1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Heroes: Where the Peonie Flies

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by bobjr, Feb 5, 2017.

1. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Danger is dangerous."

Red and blue are the definite highlights of this banner. I don't have any of those heroes, to boot! (Seriously though, Lucina is dreadful to go against on an AI team.)

Green is decent, but colorless is sooooooo underwhelming.

Hope I can get Hrid just to complete the family with his three sisters. (I'm not sure what to say to the fact we got a second red sword cavalier after Eirika.)

2. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I'd probably pass on green since I have 2/3rds and only have one each of the other ones, but I think I'll give this a pass over all. If I use my orbs I'd rather try for Surtr/Ylgrr or whatever is on the next banner.

Unless it's like...4 reds or blues. I'd probably take a risk on that. Those Fir, Draug or Florinas wont pull themselves.

3. Psynergy

Psynergy Strong Winds Staff Member Super Mod

Wow they really just shattered any possible remaining trend. A 5th red hero means we probably aren't stopping at 16 legendary heroes, and DC on someone other than Hector is also cool. This also breaks that theory of there only being 2 legendary heroes per world and also defies the expectation of a colorless hero. It's official now, any thing goes with future legendary heroes.

As a unit, Hrid actually looks very cool though. If he wasn't just DC fodder to me he'd be a legendary hero I wouldn't dislike having. This banner really does nothing to catch my interest though, I'll probably just take a free blue and leave since those have the best selection for me. That's either a Swift Sparrow/Distant Guard fodder, filler armor that could become Bold Fighter fodder, or Shell Lance for Oscar.

4. Ironthunder

Ironthunder The Uncultured One

Honestly red/blue are both decent options here. Green and grey are both still kind of lackluster as always.

5. Dragalge

Dragalge Eiscue

I was wondering...

Should I go for adding an additional slot to my offensive raiding party or on my defensive team? Adding a slot to the former would allow me to have another unit for purposes like buffing (such as Marth) although another unit in my defensive team would have a slightly better chance to not having my tier drop. Still, what do you all suggest?

6. AuraChannelerChris

Offensive.

In the end, securing 100 points is better than crossing your fingers your defense team doesn't let you down by losing 80.

Dragalge likes this.
  7. Psynergy

Psynergy Strong Winds Staff Member Super Mod

I went for the offensive slot as well. You have a lot more control over what you can do in offense, whereas even a good defense isn't going to become that much more consistent with another slot unless you have the resources for something super cheesy like instant AOE spam. Other people seem to think the defense slot is better too which I think makes offense slot an even better choice to match those defense teams.

8. AuraChannelerChris

Defense would only be important if you would lose more than 80 lift daily to a team beating your defense. But I only notice I lose lift once despite being defeated more than once.

That being said, I'll invest on defense slots next, and then bother upgrading structures.

9. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

The way defense lift works is this:
    -You only lose lift once per 20 hours. It doesn't matter if it was a one sided blow out or if you took down a few
    -If you win, you are immune to lift loss for that 20 hours instead
    -Losses start & cap out at -80. It will go down by -20 per character your defense defeats.
    -The lowest you can get it is -20, though...I mean, if someone brought in a team of 5 ,lost 4, but still won it'd be kind of silly otherwise, you know?

I'm unsure what happens if you lose, then win in that 20 hour period.

Did you know that aether cost keeps rising to 120? This system seems ill thought out.

10. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

I'm really hoping they add a skill and/or seal with the effect of "Unit can always counterattack if attacker is within range", because high attack/speed Wrathful/Dazzling healers like Veronica and Maribelle are easily the most annoying units to deal with on offense.

There really is no true counter to them because you'll be still be eating the residual effects of whatever staff they're using even if you can zero out their damage (Which can be extremely unpleasant if it's a Pain+ or Gravity+). Plus half the time they have dancer support so they'll just go pick off someone else instead of the one you used to bait them.

11. Dragalge

Dragalge Eiscue

Next month is when F!Grima retires from the legendary banners until late February. These heroes have been unpredictable but this does at least give more hope of another colorless legendary hero next month at least. The full list is here:

Hrid: Late February
    Ryoma: Late March Late
    Lucina: Late March
    Gunnthra: Late February
    F!Grima: Late February

12. Ironthunder

Ironthunder The Uncultured One

[​IMG]

Borrowed from Reddit, just to help people visualise when they all return. Next two months *should* be colourless, although the rate they're going with this I wouldn't be surprised if either of them just skipped on having a colourless LH and just doubled up elsewhere.

Also arena bonus units are strongly indicative of the highly-predictable Muspell vs Nifl VG, by the fact that seven of them are on the arena focus for the week. To me, this reads that there's a Laegjarn/Laevatein/Helbindi rerun.

13. AuraChannelerChris

I won't be surprised if there's a VG centered around Book II, except without Loki in it.

By the way, my haul for the banner with just 55 orbs is a Summer Cordelia with HP+ DEF-. Yeah, that last one is a superbane, but then again, her skills make her hard to take down for physical fighters. And, goodness gracious, her SPD refine pushes her neutral 38 to 41.

14. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

the gauntlet was already datamined
    it's muspell vs nifl, yeah

15. AuraChannelerChris

When Garnef was released, I promoted him, even despite the fact I wasn't anywhere near the feather limit yet.

But today, I was reaching the limit once more, so this time, I fixed the 5* Roy with DEF+ SPD- I had for one with ATK+ HP- and merged them together. Sweet extra HP and ATK points.

But I'm actually running out on fresh units to promote that either haven't gotten refines or their IVs don't align with their refines well. I think I'll be promoting the healers, and we know those won't get any better after they got upgraded a long while back.

16. Dragalge

Dragalge Eiscue

17. AuraChannelerChris

I still believe in 4*Karel.

18. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

My favorite part of this is they clearly realized the 4* Halloween Henry was a mistak,e got a new image to replace it with normal Henry and then totally messed up again beacuse of the seasons

if you check the page now they're just throw their hands up and
    [​IMG]
    no seasons
    no screen of the party
    askr trio & takumi only
    final destination

Dragalge likes this.
  19. AuraChannelerChris

I took some of my full batches of 5000 Hero Merit feathers to promote a new healer after Lissa was the last one: Lachesis.

She will now stand next to her brother, who is the pinnacle all men strive for but fall short from the start, as they cannot match his skills as a man of greatness destined for bigger things in his kingdom.

(Oh god, just make out already, will you?!)

20. Dragalge

Dragalge Eiscue

On one hand, Helbindi vs Yglr is an awful thing IS would do to the man but I also don’t care about Yglr sooooo Team Helbindi it is!

Also this new banner is amazing if you really need those Duel skills with better rates. Got one green and a three star Camilla out of it though.

Lastly, I tried on the Legendary Heroes banner a second time (got me S!Cordelia!) and got another Ryoma with +Att, -Res! Although I kinda like my +Res, -HP one in a way so I’m unsure whether to merge them or fodder one off to Roy.