• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Yeah, most gacha games have a notifier you're getting something good before you see it. Maybe it gets people more excited.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I've been playing for a few days now, and I've got some complaints
•It seems you get no EXP at all when fighting units that are even just a few levels lower than your unit. Who thought this was okay?
•No matter how weak or disadvantaged your unit is, it should never be able to do 0 damage. Again, who thought this was okay?
•Exclusive quests for extremely rare pull characters. Who kept making these awful decisions?

I only have FF Brave EXVIUS to compare it to, which I've been playing for a month. Maybe DB Dokkan Battle and One Piece are just as bad, IDK. But IMO FEH is such an awful experience compare to BE. It's making me want to play the main games instead of this extremely watered down version, which I guess was the point, so hey congrats. I'll still keep playing though, maybe future updates will change these.

Edit: Maybe my first two complaints are also in the main games. I only played Sacred Stones and Conquest/Birthright, and haven't played any since beating C/B last year, so I most likely forgot. But for these time restricted games, they absolutely should have been changed.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Doing zero damage is standard for the series.

The EXP thing is going to be addressed soon.

The character exclusive quests really aren't that big of a deal, since it's not like they're giving out exclusive rewards (It's common practice for gacha games to do this, so FEH handled it better then a lot of titles).

R_N

Doing zero damage is standard for the series.

The EXP thing is going to be addressed soon.

The character exclusive quests really aren't that big of a deal, since it's not like they're giving out exclusive rewards (It's common practice for gacha games to do this, so FEH handled it better then a lot of titles).

yeah if the character-specific quests had like...orbs or even blessings of light, it'd be awful. But they're just great badges, which you can get plenty of from the tower. Also great badges are probably the least used of the badges just due to the associated feather costs.

In comparison, the upper level arena quests are insane

Rakurai

I don't get how the whole tier system for the arena works, but it definitely feels like it's becoming more of a chore to get a decent score with every week that passes, on top of it being harder to rank high.

Feels like almost every other team has Takumi on it in tier 3, and if he's paired with Azura/Olivia, it seems almost impossible to win without casualties save for the AI being exceptionally stupid.

R_N

I've been lucky, only seeing the occasional Azura or Olivia and never with Takumi (though I also haven't seen TOO many Takumi thus far). But I'm also not actively going for score, so I haven't really been kicking myself over losing allies or even touching Advanced.

Incidentally it feels like the best counter to Takumi...is Takumi. You avoid doubles and its really easy to bait him out, then kill on the follow up turn.
I've heard Hector's a pretty good counter too, thanks to amazing stats & being able to counter at range to offset his one movement.

It'd be nice if they introduced more bulky units, but it looks like the next banner is just characters we already have (iirc, data mine says Hawkeye, Fir, Maria and someone else no one cares about)

bobjr

Staff member
Robin I believe is the best Takumi counter right now, as his skill shuts him down.

bobjr

Staff member
A weapon advantage against neutral enemies, and a speed boost he initiates combat, plus a naturally high defense.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Finally got enough materials to awaken Gilgamesh to 6 Stars in FFBE, now pulled Camilla in FEH! Oh lucky Gatcha night! Also got a 4 Star Kagero, so now I can safely replace Beruka and Setsuna with them.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
after rerolling forever, i finally got an account to stick with yesterday. 5* eirika, nowi, and fae. notable 4* include effie and kagero.
gonna try to rank high in this arena bit before it ends, but it's not looking too likely as all my units are still under level 30.

also, the summoning focus that was added today kinda sucks. adult tiki is alright (but young is better), but that's about it. gonna start to stockpile orbs now that i've fully upgraded my castle.

R_N

I've built up another 60 orbs but I'm saving them until there's some nicer focuses available. Ephirham is the only one that really grabs the eye but I have just as much chance as getting some 4* and I have enough 4* lances and infantry swords otherwise. I hope the next update brings in more than 4 people, there's a slew of rando units they should add to the 3 & 4 star tiers.

Also the NoA twitter just revealed that there will be an update in march allowing for Skill Inheritance. No further details on how it works, though I wouldn't eb surprised if it's akin to merging units or sending them home.

Rakurai

I pulled a 5* Kagero recently, and thanks to her, I've been managing perfect arena runs with ease (She can OHKO almost all variants of Takumi with attack buffs, which is the biggest thing).

...Problem is, because I have two colorless units on my team now, their lower stats are making me get matched against weaker opponents, and thus limiting how much points I can get. They really should change things and take into account how well a team performs when weighing how much points they're worth, rather then only considering raw stats.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I've saved up 60 Orbs last week, then used them all. 15 summons, only got shitty ones except for both 3 Stars female Corrin and male Robin. Oh woe is me.

^yeah, Kagero is a straight up beast. You're lucky you pulled a 5 star. If feathers weren't so hard to obtain, I would've already advanced her to 5 star too instead of being stuck at 4 star.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
I managed to get a 4 star Abel to go with my 4 star Cain, but still no luck with Ephraim or Eirika. My sister got both Ephraim and Seliph recently, so I'm just hoping I can get it before Sunday's focus switch.

bobjr

Staff member
Reinhardt apparently has the lowest stat totals in the game, so be wary if you pull him in the new banner.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
i almost have enough orbs for a bigger summon again. i really want olwen since i dont have many good blue users right now but im kind of worried if reinhardt isnt that good that ill pull him instead.

also i finally used up all my feathers and decided to promote cherche. literally every single other 5* i had was a foot sword user (roy x2, lyn, eirika, and seliph) and since i didnt get julia before she went away i wanted a good green unit. i didnt really have anything that could REALLY benefit from promotion so eh.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Reinhardt's cover is that his skills are better iirc. Blazing Thunder's five-turn charge is quickly battered down with the Brave tome, and slams on their Res, which for most people is the weaker of the defensive stats. Also Vantage is always nice. Compared to Olwen's Reposition (Eh) and Warding Blow, which is probably not as good as having Vantage.

Also, 5*s are really annoyingly rare in this game. I've pulled a grand total of three, two were the same person, and they're both mediocre axes. Camilla's bulk is mediocre at best and her damage output from experience often struggles to get the OTKOs her bulk needs, while Hector takes so much damage from a single mage regardless of WTA that he often dies to literally anything after a mage hits him.

R_N

Reinhardt's cover is that his skills are better iirc. Blazing Thunder's five-turn charge is quickly battered down with the Brave tome, and slams on their Res, which for most people is the weaker of the defensive stats. Also Vantage is always nice. Compared to Olwen's Reposition (Eh) and Warding Blow, which is probably not as good as having Vantage.

Also, 5*s are really annoyingly rare in this game. I've pulled a grand total of three, two were the same person, and they're both mediocre axes. Camilla's bulk is mediocre at best and her damage output from experience often struggles to get the OTKOs her bulk needs, while Hector takes so much damage from a single mage regardless of WTA that he often dies to literally anything after a mage hits him.

Camila & Hector are considered some of the best characters in the game