1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Heroes: Where the Peonie Flies

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by bobjr, Feb 5, 2017.

1. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

This Rokkr round is not an easy one. Edelgard basically is a Def fortress because her skills simply favor her a whole lot in a mode where leaving an enemy standing next to her to prevent her skills from triggering is unorthodox and suicidal for the score anyway, so she's forever stuck with 42 Def at worst, 36 Def at best (by default). Her Res is weak and doesn't get any buffs, but the fact is all red tomes can't double her without getting axed to the face (speedy red tomes more often than not have Def in their mid 20s, while the ones that do have over 30 can't double). Oh, and if you think bringing red dragons will work, her Dull Close will say no to their buffs, and the available red dragons aren't fast enough to double her without the buffs they need. I think she has to get mobbed to get a high score.

Hilda is way more manageable, though. But, again, she has high defenses like Edelgard, but at least the miss doesn't deny close combat buffs.

2. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Spring Loki can't reach 150k on Edelgard (somehow she keeps triggering her special and i cant figure out why) but it took a few shots to get 150k on Hilda so not too bad.

3. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]

Superboon is speed and superbanes are attack, defense and resistance. Weird right?

4. AuraChannelerChris

Whoever leads the 2nd spot of worlds with the most damage sounds like a handsome person.

5. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Next round of refines is for Gray, Tobin, Jagen (!!!!) and....Thunderhead Olwen.
    Well everyone else with blade tomes gets super blades and refine so i guess that's not out of place but so far as gen 2 units that want a refine i dunno, olwen's not the top of my list.

And some mroe information about divine codes!
    1. we get 1500 for free when first going into it, that's nice
    2. The character routes are based on related games
    3. The costs seem to be 400, 800, 1200, 1600 and then 2000.
    4. Divine Codes are being added as Rank Rewards in Aether Raids and Tier Rewards in Arena, so we're not just limited to Mjolner Strike to obtain them.
    5. Time Limited Divine Codes ("Ephemera") are around for a month/version update, and hte rewards will change every version. In this case we have access to Spring Camilla, Spring Kagero (300 ephemera each) and 4* Barst/Shanna/Silvia/Oscar/Soleil for 100 each. You have a full 2 months to use your ephemera so the example they give is that Ephemera 3 (for march, presumably) will be available to use until April 28th, but will only work on this set of units. From what I get from this...the Ephemera themselves wont expire, so presumably next March you can use your codes THEN if you still have any, but it will be for different units presumably.

The routes we see are
    Awakening/Fates: Summer Cordelia, Grima-M, Owain, Festival Xander (close counter!), Adrift Corrin (OH. GOOD.)
    Radiance: Leanne, Festival Elincia, Lethe, Bride Tanith, Valentines Greil
    Blades/Sacred Stones: we can't fully make them out but it seems to be Valentines Lilina, Amelia, (Flying) Nino, a lance unit i dont recognie and an axe unit I don't recognize.

The screenshot scrolls down so presumably we have Archanea's conglomerate (maybe with SoV thrown in?) & Jurgdal routes. And maybe a Three Houses route?

6. Dragalge

Dragalge Larry, Buznut, Countey, Astar, Feh, & Eggbert

Don’t forget the other best part of the update: Hiding the FEH Pass quests if you’re not subscribed to it.

RafaSceptile and R_N like this.
  7. Psynergy

Psynergy Strong Winds Staff Member Super Mod

Remember that Thunderhead Olwen is one of the first non-Mist units to get skipped over for legendary banner slots, she may be a decent unit but she could really do with a refine because she definitely doesn't stand out. The increase in Lull skills is also slowly nerfs Blade tomes already so we're way past the point of them being too good at this point anyway. That being said, I'd agree that any of the Fates kids deserve one more so I'm not sure why they keep getting skipped for the Gen 2 unit slot. They're definitely targeting the Book 2 units that really want a refine though so they'll probably get their chance sooner or later. Unironically though I'm looking forward to the Jagen refine, please give him the Tactic lance or at least give him something support oriented because I will instantly build him.

It's nice to see more info on the Combat Manual stuff though, I assume the 3 new ones we see and the two we saw in Feh Channel are the ones we start with and maybe another one we haven't seen yet for Judgral? Hard to tell but the scroll bar on the side seems like it could fit a total of 6 paths, but it's clear they're adding more over time either way since the screenshot sorts by newest. It also looks like pretty much any fodder is fair game since we have both Distant Counter and Close Counter confirmed here, along with Fury 4, Mirror Impact and Fortress Def/Res.

Getting Close Counter requires going through three other mediocre fodder units though so that kinda sucks. Radiance path seems to have the best value at the moment since you get one of the Hardy Bearing daggers, Harsh Command+ (the only 400 SP assist available), and Fury 4, but I'm sure we'll get fancier paths added over time. Leanne and Lethe are pretty bad fodder but they're good units, so if you already have them then they're useful merges at least.

8. AuraChannelerChris

Well, the rounds for this VG are basically a flip of a coin since all of them are rather balanced, including the one with stupid Edelgard.

Unless you're W!Sothis being absolutely murdered by Altina.

That lance unit in the compile Blades section we can't see is W!Ephraim. That's his Christmas hat. The other next to him is LA!Hector.

R_N likes this.
  9. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Fateswakening path isn't too bad, really.
    Grima has Vengeful Fighter and Ward Dragons, both of which are still 5* locked
    Owain has Blue Flame and is another source for Wrath if you don't want to buy & then upgrade an Astram.

Summer Cordelia is the closest thing to a dud, though at least a free Dull Close on your way to the others isn't terrible. It could always be worse. it could be Bridal Caeda over on the fe1-3 horror fest.

10. bobjr

I wouldn’t expect the first unit to have amazing skills in a line. If anything I prefer seasonals in that slot just so I can get them.

11. AuraChannelerChris

Give it to Luke with his refine and its effect will always go off, making him a Brave monster.

Dragalge likes this.
  12. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Yeah by design the first in line is meant to be kind of whatever. But man...Bridal Caeda....is just bad. It's like imagine if Spring Xander was the start of the Fateswakening line

Though "getting" the seasonal is kind of a misnomer. You don't actually get the unit. I wonder if they ever show up in your catalog?

13. Dragalge

Very true although I heard Lull Att/Def can work despite not canceling all buffs too.

I’m interested in Jagen’s refine and if they do something with his great Resistance. Poor Gunter doesn’t get any noteworthy stat to show off like Jagen.

14. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I really hope they just go crazy with their weapon & refine. Jagen in particular just has a ton of things working against him, the res is his only good stat. Gunter is at least casually useful thanks to his solid attack, defense and HP stats; he's still basically worse Frederick but there's something there yo ucan use.

15. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

They have to know how astoundingly bad Jagen is, so here's hoping Veteran Lance goes nuts.

That said, with everything capped out, a +Res Jagen does have an amazing 43 Res. Even if Veteran Lance is a dud, he can Res refine it and hit 48 HP and 47 Res, quite the magical bulk.

It'd be excellent if Jagen straight up got Distant Ward on his weapon refine. Then he can take up Fortress Def/Res on his A slot, a Lull Atk on B slot, and laugh at any magic unit that comes for him with an effective 57 Res on enemy phase. Before field buffs.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  16. AuraChannelerChris

Jagen is much easier to raise than freaking Berkut. The refine will only help Jagen stand out more.

But why did Green Olwen need a refine? Her OG version needs one badly (thought that would also mean giving OG!Reinhardt the same treatment, unless they go the Falchion route and give them different refines).

17. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

The Falchions have different refines because the Falchions themselves are different. Internal coding separates them between the Archanean Falchion, Valntian Falchion, and Ylissean Falchion, so they worked from there to give them their own refines. Chrom and Lucina got the same refine because they use the same Falchion.

Dire Thunder doesn't have this separation. If Olwen gets a refine, so does Reinhardt. They either need to give OG Olwen a separate PRF, or refine Dire Thunder in such a way that Reinhardt won't use it. Maybe a refine effect that works off a speed check or something.

18. bobjr

yeah I’m not sure either, but if they filled in a herodex slot that benefits the part of me that hates empty spaces

19. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

The part of you that wants those squares to be filled AND highlighted, however...

20. Dragalge

I wonder if GHB/TT manuals will be given via Ephemera. It'd at least help save on Grails even by just a small amount.