more about Ryoma’s death because at least we saw the man a lot compared to Gunnthra. On top of all this, how Surtr reached the Askrians is beyond me.

Eh Gunnthra contacts us a few times in her dream, but I'll admit it helps that she's been in the summoning pool (sort of) and her dialog was on hand even before i pulled her.
I still cared more about her than ,I don't know, Flora in Birthright. Or Zola, also in birthright. Or the rainbow sage in ...any of the routes, but especially conquest. Or Lillith.
I put Gunnthra's death at a solid "Kaden." Was this death strictly necessary? No. Did I at least kind of like them, making me feel some minor things in the malaise of "i hate youuuuu" that is conquest? Sure Just below Scarlet, because she deserved better and probably should have been an actual full character. And at least this one will probably have consequences until we find out gunnthra can contact us as a spirit in our dreams (its going to happen, ya'll know it) but at least then we have the decency of low production values not showing us gunnthra's remains. So less of a future disconnect, so to speak.

Surtr is stupid though, yes. I'm hoping its like, secretly Loki or something. There were like 4 other options (general #3, laevataen, loki who can handwave things with magic, bruno whose been totally absent for all of book 2) for who would be at the hiding spot and they went with...Surtr. As #1 FEH story stan even I can't defend that.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
From what I understand Book 2 is IntSys realizing they had a 300 million hit on their hands, and doing more than the typical Veronica summons heroes then runs away plot.

Like I half expected Laevaten's sister to be the game's Ka-moo character.

R_N

From what I understand Book 2 is IntSys realizing they had a 300 million hit on their hands, and doing more than the typical Veronica summons heroes then runs away plot.

Like I half expected Laevaten's sister to be the game's Ka-moo character.
Oh she absolutely is and that's why she's going to die. Though so far as Camus characters go, obeying your literally & well known to be unstoppable murder dad is better than the usual. And I'm guessing she'll die (by taking in the flames herself) less for her *country* and more for her *sister*.

img_20180412.png
So hey this is interesting: there's no seasonal in the next month of banners. Seasonals are always "Special Heroes", this has Thracia followed by 2 "New Heroes" banner. Usually it either alternates or goes 2 new, then back to alternating. Second one is only 10 days, too. I'm guessing the one after that will be a seasonal, but I wonder if they might try squeezing in a third banner between them now? That'd be neat...

R_N

That calendar looks sort of....empty?
it's about the same as usual. here was last month's
DYLqO_XVAAIsaGB.jpg

they don't include everything, so there will probably be a few rando quests and such thrown in the time frame shown
"Golden Week Celebration" in particular will probably have like 3 things going on. A Hero Fest, probably its own log in bonus, a random map to do for more orbs, things like that.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The Three Heroes set of missions will be interesting to see now, now that we got that huge group demotion. We could potentially get free Caedas, Kleins, Reinhardts, Faes, all sorts of quality units with these now.

Meanwhile, it's taken me a couple of months, but I finally got my first 5* +10 unit!

DalC7rKV4AEksbQ.jpg

Est synergizes super well with Myrrh, especially if Myrrh has Hone Flier like mine does. Hitting with eff. 72 attack and 44 speed if Def Ploy procs is a ton of fun and gets so many kills.

I think I'll make Caeda my next +10 project next. I already have a 4* +10 Caeda, but I want to get her maxed out as well for this flier trio.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
There's like no real reason why you have to get that special promotion for this month. It's the same value they sell you orbs at a quantity that is the same standard they sell them to you, but it tosses in 6000 feathers to sweeten the deal. The Black Knight deal was much more worth it.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
There's like no real reason why you have to get that special promotion for this month. It's the same value they sell you orbs at a quantity that is the same standard they sell them to you, but it tosses in 6000 feathers to sweeten the deal. The Black Knight deal was much more worth it.
Had they thrown in 20k feathers in there, maybe I'd considered it. At least you could promote someone to five stars with those feathers but 6,000 of them can more or less be obtained easily in Arena and Arena Assault.

R_N

Had they thrown in 20k feathers in there, maybe I'd considered it. At least you could promote someone to five stars with those feathers but 6,000 of them can more or less be obtained easily in Arena and Arena Assault.
yeah 6000 as a bonus seems really lame. Really should have been 20k so you literally buy yourself a 5*. Or a bundle of various stuff. Like maybe 5000 feathers, 50 sacred coins and i dont kknow 10 stones. something like that. Really even just 100 sacred coins would work better, that's like 3 weeks of high level arena play.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Grand Conquests Lunatic and Infernal is trash.

Take Rival Domains, already a colossal pain on Infernal, and throw in Tier 20 +10 units everywhere that can warp anywhere.

Only do hard Mode. Just get the GC rewards and avoid the anguish.

Last edited:

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
I agree with the above sentiments. I was initially very excited for Rival Domains, and enjoyed the first few of them due to the larger map size, deployment limit and the ability to use friends' units without randomness like in Voting Gauntlets.

This changed not too long ago, as I couldn't stand the design of the maps (this doesn't have to do with their size), the teleporting enemies, and how slowly your reinforcements spawn compared to the enemies. It's frustrating having most of your units wiped out because all the enemies just overpowered them with sheer numbers. To be clear, I'm speaking from my experiences with Infernal Rival Domains.

I was already frustrated by the FEH Channel due to Finn's treatment and Reinhardt/Olwen alts, and Grand Conquests only added to the list of problems I had with it. To start, it's the same as Rival Domains with the addition of heavily optimized 5*+10 units. I also don't understand why are you limited to merely one dancer in these modes, when the enemies are allowed to have multiple, especially in Grand Conquests when the enemies' units are much, much stronger. The GC rewards are also too minimal for me to bother with this mode much.

R_N

Yeah infernal was something else, but at least they offer different difficulty levels and you can still earn points even if you just defend.
They probably suspected something like this which is why they made sure to underline "no, really, we're listening to your feedback on this mode"

Pretty interested in how they fix the next run of it

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
This is just IntSys really wanting to make another Advance Wars isn't it?