1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Heroes: Where the Peonie Flies

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by bobjr, Feb 5, 2017.

1. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hello again."

Actually, Gaius's refine sucks. Why the hell would anyone want to give him an AoE special? His Atk is pathetically low to make it work.
    Both have the same effect anyway.

2. RafaSceptile

RafaSceptile Well-Known Member

The Cleaner boost damage with foe's buffs, Broadleaf Fan boost damage with foe's debuffs

[​IMG]

3. AuraChannelerChris

Oops.

4. Taodragon

Taodragon Training Anaylst

So yeah, once again IS shows they're willing to ignore in-game stats if they can make a unique unit out of it, Midori was definitely not that slow and didn't have that high of a strength stat in Fates. It does make for a different bow user, but I wish they'd be more flexible with their other characters so we don't get things like 'Red mage #201'.

But speaking of which, while Iago's statline is typical, his weapon is not as it's basically Conquest Chapter 26 in tome form and that's both amazing and terrifying. I love it when they incorporate the mechanics of the boss fight into the weapon.

5. RafaSceptile

RafaSceptile Well-Known Member

New Special Packs:

EDIT: The Starter Support Pack is still 3.99 dollars

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    TokoyamiTheDark likes this.
  6. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Wow 200 mjolner strike currncies hot dang let me shell out the big bucks for those bad boys!!

7. AuraChannelerChris

Why do they keep thinking 100 grails will amount to much.

8. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

Alright hopefully I get at least a Bl-*gets four red stones and one colorless*

[​IMG]

OK I did get an Ike off of this so it could have been worse but still.

At least I got a free Lilith. -Att, +Res but that does soften the blow of no chance in getting a Tsubasa merge.

9. AuraChannelerChris

I picked a god and prayed for a good summoning circle.

They delivered, as it lacked colorless completely. Picked the lonely green orb since its lineup wasn't crappy...and I got a free Hector like I wanted. DC fodder! And you can tell he's only meant to be fodder because of course he came with Spd+/Atk-.

I have no interest in the "Revelations" banner (seriously, what's so Revelations-y about it? Just picking Nohr lets you get all of them). My orbs went to Bramimond's banner (has anyone realized this Mythic banner is still running because it usually goes away before a New Heroes banner).

...And my efforts paid off. I got a sweet *** Bramimond with Atk+/Res-. I'll be shooting green to have a chance to fix my Thrasir's Spd flaw or get Mamori.

10. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

The only thing that makes it revelation is Rinkah. She doesnt join you on Conquest.

11. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

You could count Lilith, given Revelation is the only path where Lilith's job isn't jobbing.

...They're just trying to stretch the brand name, I guess.

12. AuraChannelerChris

Yeeeaaah. I had a feeling I never saw her on Conquest.

But still, she's not even exclusive to just Revelations. Why not put the people who actually just show (as enemies) only in that route.

13. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Well that's fun, got a 5* Forrest off my first ticket.

I'm not interested in the anniversary banner so I figure hell, I'll go for the 40-pull guarantee. I wouldn't mind Rinkah, she's cool.

14. AuraChannelerChris

...The anniversary banner that outright gives you a guaranteed 5* at no orbs?

15. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

The anniversary banner that runs on the actual anniversary of the series and bringing nostalgic "young" units of the first game in celebration of the first game's 30th year.

AuraChannelerChris likes this.
  16. Psynergy

Psynergy Strong Winds Staff Member Super Mod

Tickets were bad and my free lord was Marth who I've already merged up, so pretty bad luck for me today. Can't complain when my free Summer Lilina this year contributed both to my insane Dark season defense and beefing up my Astra season offense though, and I'd rather have good luck on the Ike rerun anyway.

This Fates banner is weird though because before this they've normally made the distinction of classifying characters as Conquest or Birthright in the trailers, note how regular Fates banners are usually all Birthright or all Conquest. The only ones that had both Conquest and Birthright classifications on a single banner before were Adrift (which was very special for many reasons and also listed Mikoto for Revelation) and the Beast banner, and note how neither of these banners had a drop.

I think the Revelation distinction is their way of justifying for themselves to drop a unit because outside of early release months they've been largely consistent about "characters from multiple games = no drop" on New Heroes banners, because they treat Conquest and Birthright as different games here. This is probably why nobody dropped after the Thracia banner as well, due it also being a Peony banner. It's all an arbitrary distinction but it's mostly consistent logic to their decisions here so that's what I'm going with.

17. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I think the real reason there was no drop on the Peony banner was because they did the fake out with Tanya. Who just auto-demoted rather than waiting to demote.

I really think when they dont choose to demote is entirely on how "special" they deem it.
    Like yeah the Fallen Heroes never dropped. But I think that's less because they're both double banners and more because they're all special what-if alternates that are big imposing and flavorful.
    They don't drop the CYL banners because those are special alternates commemorating a special occasion.
    The Brave Redux banners could have all been from the same game and I 100% guarantee no doubt in my mind that they wouldn't have demoted. THey seem them as a continuation of the CYL banner, so they have special importance placed on them.
    The Muspell Generals (also Ylgr/Surtr) were "special" because they were OCs and that meant no demote.
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions ALSO had no demote and that was from a singular game. I bet its because TMS is a "special" game to them, with a set of characters you look at and see that ah yes, this is special.
    Or the first Three Houses banner? Those were all from the same game, but they marked it a special ocasiona because they're all popular lords.

We've also had a Fates banner that was another mixed: Shiro is birthright exclusive but was on a banner with Seigbert & Soleil, with the latter demoting.

Adrift falls into the same "special" realm as the Fallen Hero & CYL banners do to me: it's a special concept banner they just shove it in the normal pool.

Honestly the kitsune/wolfskin banner is the one outlier to me. There's nothing really special about it at all, outside of the fact that all 4 of them ranked highly. But every other banner? I can see the "logic" to it, as soon as TMS was shown I ddint have to see the units, I knew it was 5* exclusives. And before the reveal of permanent 4* focuses I would even roll out a bunch of other types of banners I expected to be all 5*s; like Ashen Wolves banner (now I expect Balthus to be the 4* (he will be a lance cav unit for no discernable reason)).

-------------
    So to pivot a bit, I find it interesting how the anniversary banner is being treated as a seasonal. All things considered, it wouldn't be that out of place as something like Fallen Heroes or Adrift, right? Heroes portrayed as younger selves with nostalgic outfits, you could easily see these goobers populate the pool.
    I wonder if Fallen Heroes might be retired, or turned into a quasi-seasonal like this?
    we already saw them purposely not a do a Brave Redux last year. And nothing odd like "Adrift" happened again. And the book 3 OCs were made as Mythic heroes instead of put on their own banners.

I kind of wonder if CYL will even happen "traditionally" this year? Like we'll get out free 5*, sure. But do they really want to make on of them a 4* Focus unit? To demote any of them? If they didn't arbitrarily make one of them terrible, that would also mean that one of these units would be really easy to merge to +10. And I have doubts on if they'd want you able to SPark your way into a second freebie.
    So what if they instead shove them into a Legendary Hero banner and just silently add the four of them to the permanent pool that way, like how they handled Byleth-M?

18. AuraChannelerChris

Used all four summon tickets without using any orbs. Not interested to even debut that Sparking feature.

First ticket right away gave me Lilith with Spd+/Res-. Rest was fodder.

...Hoooooooooly crap, this stable girl is busted.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  19. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

I got all the way to Sparking, getting the spring orb packs along the way. Apparently Camilla didn't get the memo that she wasn't a focus on this banner, because she was my most plentiful green unit, and both Adrift AND Brave Camilla pitybroke me 39 summons up. It was kinda deflating to have that rate break twice without a focus unit...

....Until I pulled on the remaining red, and got Midori for the 40th summon.

I then got my free Lilith and peaced out.

20. Taodragon

Taodragon Training Anaylst

I feel the only reason the Anniversary banner isn't getting put into the pool is because it's the anniversary. Since the costumes are based on canon outfits for the characters they're about as justified as Fallen Heroes and more then Adrift, but since this is a big moment for the franchise as a whole they probably want to milk that nostalgia by making them rarer and thus more wanted.

As for the second point I do hope they keep Fallen Heroes a thing. It's really the only way we're able to see examples like F!Mareeta since they're alts of characters that probably wouldn't have gotten one otherwise and do lend to some unique artwork and implementation. Plus for me personally there are a few characters I want to see done in the same way like F!Rajaion and F!Greil, so I want them to keep going just to see what else they'll pull off.