• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Wouldn't put it past Treehouse to include that line in some way though.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I knew there'd be no Farfetched here but the fact that we get Thracia instead with characters I actually like makes me mad. Tanya adds yet another reason for me to care about the colorless pool though so that's nice, guess I am free rolling colorless every banner from now on at this rate. Crazy that we get two Light Heroes for free and one is now a dancer as well to free up team constraints.

New game mode looks interesting though, not a fan of yet another currency that is pointless until we see what it does later but more variety is also fun. Now where is Hall of Forms?

Guess I am just saving my orbs and flier fodder forever at this point though, who knows how long it'll be until another Tellius banner after the heavy attention it's already had this year. Hopefully Mia's refine is worth rolling to +10 her on the coming weekly revival in January, bonus points if Eyvel drop (though I'm not holding my breath for it).

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
AAQPOlAAAB8F.jpg
AAQPOlAAAB8G.jpg

AAQPOlAAAB8H.jpg
AADDXjAAAB8K.jpg

Mia gains true damage per hit. So she's kind of like Karla now.

Clive gains an anti-armor weapon while Mathilda ditches her anti-cavalry weapon for a Slaying effect. Both basically get Corrin's refine, though it also affects them.

Arthur is the biggest winner. Ditches Emerald weapon for a weapon that behaves like year 3 summer units' weapons. But then his refine is simply amazing, stacking +5 on all stats and denying penalties. He can get +8 when all requirements are fulfilled. Then add +6 from buffs, and he reaches +14 on all stats. Percy is proud of his pops.

R_N

I am pretty surprised they abandoned the Brave Redux thing this year.
I guess the answer to "how do they get away with not giving us Anna & Bruno" is "do not do the banner at all". Pretty sneaky, intsys!
mGwjdyS.png

Daddy's alive! And sick! But alive!

(...It looks like Book III was an entire dream or something?)
I think there's something weird going on with this considering the Dream shown in the video had a time loop happen
Who knows how many layers of dreaming is going on here

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Arthur's Axe does not deny penalties, it gives him stats to offset the penalty instead. He can still get debuffed, and the buffs he gets for it is calculated out after. It's not quite Idunn's and Brunnya's weapons, but it's close.

Mia's weapon might be better than that outside of a vacuum though because of Mia's Speed. You can stack this effect with Flashing Blade 4 for a guaranteed +12 flat damage if you put up Phantom Speed seal. Combine that with an in-combat special trigger, plus a Wrath of her own, and she's dishing out 32 flat damage at proper health conditions, on top of whatever her special and ~51 Atk stat delivered.

AOE special can kick this even higher, since Wrath damage is added to it. +20 to whatever AoE is up, then +12 X2 if she naturally doubles, for 44 flat damage no matter what. She goes through practically everything.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I am pretty surprised they abandoned the Brave Redux thing this year.
I guess the answer to "how do they get away with not giving us Anna & Bruno" is "do not do the banner at all". Pretty sneaky, intsys!

I really hope this wasn't their thought process for Anna and that they instead just decided that they'll save popular characters to lead future banners instead of putting 4 popular characters on one banner, especially with their new approach resulting in a larger amount of new characters being added. I have seen speculation that they could theoretically still be having a Brave Redux banner in January before we presumably get CYL4 voting, which could certainly happen if they don't throw a random seasonal in again. I don't think that'll happen though, I just think they're passing on that banner theme unfortunately and moving on with their new model of "4 unit banner, 1 instant drop, and GHB unit" for awhile since it has been fairly well received.

As for Mia's refine, I'm a little disappointed in how bland it is and in the end I think Athena did get the more interesting weapon after all. I probably won't roll to +10 her but I may still roll to get her to +5 on her weekly banner next month, depends on if Eyvel drops or not because red pool isn't very useful to me right now. At this point though I'm probably going to shift focus to waiting for a Micaiah banner, only need 6 more to +10 her and she should be in line for a refine somewhere in the middle of next year. Alternatively if we get another set of daily revivals for New Year or anniversary then she probably shows up on one of those.

R_N

I really hope this wasn't their thought process for Anna and that they instead just decided that they'll save popular characters to lead future banners instead of putting 4 popular characters on one banner, especially with their new approach resulting in a larger amount of new characters being added. I have seen speculation that they could theoretically still be having a Brave Redux banner in January before we presumably get CYL4 voting, which could certainly happen if they don't throw a random seasonal in again. I don't think that'll happen though, I just think they're passing on that banner theme unfortunately and moving on with their new model of "4 unit banner, 1 instant drop, and GHB unit" for awhile since it has been fairly well received.

As for Mia's refine, I'm a little disappointed in how bland it is and in the end I think Athena did get the more interesting weapon after all. I probably won't roll to +10 her but I may still roll to get her to +5 on her weekly banner next month, depends on if Eyvel drops or not because red pool isn't very useful to me right now. At this point though I'm probably going to shift focus to waiting for a Micaiah banner, only need 6 more to +10 her and she should be in line for a refine somewhere in the middle of next year. Alternatively if we get another set of daily revivals for New Year or anniversary then she probably shows up on one of those.
yeah that's a good way of looking at it

Also more reals in general. Remember last year when we got Book 2 generals, the Surtr/Ylgr banner AND Adrift? None of that here, Book 3's units seem to be Mythical only and they're in no hurry, and we got a FE6 banner of all things to coincide with the xenologue prepping us for book 4.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Now that Thracia made a surprise comeback, Genealogy, PoR, and Blazing are the only three games this year to have lacked a regular banner. Of the three, Radiance got a seasonal to itself + three other seasonal units, and Blazing got 4 seasonal units.

Makes one wonder if they also know about this and have a Genealogy Christmas planned.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
My only full session had lots of blue.

...And I got a third Micaiah (Spd+/HP-) which was merged into my only one with the same asset; and my first Forsyth, who sucks because he is Spd+/Atk-.

Oh well. That's still some luck. At least Peony is the freebie.

Also, Echidna demoted, but Larum didn't.

And there's something off with this picture.

alWvzmv.jpg

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Going by Osian's and Tanya's lines, a Bridal banner next year without a Bride Tanya and Groom Osian is a big missed opportunity.

The lines just write themselves with these two.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The Crossover bits of Forging Bonds have really been amazing so far.

To think a year ago it was terrible writing, now it has the best.