• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
It's strange to me that they haven't suspended the banner yet. I remember with Dragalia once they caught wind of their flub they quickly suspended the banner and fixed up the issue so that people didn't mistakenly pull on them. Leaving it up means more people risk getting the pitybreakers they shouldn't be getting, which means losing hard earned orbs and the free tickets on something they probably don't want.

At the very least I agree we should get the tickets back since those can't be replenished, but ideally we'd get a set of orbs to go along with them.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The longer they wait on fixing the banner, the bigger the blowback's going to be if the compensation is pitiful.

Taking down the banner an hour in and giving everyone ~20 orbs as an apology? Maybe. Giving everyone 20 orbs after the banner's been up for 24 hours or more? They won't recover from that.

R_N

Well, going to be honest, did not expect this response to the Hero Fest issue
1. All players will get 15 orbs
2. After the Hero Fest ends, the starter support variant will be tweaked so those old heroes wont show up anymore. This'll require an hour of maintenace apparently
3. Most importantly, if you summon any of the heroes who weren't supposed to be on the banner, you will be compensated with a focus unit matching that color per erroneous summon. You still keep whatever you summoned, regardless.

So if your luck was just, the worst **** and you got like 3 Lukes, a Delthea and a Bernadetta you willl be compensated 3 Sothis and a Duo Ephraim and you get to keep your lukes & delthea.

Helps explain why they left the hero fest up, I suppose, it means that even if you continued to pull and get unlucky you're still going to get the units you (hypoethetically) wanted.

R_N

Day 1: 3* Sophia
Day 2: 4* Raigh

As I pulled for Roy I realized I should have just taken a colorless and try for free QR3. Hey maybe instead of Fire Boost again they could have given Geese that. Just a thought. Just a little suggestion.

Actually both of these Freebie units are just making me think of our earlier conversation about F2P units.
Fireboost is on Lorenz and Ross. Infantry Pulse is on Marisa. IF Geese has IP at 4* that will at least be something, but it's still not great.
MEANWHILE Darros has Earth Boost in 2020, after having Boey with it at 4* and Amelia had it at 5* three years ago and odd defense wave....which is on fellow grail unit Haar.

It's now going from "maybe just a weird coincidence" to definite trend and I don't like this. These grail units & demotes should be carrying more distinct skills.

KillerDraco

TBH I'm okay with their solution for the Hero Fest issue. By FEH Standards giving away free Heroes if you did get an off focus Hero that wasn't supposed to be there while still keeping said Heroes is a pretty generous offer, and I won't turn down 15 orbs for free.

I did manage to get a free Sothis from a ticket but the rest of the tickets weren't worth mentioning.

Got Elincia from yesterday's daily banner, and 3* Jeorge from today's.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
ngl, I'd be ok with this actually being a feature in future Hero Fests. It adds incentive to save up orbs beyond a 2% rate increase, and it really puts the "Fest" in Hero Fest.

As for the Boost skills, it feels like they're going to start introducing Tier 4 Boost skills soon, perhaps on the Brave units. Heath got Atk/Def Push 3 out of nowhere after a year with only Bruno having it, but Bramimond dropped in shortly after with the Tier 4 upgrade. Same goes for Brady bringing back Atk/Res Push 3, only for Leif to have that Push 4 4 months later. Boost might get the same level of redemption, and they're prepping up the grail units to use as resources for them.

Last edited:

R_N

I can believe us getting tier 4 Boosts sooner than later (its one of the big skill sets that despeartely needed a buff) but fire boost...

We have no need of this! You do not need a permanent 3* hero with it, a grail unit with it AND a seasonal demote with it.
This is in addition to the other grail unit who has it (bet you forgot Veliwood had it!)

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Who knows, they might be bringing multiple Boost 4s at once, but with a slight edge to Boosts that need Fire Boost as the first resource, so there needs to be more of it available for it.

CYL is just around the corner, but I'm curious on who the 5th unit is going to be. Last year was a pleasant surprise, having Sigrun escape alt hell and be the TT unit for a Micaiah-focused Tempest. Might we get a Three Houses grail unit to go along with these four? Maybe Ingrid escapes alt hell, or maybe we just get Jeralt or Rodrigue or Judith out of the way now and not worry about fitting those NPC allies into a banner?

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
I got Bernadetta, Nah and Brave Ike on that banner. But since Brave Ike wasn't supposed to be summoneable, does that means I will get a free Nagi? Just wondering...

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I got Bernadetta, Nah and Brave Ike on that banner. But since Brave Ike wasn't supposed to be summoneable, does that means I will get a free Nagi? Just wondering...
Yes you will!

Day 1: 5* Elincia!
Day 2: 5* Roy!...?
Day 3: 3* Clair

R_N

Day 1: 4* Sophia
Day 2: 4* Raigh
Day 3: 4* Fir
Day 4: 3* Hana

The tempest seals are pretty cool. Hone Dragons! Phantom Res!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I like that they're being more creative with the Tempest seals lately, first they introduced Solo seals and now these are also interesting. I don't think Hone Dragons is particularly great as a seal but it's an interesting addition, maybe we'll see the other team-specific Hone skills at some point too. Phantom Res is even more interesting though, it's been ages since the last unique skill as a seal and I never really would've expected Phantom skills in other stats. I'm not sure if any of them are actually worth the slot except maybe Res for Sabotage/Temari users, but if we ever get more stuff that makes these checks useful then they'll be more interesting too.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Better to have niche weird ones than to have simply the next in line for a bond or a stat booster. The last S seal we got not counting stat boosters was Armored Boots, allll the way back in February 2018.

Hone Dragons is straightforward on what it will do, but Phantom Res has quite a lot of applications. Deirdre, FMorgan, and the two Selkies will almost always proc their weapon effects with it, Picnic Flora and Picnic Felicia become even tankier, and Jagen, Katarina, the two Fjalar blood holders, and Lute hit a lot more targets with their weapons. And if Yune can inherit Dive Bomb, then she becomes quite a threat with Phantom Res bolstering her list of Chaos Named targets.

Phantom Res might also combo with Pegasus Flight....but any fast flier that would use it are just going to use Dive Bomb now.

R_N

If either unit in the interaction has a skill or weapon that compares speed, Phantom Speed takes effect.
Doesn't matter if you (the phantom speed user) have Windsweep or your opponent has Windsweep, for example, your speed will be treated as x+10 for the purposes of that speed check.

Phantom skills dont effect things like Chills since that's just checking the base stat across your whole team.

It's a few months old now, but here's a chart a redditor put together of skills & weapons that should come into play https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...ber_phantom_spd_ever_wonder_whatll_happen_if/

The big get here is probably the Ploys, with Arvis & Saias in particular probably enjoying it the most.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
perhaps when phantom def gets released is when leo will finally have his big breakthrough.

R_N

perhaps when phantom def gets released is when leo will finally have his big breakthrough.
show of hands, did anyone else forget what Leo's tome refine actually did other than remove the gravity effect?

Because I definitely dont remember this at allll
Reduces damage from magic foe's first attack by 30%.
If foe uses bow, dagger, magic, or staff and unit's Def > foe's Def, foe cannot make a follow-up attack.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
There's the nature of an ever-evolving meta leading to later refines to having wacked out new effects compared to the first refines, like Laslow's Blade.

And then there's Leo's, mediocre compared to even the first waves of refines. Needing a Def check on a unit with 25 base Def is quite a feat.

Hone Dragons does have one notable benefit: It makes for easier team comps with Naga. If flying Dragons can inherit Dive Bomb, she can set her allies up, have a dragon ally buff her back, and then have Divine Breath's effects give her drive buffs, for a maximum of +15 Atk/Spd, before further buffs from Drives, Swift Sparrow, and AR-O Atk/Spd.

Shame she can't get Galeforce. That would make for a great combination.