1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Heroes: Where the Peonie Flies

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by bobjr, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Psynergy

Psynergy Strong Winds Staff Member Super Mod

I'd assumed for a few months that Fallen Heroes would be a given but after looking closely at some of the developments in the last few months I actually think we might not get Fallen Heroes this year. Lack of Brave Redux is the big thing, but after seeing them not bring back Picnic either, rightfully killing Hot Springs banner, and also the short-lived nature of the instant 3-4* drops, there's no guarantee that even a popular concept like Fallen Heroes will happen again this year either. Maybe a controversial claim but now that there's expectation for it, it might even be better for them to not do it this year and just do it next year instead.

Another somewhat tenuous point though is the last 3 Houses banner, which definitely was a much older banner that got pushed back if the Forging Bonds writing style is any indication. We haven't seen the bad "everyone talks to one of the Askr trio and the leftover talks directly to the player" setup since the first 3 Houses banners, and now this banner we're back to another quality Forging Bonds. This is more speculative, but I'm guessing this is still a lasting effect of the 3 Houses delay forcing Heroes to adjust its schedule. I would imagine it's not unlikely that something had to get pushed back or canned altogether in order to account for the recent 3H banner though, so I can see Fallen Heroes taking the hit for this.

I do also think it's possible that 3 Houses banner pushed back a Tellius banner in particular though. Both Lyn and Azura conveniently got Resplendent alts during the same month as an appropriate banner, while the other 5* exclusive Resplendent, Ike, happened during the same month as 3H banner. Tellius is likely next in line for a banner anyway and there's only 2 data points supporting this theory so there's no way to validate this, but my point is ultimately that please god just give me Jill already I think there's enough reason to suspect Fallen Heroes may not happen this year. Or at least, not in the next couple months, nothing's stopping them from doing it later this year or just holding off until next year.

Of course, now that I've laid out my speculation for why I think it won't happen I'm fully expecting the next New Heroes to be Fallen Heroes 3.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    R_N likes this.
  2. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

If we do get Fallen heroes 3 I would almost put down money that one of them will be Fallen Maria, from the final chapter of FE3

The other 3 will be big power houses, Maria will have like uhhh Pain+, Martyr+, Swift Winds Balm, HP/Res+2 and Panic Ploy. Can YOU figure out the 4* focus unit?!

3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hello again."

Managed to score myself Mamori with Res+/HP-. She had been my target in her debut banner until all the Kiria talk made me get Kiria instead. Shame I wasn't able to fix my Thrasir's Spd flaw, but I'll live. Mamori having a high rate isn't going to happen again, so this is a victory.

(Hmm, I have 4 units to make an Etrian Odyssey team now...)

4. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

Speaking of Fallen Heroes, the next Jubilee vote is for the Villain You Can’t Hate.

I’m willing to bet these votes are for polling data for seasonal and special banners going forward. Asking for a dancer duet last round was a bit too on the nose. So for this round, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a banner of “Redeemed” or “Didn’t Fall” villains based on these results in the future.

5. AuraChannelerChris

I'm not voting on these only because I would get stupidly spoiled across FE games I haven't played. Ha ha.

6. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

Finally the Arvis fans will have their day

7. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

There's nothing to really spoil, though. It's not limiting it to villains, you can vote for literally anyone. I could vote for Leyla! You know, the dancer from one (1) scene in Birthright.

I was definitely thinking something similar but

Though entire voting event seems based on three houses. Teacher, the dance representing the big ball sequence and now a category catering to Edelgard, the character literally designed for this category.
    I would not be surprised if every other category somehow tied back to it. Like we'll get "a parent you loved but couldn't show it until it was too late" or "your favorite person to lead the church" or "what gremlin would you like to live in your head"

8. Taodragon

Taodragon Training Anaylst

A "Didn't Fall" Banner would be very interesting. With a few of the villains like Medeus or Julius we know they do have positive traits to them whether through certain lines in lore or manual/interviews, but the games barely touch on them so they usually get ignored. Having that set-up for a banner would be a good way to get a view into that part of those characters so we could see who they were before they became the villains we know them as in game. It would also give us a chance to see some of the great designs from Cipher get carried over into Heroes like Garon, or at least get us some unique 'what if' scenarios.

9. Psynergy

So next Resplendent is Eliwood, guess it's safe to assume for the time being that the trend is starting the month with a popular 5* exclusive character (who may or may not line up with the month's banner), and then follow up with a 3-4* with unpopular art. Eliwood is already a strong unit but those extra stats are really going to boost him a ton, I think it's safe to say he's outright better than Brave Roy at this point now (-2 Speed but +1 Atk and a bunch more Res). Managed to pick up Azura and the quests before my sub expired but I guess that's it for me until one of my favorites shows up again, at least for the time being.

It's amazing how even after buffing healers to be usable units they still manage to make most healers unspectacular or outright undesirable. Like, all the worst drops we've had in the past year are the healers, and there's like 4 healers total with personal weapons at all (Loki, Brave Camilla, Bridal Fjorm, Brave Veronica). We may have a lot of mediocre drops that don't add anything new (Thea, Tanya) but at least they're very usable units and sometimes even good. Forrest even had the makings of a good healer solely by being a cavalry unit, but nope he's Leo's kid so gotta make him dirt slow. And now we got Colorless tomes who can use actual offensive specials, unlike healers, how's an infantry healer supposed to compete?

10. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Infantry healers will always have Pain, Melancholy, Flash & Gravity on their side, and the occasional quirky build that wants something like Trilemma....but as you say at that point why not just use a cav healer unless they're unusually built (like high hp for infantry pulse shenanigans) or you just really like the character.

It would be such a shame if healers were just passed over completely for fancy new weapons. Like I guess they must be hard to balance on some level because they're the only class that can ignore the standard turn economy with any weapon at their disposal but gen 1 healers are dire
    They only come with one non-healing skill and I'm pretty sure it's almost always at 5*. And those are gen 1 skills so they're typically not very good. There is a fairly small, until very recently, pool of staves & heal specials so once you have like 5 repeats you're set for life.

The addition of [Staff]+ & [Heal]+ skills helped a lot, as did being able to erefine any standard staff into Dazzling or Wrathful variants but it's time to give them another buff.

11. RafaSceptile

RafaSceptile Well-Known Member

Thea is extremely outdated even in comparison with the other free Generic Lance Flier units without a PRF:

Thea: 37/34/35/31/28 (+Atk)
    Cynthia: 39/33/38/27/29 (Merge Update)
    Shigure: 40/36/37/27/25 (+Atk)
    Sigrun: 38/32/37/28/35 (Merge Update)
    Narcian: 43/38/34/37/18 (+Atk)
    Heath: 41/36/33/34/27 (Merge Update)
    Cormag: 43/37/32/35/23 (Merge Update)
    Travant: 47/37/2741/18 (Merge Update)

Thea is worse than all of they BUT Travant, and those are without PRF weapons, you have units like Cordelia, Est, Catria, Subaki, Clair, Shanna, Est, Florina, Valter and Altena than have better statlines or a niche with their PRFs.

Tanya has a similar problem, but with less heavy competition:

Tanya: 41/33/37/25/28 (+Atk)
    Setsuna: 38/32/38/23/24 (+Atk, +1 extra to all stats by DF)
    Norne: 42/35/36/31/27 (+Atk)
    Clarisse: 39/33/36/26/21 (Merge Update and DF)
    Jamke: 40/38/34/30/18 (Merge Update and DF)
    Corrin: 39/34/32/35/19 (Merge Update and DF)
    Leon: 40/38/31/31/16 (+Atk, DF)

Tanya is better than Setsuna, Clarisse, Corrin and Leon, but worse Norne and Jamke, and even worse than most of Infantry Bows with PRF weapons like Niles, Rebecca, Fallen Takumi, Klein, Leon, Virion and Gordin

12. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

The thing that baffles me about Thea the most is they for some reason gave her the same stance skill as Reyson, who also demoted, and had it be her 4* skill just like Reyson.

If you really didn't want the double Seal skill to drop fine but at least give her a different skill than one you did that year.

13. bobjr

Mustafa is the villain we can't hate, and won't get a banner otherwise.

14. AuraChannelerChris

And we got a calendar.

[​IMG]

Hope you have a lot of orbs because another Double Special Heroes arrives veeeeery soon.

PS: They're going to remove special orb promos after this.

15. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Let's see what we got on deck for those skill baners
    Odd Wave:
    • Attack has lots of solid ones to pick from Ishtar, Loki & Lewyn.
    • Speed has Byleth-M, Yarne & Laevatein
    • Defense. no one in the permanent pool! Well that's easy
    • Res: Mercedes & Berkut
    I think they wont put Lewyn & Byleth on, it'd be a bit TOO god. And we have a solo skill banner, so I think Laevatein is on deck for Speed. Surely we get Berkut THIS time right? So maybe Loki, Berkut & Laevatein
    Solo Skills:
    • Attack/Speed. A TON of users with Hilda, Fallen Corrin, Larcei, Mareeta, Sirius, Yarne. All of these are popular, I could see any of them happen
    • Attack/Defese. Perceval, Edelgard. Edelgard is popular but Perceval hasn't been on any banner yet, seems a good a time as any?
    • Attack/Res. Flora, Kiria
    • Speed/Def. Lethe
    • Speed/Res. Ced
    • Def/Res. Duma
    So Red is really packed here. Maybe something like...Fallen Corrin, Perceval, Ced?

Glimmer:
    • Red: Lon'qu
    • Blue: Peri, Ylgr
    • Green: Beruka, Lewyn, Rath
    • Colorless: Claude, Jaffar, Legault, Sothe
    Ok so lets face it. No one is pulling on this banner for Glimmer. You're doing this to get a better skill. If any of these banners gets Lewyn, I think it'll be this one. Ylgr, Lewyn and then....Jaffar. As the "oh god please no", becaues his added value is he's softretired.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  16. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

Shannan found himself in the last Even Wave banner, so Larcei and Ced are on the table for that Solo banner. Bonus points to Ced for having two solo skills, thanks to not!Forseti having Atk/Spd Solo built in.

TMS hadn't had a rerun on a banner until Mamori just showed up on the last Mythic banner, so this would be an opportune time to run another, and with how much of a pain AR Defense teams are with her around, everyone would like to have a Kiria at this point. But if Kiria shows up, she won't show up on the Mythic/Leg banners for a while.

Double Seasonal will be interesting. Green has been ahead of the other colors as far as getting its seasonals set up, and is ready to start having Halloween and Winter seasonals up. So Winter Sothis might be on this banner.

One very honorable mention for these skill banners is Duo Ephraim. He has Odd Atk Wave. He might show up on that skill banner.

17. Psynergy

This is a very dangerous month for me if I'm committing to +10 regular Ike, especially if that Solo skills banner has Mareeta or Larcei for me to give him Close Call/Repel. Guess I'll need to be cautious of that New Heroes banner in May and make sure I maintain at least 1500 orbs by then just in case. Would be nice if I get pitybroken by Mareeta/Larcei instead just so I don't have to worry about this.

This isn't really the point I was making though. Mediocre units like Thea and Tanya are perfectly serviceable given the right investment even if they're outclassed, so if someone's a big fan of them they'll use them over stronger units regardless and be able to get good mileage out of the investment. Yeah a number of these drops are straight outclassed but the issue I'm pointing out is that healers, infantry in particular, suffer more than most with finding a niche. Lacking skill access, no offensive specials, no personal weapons (except Loki), few advantages over colorless tomes, etc. You can do something with them too just like any unit, but there's very little place for an infantry healer at the moment.

At the end of the day many people are going to invest in a favorite even if they don't have much of a niche, like Haar being arguably the worst axe flier in the game isn't stopping me from giving him all the investment I can afford to give him.

18. bobjr

I do think the average player goes for units they like and builds them rather than going full meta with how they go about units.

19. Psynergy

Today was a very lucky day for me, in just 411 orbs I pulled the 9 Ikes I needed to +10 him with just a -Atk +Spd Sword Reinhardt and an Exalt Chrom for pitybreaks at base rate. Also got two Brave Ike merges on the side so I can realistically look into getting a +10 Brave Ike on his later rerun.

The catch is that I got 0/4 Sophia copies I need to +10 her so that's a little unfortunate but I'll be rolling on that Solo skills banner if Close Call/Repel are fodder options there. Also, I didn't get any +Spd Ikes in those 411 orbs, so I actually rolled for one more Ike to see if I could get +Spd before settling for +Atk because this insane luck afforded me that luxury. Took me an extra 111 orbs but the next Ike after that was +Spd, so in the end I spent 522 orbs for the ideal Ike I wanted at an insane rate. This gives me quite a bit of breathing room this month if the two banners I'm waiting for finally come within the next month...so I hope everyone's ready for Fallen Heroes 3 next month.

20. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

My tickets gave me a second 5* Forrest

Dont feel like merging so I'll just manual for when I want to give Panic+, Physic+ &/or Res Ploy to someone i suppose