1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Heroes: Where the Peonie Flies

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by bobjr, Feb 5, 2017.

1. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I think the Three Houses crew will have an iron death grip on all the top positions. lots of strong favorites among the cast. Edelgard will be #1 woman for sure and I'd be shocked if Dimitri & Claude weren't top 5 men

2. Dragalge

Dragalge Lucy Eiscue

Dimitri and Edelgard are near-100% a lock, especially since the former is the most popular in Japan and the west. Claude is going to have it a bit harder even if he is more popular than Edelgard. That and Marth getting a Brave alt is still in high demand.

I hope Eirika gets to win though only because she would join her brother and would round out all the GBA protagonists getting Brave alts (don't say it's impossible because Micaiah and especially Camilla still got alts before CYL3 and both still won).
    I uh...wouldn't call it the new Awakening since it didn't save a once-dying franchise. And unlike Three Houses, Awakening is more fun to play

3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "And just what are you starin' at?"

In terms of newest entry with a lot exposure, I mean.

Without the "sorry we royally screwed things up with Shadow Dragon" part.

Dragalge likes this.
  4. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

If I may ask, what do people think about the Three Houses artstyle?

It seems a bit different than previous FE Art Styles.

Also, is anybody getting TMS:FE?

5. AuraChannelerChris

They change artists sometimes. Notably, the FEH artist did hentai art.

I'm not getting TMS. They dropped the ball not dubbing it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  6. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

FE does change artists every 2 games or so.

Outside of the first games where there wasn’t really an artist and you had devs go at it on their own.

7. Dragalge

Dragalge Lucy Eiscue

Using my old iPhone, I decided to start an alt for the heck of it to see how it’s like as a new player again!

First off, getting 50+ orbs off the bat is pretty sweet compared to getting just fifteen although with free summons being a thing, you don’t need 20 to reroll fortunately. And the free four star heroes is a step up from trying to use their two star variants. That said, I could have sworn they had some explanation for being there instead of coming out of nowhere.

For resources like Sacred Coins, there’s a huge problem in that compared to long-term players with various completed Seals, newbies have it rough. You’re a hell lot more selective on this as well as Refining Stones/Dew. They really should do something to help new players catch up with long-term ones in this sorta thing.

Aether Raid’s huge issue for new players in the Fortress level but that was already a problem from the start. For feathers, I think it’s fine although I do wish they offered like 60,000 or something to start off.

Grails are another issue as you have to summon all of them if you want to collect them if you weren’t doing TTs Day 1. Well actually GHBs are mostly fine. It’s just the TT units but IS should really supply more Grails in events regardless.

Overall, it’s still a great game for new people to get into with things like Heroes Path & free 5*’s! Just that resources really could be a lot better handled for new players to catch up.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  8. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Think you meant this for the general thread

But I like it. It's very similar to Kozaki's style but has its own flair especially with the hair & eyes. But like others have said, they change out artists every few games and their styles show through a bit more, though they'll also reflect trends. The FE4 artist (who I think passed away within the past four years) was I think a shoujou mangaka, and the NES & SNES FEs in general trended very hard towards the 90s anime aesthetic of the time, for example.

I adored TMS:FE on Wii U and will absolutely be getting it on Switch, probably this weekend. It's a shame that I think they're considered Atlus characters, so they probably wouldn't get any units in FEH.

Chinatsu Kurahana is probably most known for her work on Uta No Pricnce, which is a long running (is that weird to say now or what? it started in 2010...it's been going for 10 years....crazy huh?) otome date sim (/idol game). And I believe most of those are fairly tame.

yeah the currencies is something i think about off & on a lot. There's a lot of really good seals but you are at a huge deficit if you start late because of how they stagger them out. At the very least I think there should be a set of new beginner quests that gets you like 1000 of them. Help get you started building the collection, it'll be burned up pretty fast.

9. AuraChannelerChris

Stupid people highlighting the hentai part over this.

10. Dragalge

Dragalge Lucy Eiscue

Yeah like I know Distant Def and QR seals are high priority and all but it feels weird to just be behind a lot of others (at least on this account).

That being said, I managed to get who I wanted in my free summons/spent orbs so I’m comfortable with who I got thus far, especially since I didn’t realize that the free ticket quests were still going. Those summons being Larcei (+Att, -HP...why can’t I get her on my main? ;__; ), Maribelle (+Def, -HP) NY!Hrid, W!Chrom (both +Att, -Spd!), and NY!Alphonse + Sharena (+Def, -Att). Also managed to grab the four star NY!Eir too since that’s basically what I can get now from the TT lol.

11. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

NY Alfonse's koma overpowers Thrasir's skills btw. Nothing in Thrasir’s kit guarantees her a followup, it just denies her foe one, so Alfonse can tank her. And given his great bulk, Open the Future is able to OHKO her right back and heal that one hit off. So he's a decent unit to have for these Anima weeks., even considering the WTD on Thrasir.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020 at 1:03 AM
  12. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I was so used to stuff disabling guaranteed follow ups that i missed Alfonse prevents all follow ups, provided he has a special up at combat's start.

Does anyone else keep assuming all these Duo units are armors or is it just me. Every time I see duo ephraim or duo alfonse i just assume armor movement because how big their sprites are and because hector was an armor

13. AuraChannelerChris

Damn this Yune AB to hell. You all surely know why.

14. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Eleanora, Kiria, Mamori, Tsubasa. None of them are Duo Heroes.

Itsuki is the Tempest reward.

15. bobjr

These are permanent units too, not seasonal.

16. Dragalge

Dragalge Lucy Eiscue

While I am absolutely down for TMS characters in Feh, not having a demote from the looks of it stinks. (Yes Altena exists but I’m still not holding my breath! I want it to happen though!)

17. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Absolutely did not expect this to happen, but I;m so happy!

I kind of want all o them oh no, my new years resolution.........

While I under no circumstances believe a single one of these guys will drop, I think people are really skiddish around things the moment something goes against the norm. Like I was absolutely hemming & hawing at Mordecai probably not dropping but we gotta move past this when we have someone with ****ing Vengeance, Brash Assault & a dual stance 2 in a time of dual stance 3s in yool 2020

Dragalge likes this.
  18. Dragalge

Dragalge Lucy Eiscue

Guess I can hope for the best. =p

And what a good time to start my alt account it was! Of course at least I got a reason to pull Blue again on my main but I got a lot of orbs to get Tsubasa from a lot of incomplete story chapters! This also should make for an interesting Paralogue even if a Forging Bonds event would have been funnier to go alongside.

19. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I was going through the video again just to entertain the thought of "okay, COULD any of these demote if they really wanted to" and they really went all out with these skill sets. Elenora with the dual rally+ skill, a tier 4 strong offensive skill ANd a new ruse. Kiria with a brand new and very strong Lull (and a solo, those'll probabyl always be premiums), Mamori with that weird new session skill and almost certainly Gen 4 Trainee Armor BST (& vengeful fighter....), and of course star of the banner Tsubasa

I'm honestly surprised they bothered dubbing the cast, though I suppose it's much easier to dub a handful of lines for a mobile game

20. bobjr

What's funny is this will be the only time these characters will have english voices.