• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
image.png
A nearly perfect round lol.

Sitting at 88K Feathers now. When I hit 117K I'll start promoting and merging my Caedas. Got a +Atk -HP one ready to go, so that'll be fun to see take things down.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
yeah i got like the bare minimum amount of feathers from conquests- just don't really love the playstyle of the game mode/maps.

not sure if i want to silver dagger+ kagero or another merge on my effie with the next 20k. going to try to start saving orbs though, next set of banners on the calendar don't look too enticing (but we'll see about the new heroes/golden week).

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I think I decided to make Sophia my first +10. So far she’s at +2 and I have a couple more copies of her to throw in. With that said, I made her a Keen Raurwolf+ user (with the nullifying cavalry refinement), Guard, and Res Ploy 3. Hopefully I get DD fodder soon so I can scrap off Fury 3 from her.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The Lunatic options in TT+ costs 15 Stamina now. That's a QoL buff I can appreciate. You can knock out near 5000 points per Stamina Bar with perfect Luna 7 runs with that, including a 7th run you can get with the stamina accumulated as you do the first 6 runs.

Still wish there was some mega reward for getting capping off the rewards list, like 100 Dew or something idk, but one step at a time.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Why is Seliph so...bad....
Even at 5*s with the tempest bonuses he's just not good.

I remember Psynergy mentioning a way he could be Sigurd but better, but yeah he's someone who needs a ton of investment. That's what happens when you're part of the first non starter banner in a gacha.

R_N

I remember Psynergy mentioning a way he could be Sigurd but better, but yeah he's someone who needs a ton of investment. That's what happens when you're part of the first non starter banner in a gacha.
His banner mates Eirika, Ephraim* and Julia are all pretty good once hit the floor. Buff bot that gets better with minimal SI and refines, buff bot pretty good even without SI. Julia needs a bit more work, but it's less work over all and even vanilla Julia can still hit a dragon when needed. 30 base speed also wasn't too shabby at release and in general, ranged mage is always pretty solid.

I've dealt with slow bulky units before but even they usually perform better than Seliph does since they usually have something going for them. Good skill, just the right bulk:attack ratio, a good weapon, something like that. Like Alfonse isn't that much better (even Feh channel made fun of him being a benchwarmer) but he's performed fine in part thanks to slightly better stats (seliph can outperform but only in one stat with a boon) & innate DB3. I also feel like his big HP pool did him no favors, it makes it harder to get into lower ranges (i've been 1 off from activating anything good multiple times) but usually still love enough that he dies next combat. It's the darndest thing.

also this isn't really related but can healers please get some A Skills. The fact they can get the defensive stances (but not the breaths) was genuinely surprising to me, considering they don't get any of the Blows. Or much of anything.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah Seliph is technically an alright unit with Divine Tyrfing and Distant Counter/Steady Breath and Wrath/Quick Riposte, but that's a lot of premium skill fodder and Divine Dew just to turn him into a respectable unit. Granted Divine Tyrfing is a monster of a weapon but what he needs more is a Tyrfing refine catered specifically to him if he really wants to stand out. At the very least, he's no longer a pitybreaker. Honestly Seliph fans are probably better off waiting for him to get some fancy alt on a horse because it's only a matter of time at this rate.

In fairness his banner friends also suffered from powercreep pretty hard before they got their refines though, even though now they're pretty far ahead of Seliph. Eirika in particular was super bad at anything other than buffing and her abysmal attack made her a pain to use. Ephraim's bad speed also hurt his offensive potential for a bit before his refine but now he's a monster and probably the best infantry lance in the game. Divine Naga also makes Julia into a really cool anti-buff unit even if she really wants Quick Riposte now, but it still solidifies a niche for her since dragon killing is very useful. Without those refines they'd be pretty unspectacular right now, doubly so for Julia and Ephraim since they don't even have good skill fodder to offer you.

R_N

I'd still say unspectacular is worth more than "dead weight", but fair enough. At least they had their moments prior to refinement.

It is a shame that he didnt just get his own weapon refine though. Same also applies to Merric, actually. Dark Excalibur is technically an improvement, but that's only because Excalibur was bad and getting a new refine that kept the flier effectiveness would have been better.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
A pretty great banner with two sources of Swift Sparrow fodder + Res Ploy from Sonya. Managed to get a second Ayra on the other red circle in my summoning session!

...Although she was -Spd again with an HP boon. Since my other one is SS’d (while being +Res, -Spd too), the merge essentially patched my first Ayra’s bane up.

New preview is tonight so be careful with your orbs despite this new one being pretty fantastic all around.

R_N

I had 125 orbs so i felt sure, lets go for the 2 red orbs, maybe i'll get selenas

4* Sophia & 3* Henry.

well. at least the novelty of new 3*s in the pool won't wear off too quickly.........

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
New heroes are Kana-F, Shigure, and Kinshi Knight Hinoka who can do effective damage against flying and armored foes. We also get our Wo Dao+ lance at last!

Kana-M is also the next GHB being a blue dragon unlike her green counterpart. Shigure being demoted would be nice as we can finally get Ward Fliers on a four-five star unit (and Darting Stance!)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Hinoka is the first flying archer of the game.

Kaze also appears in the video, so it's probable that he will be either a TT reward or...god help us, an Ayra-like situation for something else.
We don't have any TT scheduled for this though.

R_N

New heroes are Kana-F, Shigure, and Kinshi Knight Hinoka who can do effective damage against flying and armored foes. We also get our Wo Dao+ lance at last!

Kana-M is also the next GHB being a blue dragon unlike her green counterpart. Shigure being demoted would be nice as we can finally get Ward Fliers on a four-five star unit (and Darting Stance!)
Kana-F also has a new generic dragonstone, which is a pleasant surprise.
I'm still anti-alts, but at least Hinoka both never got an alt before and fills a permanent niche. So better off than horse tome eirika and horse sword chrom (oh boy! a horse sword!!)

I am a bit surprised its a 3 man banner, though. I wonder if Reinhardt or Olwen were intended for legendary banners and they changed their minds at the last minute? Actually, Kana-M is a super random GHB to go with, too. And Kaze's just sort of there...and wait hinoka's just another colorless archer? What a weird banner.
Hinoka is the first flying archer of the game.

Kaze also appears in the video, so it's probable that he will be either a TT reward or...god help us, an Ayra-like situation for something else.
I doubt it's an Ayra situation. The last time they did that (scuttlebutt about legendary banners aside) was Rhajat, and they made sure to include her in the trailer and make it very clear when she'd be available.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
This also marks the first time a Bond skill is in the normal summoning pool (not counting Fjorm)! This means that other bond skills can now be expected in the summoning pool in the future or not.

Goad Dragons is also here which finally rounds out all the Dragon buffing skills. ...I wish Hone, Ward, and Goad Dragons weren't given to all the new green Dragons though.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Actually, a new TT may happen. It's just that all listed last events start on 5/10, so they can't really fit in a TT in there without stretching the schedule longer...and giving us the many other events.

...Though I actually doubt we'll have to wait that long for Kaze.

R_N

Also yeah I bet Shigure gets demoted. Darting Stance is the...well not WORST but not the most coveted Stance, he has a generic weapon and his other skill is one that no one would blink at being in the 4* pool. Especially when Fortify & Goad fliers are in the 3* pool.

I wish Kana would demote though. Not even just because of her skills, but just, like....Boey was the last 4* added to the green pool and that was almost a year ago. Every other green since then has been 5* exclusive. Of all the green units added to the game, only 3 were 4* (Soren, Titania, Boey).

Again my ideal is 1 perm 5 (2 if its a 4 man banner), 1 4-5, 1 3-4 but there's no way they let you get access to either goad dragons or fierce stance 3 on a 4* unit.