• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I mean, Karla was far worse then him and yet they gave her a special weapon and a good stat spread, so I don't think they care one bit about how good or how bad a character is in their base game. If they wanted they could've easily gave him a not!Rex Hasta lance with DC and some Yu-Gi-Oh worthy special effect, but they didn't and just threw him into the GHB pool with nothing unique to note (at least as far as we know).

I think generally stat spreads do try to reflect what the character was like in the actual games, I'd say it's a stretch to say they don't care at all just because stuff like Karla or Igrene happens. There are always units that don't follow this logic and there will continue to be more, but we know that female characters are more likely to randomly get special treatment just for being female even if they aren't major characters, just because they've decided a banner needs another whale bait female character. It doesn't mean that units like Sue, Sigrun, Edelgard, and Hilda don't exist, who actually do at least somewhat accurately reflect their in-game appearance and also aren't meta-impactful. Even older units like Caeda, Micaiah, Sanaki, and Cecilia are pretty accurate to their main game counterparts.

Male characters usually don't get this same level of treatment lately unless they're someone like Sirius, Osian, or Ced who are more story-relevant and/or have a personal weapon of their own to begin with, but female characters getting better treatment in general is old news. There are clear exceptions like Forsyth (not even that good but SoV is running out of options and he's a bait armor anyway), who are much better than they should be for seemingly little reason, but someone like Heath or Cormag was always less likely to be a notable unit unless they made them a different weapon type than lance flier. It's a bit unfair, but that's just how it is.

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

Stats:
lv_1__40_dread_isle.jpg

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I think generally stat spreads do try to reflect what the character was like in the actual games, I'd say it's a stretch to say they don't care at all just because stuff like Karla or Igrene happens. There are always units that don't follow this logic and there will continue to be more, but we know that female characters are more likely to randomly get special treatment just for being female even if they aren't major characters, just because they've decided a banner needs another whale bait female character. It doesn't mean that units like Sue, Sigrun, Edelgard, and Hilda don't exist, who actually do at least somewhat accurately reflect their in-game appearance and also aren't meta-impactful. Even older units like Caeda, Micaiah, Sanaki, and Cecilia are pretty accurate to their main game counterparts.

Male characters usually don't get this same level of treatment lately unless they're someone like Sirius, Osian, or Ced who are more story-relevant and/or have a personal weapon of their own to begin with, but female characters getting better treatment in general is old news. There are clear exceptions like Forsyth (not even that good but SoV is running out of options and he's a bait armor anyway), who are much better than they should be for seemingly little reason, but someone like Heath or Cormag was always less likely to be a notable unit unless they made them a different weapon type than lance flier. It's a bit unfair, but that's just how it is.

Eh, I'd say that Cormag could've been a notable unit. He was the most popular SS character not in the game yet and we have seen that they have played to that favoritism before with examples like him, so there was no guarantee that he was doomed on arrival like you imply.

That said, I do concede that it was an exaggeration to say that they never pay attention to canon. For many units they do try to play homage to their original stats and roles and that has influenced how they play in Heroes. I think where the issue is (and you kind of touch on this as well) that they haven't really done much to expand on that original role and make them unique or interesting to use. With the previous GHB units we used to have examples like Arvis or Valter who despite not necessarily being unique stat-wise or class-wise, were given weapons that made them stand out and played to their personalities such as using the ploys for the former's strategic nature or getting a pseudo-Fury lance that played to the latter's bloodlust. By comparison, the last five we've gotten Cormag, Travant, Kempf, Heath, and Conrad, none of which had very unique skills, only one of which was given a unique weapon almost out of nowhere, and one of which got screwed completely out of a new weapon because of staying too close to canon. It's a disappointing change from the previous examples since originally they did play to the strengths of the characters, but lately they don't even do that much and as a result GHB has been more underwhelming as of late.

Edit:
Stats:
lv_1__40_dread_isle.jpg

Mixed feelings on Heath. They barely tried to differentiate Heath and Cormag's stat spread much as the only major difference between the two is Res, but that extra Res could be useful for mixed tank builds. It's a weird case where that little variance may matter, but the fact that there still is so little variance shows how stagnant lance fliers have been as of late.

Nils is great though.

Last edited:

R_N

Rath will be demoted to 3-4* after the banner. So unlike past demotes, he won’t be able to pitybreak you when the time comes!
Hmmm okay, this is a good compromise. I'd still prefer a 4 unit banner with a 5th 3-4* unit but we get a 4 man banner with a 4* focus of the demote (with a shot at 5* if you want them) and then the subpar unit can't rsik pity breaking you. Plus a shot at getting a Seasonal while those run.
And hypothetically, a demote in every banner!

The fact they specified every banner is really interesting considering, while "Brave Redux" seems to be retired, they are absolutely going to do a Brave Heroes 4 banner. Will they just make a special exception there (what I think will happen), or will they really make one of the 4 on a 4* focus? Add a 5th unit for a 4* focus? If they DID make one of the 4 the 4*, would it be a permanent demote and have kind of mediocre kits?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
90 orbs and 3 pitybreaks, safe to just stop here and call this banner a wash. Pitybreaks were nice though. Velouria is w/e, but I got my first Altena, albeit -Def, and my first Brave Camilla, albeit -Spd.

Now to just hope this upcoming Leg Hero isn't Micaiah and get me blindsided. We're slowly getting close to completing the full roster of protagonists. Micaiah, Sigurd, Seliph, either Corrin, Xander, Chrom, either Byleth, and likely all three House Leaders, this will get the roster all done sometime next year.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I am very okay with the prospect of these drops going down to 3-4* immediately if only because it means they're doing away with the 4-5* notion and the pitybreaks associated with it. And we know that they'll eventually drop down the current 4-5* units so that'll be even better. I might actually prefer this to the 5th unit additions we got last year just for that alone, and from their perspective it reduces the risk of accidentally burning through a game's roster too quickly so it's a compromise I'm happy with.

The numbers for rolling the new drop are also really good too. You can easily +10 Rath sniping greens in about 400 orbs, less if you're lucky. And if you don't go straight for the +10, you can still pick up a good bit of merges regardless, if I see one of my favorites get that drop treatment now I'd consider getting the +10 outright at release. In the past people often ignored rolling for the drop unit because why bother when they'll drop later anyway, but now there's actually great incentive to roll for them on their release banner which is really cool.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Day 1: 4* Matthew
Day 2: 4* Jeorge
Day 3: 3* Nowi
Day 4: 3* Silas
Day 5: Minerva! And she’s +Spd! I can merge my other one into this new one
Day 6: 4* Leon
Day 7: 4* Nowi
Day 8: 4* Sakura
Day 9: 3* Gwendolyn
Day 10: 3* Maria
Day 11: 5* Nowi
Day 12: 3* Subaki
Day 13: 4* Cecilia
Day 14: 4* Leon
Day 15: 4* Tanya
Day 16: Eleonora! +Res, -Att is eh but she still hits hard with her A skill.
Day 17: 3* Catria

As you can see I have never pulled on reds!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Day 1: Squinting at Oscar.
Day 2: The river of Niles.
Day 3: A "legendary" Mathilda.
Day 4: The father's son.
Day 5: Luke's best friend.
Day 6: Blue-Haired Thunder Girl
Day 7: Perishing Evil Rampaging Idol.
Day 8: Felicia.
Day 9: 3* Hurricane
Day 10: Ephraim................................................'s Girlfriend
Day 11: Est is best.
Day 12: Butler in knight armor.
Day 13: A very Clarine day.
Day 14: Another father's on.
Day 15: Seth to disappointment.
Day 16: Leon's boyfriend(?)
Day 17: I Mae give up on a free 5*.

Used all tickets on the newest banner but didn't get any of the new deals. I only used about 13 orbs though.

But in the last session, I got a 4* Tethys with Spd+/HP-. I can start promoting her, at least. That makes two dancers/singers (Azura) to use until they hit maximum HM.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Day 1: Squinting at Oscar.
Day 2: The river of Niles.
Day 3: A "legendary" Mathilda.
Day 4: The father's son.
Day 5: Luke's best friend.
Day 6: Blue-Haired Thunder Girl
Day 7: Perishing Evil Rampaging Idol.
Day 8: Felicia.
Day 9: 3* Hurricane
Day 10: Ephraim................................................'s Girlfriend
Day 11: Est is best.
Day 12: Butler in knight armor.
Day 13: A very Clarine day.
Day 14: Another father's on.
Day 15: Seth to disappointment.
Day 16: Leon's boyfriend(?)
Day 17: I Mae give up on a free 5*.
Day 18: Big-Eyed Tailtiu

I think I walked out like a bandit in the Double Special Heroes banner. In less than 90 orbs, I scored S!Nephenee, B!Sigurd, and H!Mia.

S!Nephenee is sadly Def+/Spd-. I guess her Spd can be patched up a bit, but still, she's too sweet as a dancer anyway.

B!Sigurd is Spd+/HP-. She is sooo fine.

H!Mia is HP+/Res-. Frankly speaking, she came during an initial 6% rate since I wanted to fix S!Nephenee's flaw. Now I can exploit the wonders of using her in RS.

Oh, and I also got a 4* Matthew with Spd+/HP-. I'll finally be able to use the right one for promotion.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Day 1: 4* Matthew
Day 2: 4* Jeorge
Day 3: 3* Nowi
Day 4: 3* Silas
Day 5: Minerva! And she’s +Spd! I can merge my other one into this new one
Day 6: 4* Leon
Day 7: 4* Nowi
Day 8: 4* Sakura
Day 9: 3* Gwendolyn
Day 10: 3* Maria
Day 11: 5* Nowi
Day 12: 3* Subaki
Day 13: 4* Cecilia
Day 14: 4* Leon
Day 15: 4* Tanya
Day 16: Eleonora! +Res, -Att is eh but she still hits hard with her A skill.
Day 17: 3* Catria
Day 18: 3* Libra

Today I also got a free B!Ike! That makes two Steady Breath manuals I have now.

R_N

I have completely lost track of my free pulls, but I ended on a highlight: I got a brave ike today!
I have 2 or 3 manuals in my backpocket so I think I'll merge this one into my non-free one.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
All these daily banners and tickets, and I only got one 5* free summon out of it. And it was vanilla Reinhardt.

I diiiiid, however, get the remaining Tanyas I needed.
ERF9x2bW4AA3Ezc.png
She was absolutely a pet project lol. I just need to grab LnD4 from someone and pick a better C slot, likely a Rouse, and she's good to go.

R_N

So, this stance banner.
Did they just pull names out of a hat. Why is Thea here?!

And yes I DID get a free 5* Thea

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I got a free Thea too, but I hadn’t pulled a merge in a long time so it’s not the worst thing.