• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Where the Peonie Flies

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter

This next New Heroes banner is up for three weeks instead of the typical two.

Perhaps a long requested character is coming up, mentioning no Jills names.

KillerDraco

The Enforcer
Staff member
Super Mod
>Encore! Illusory Dungeon

Dangit Tap Battle, stay dead.

AuraChannelerChris

"How did you manage to faint while standing up?"
Relay Defense(?) is never coming back.

People are going to flock to the New Power banner to get Brave Hector for his fantastic refine, and get Brave Celica after many sacked her for DB4.

AuraChannelerChris

All the tickets and free pulls gave me crap.

By the way, Harmonid amid Chaos banner won and will return this November with its FB.

R_N

So how'd everyone's free phalanx tickets go?
Elincia banner:
-Draug (3*)
-Roy (3*)
-Shigure (3*). This was literally an entire wheel of blues
-Cain

Nailah banner:
-Reinhardt
-Mordecai (3*)
-Ferdinand
-Lukas (3*)
and then i accidentally spent 4 orbs on a damn oboro because i wasnt paying attention.

my orrrrrbssssss

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
One day I will finally pull Elincia, but today is not that day. Nothing much from my tickets except a Tethys merge so she's +6 now, will be +7 with the limited manuals so at this rate she'll be +10 before Nanna (who is still only +8).

I feel like it would be a decent idea to have themed banners like these for future iterations of this mode even without tickets, but the banners specifying "debut" kinda seals the fact that this is all just a special occasion for debuting the new mode. Along with the Grand Hero Party which I'm guessing is a special case just to catch up on the rerun schedule since that's gotten insanely long (did you realize it took 9 months instead of the normal 5-6 for Kempf to get his regular scheduled rerun?). That said, this really feels like too much fanfare for how...un-interactive this mode actually is? Like the 100 trait fruits and free summons are nice and all, but there's really not much to this mode. I'm not complaining about free stuff though, especially the fruits.

Call me desperate and maybe I'm just grasping at straws, but I really do feel like the extra fanfare with these banners is just a convenient way to bait Tellius fans like me who have been saving for a Tellius banner for over a year now, right before they announce the long-awaited Tellius/Jill banner. We even got the relevant Tellius BHB coming later this month too, which has actually been a trend for all of Book 4 (except CYL) apparently!

R_N

One day I will finally pull Elincia, but today is not that day. Nothing much from my tickets except a Tethys merge so she's +6 now, will be +7 with the limited manuals so at this rate she'll be +10 before Nanna (who is still only +8).

I feel like it would be a decent idea to have themed banners like these for future iterations of this mode even without tickets, but the banners specifying "debut" kinda seals the fact that this is all just a special occasion for debuting the new mode. Along with the Grand Hero Party which I'm guessing is a special case just to catch up on the rerun schedule since that's gotten insanely long (did you realize it took 9 months instead of the normal 5-6 for Kempf to get his regular scheduled rerun?). That said, this really feels like too much fanfare for how...un-interactive this mode actually is? Like the 100 trait fruits and free summons are nice and all, but there's really not much to this mode. I'm not complaining about free stuff though, especially the fruits.

Call me desperate and maybe I'm just grasping at straws, but I really do feel like the extra fanfare with these banners is just a convenient way to bait Tellius fans like me who have been saving for a Tellius banner for over a year now, right before they announce the long-awaited Tellius/Jill banner. We even got the relevant Tellius BHB coming later this month too, which has actually been a trend for all of Book 4 (except CYL) apparently!
Even if the tickets aren't there in the future, I would like it if banners still happened. It does feel like another way to get more units out there for people to pull on just like (new) GHBs & Tempests.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
@Psynergy It's time, at long last.

Ilyana joins the Alt-turned-permanent unit club, drops as the 4* demote, and brings in BlarFox for F2P options.

Shinon and Gatrie also join in, making Boyd the very last Greil Mercenary to be out of Heroes, poor guy. Shinon has conditional Close Counter, a new special that should definitely be archer exclusive, and a coked out kit on top of that. Gatrie brings Sandford Spade but a Lance, and a new Fighter skill that basically powercreeps Vengeful Fighter.

And then there's Jill. She brings in Spd/Def Rein, Atk/Spd Push 4, and a Slaying Axe with super Desperation with allies nearby. Fun fun fun.

Petrine's the GHB. I continue to wait for Dawn Brigade.

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Finally, Jill is in the game and unlike poor Haar she seems to be really good! I'm glad I resisted spending more on the Genealogy banner because I have enough to spark her if lady luck is not on my side.

AuraChannelerChris

@Psynergy is either screaming in delight or complaining somehow.

Yup, Shinnon's Special is literally a middle finger towards Brave Ike.

Jill is absolutely amazing. In a way, she powercreeps Cherche.

and a new Fighter skill that basically powercreeps Vengeful Fighter.
Not really. Crafty Fighter has a Guard effect to keep the user alive longer from Specials with 25% HP longer. Vengeful Fighter allows Specials like Bonfire to trigger on the second hit but lasts halfway through the HP. One's more defensive, the other is more offensive.

Last edited:

KillerDraco

The Enforcer
Staff member
Super Mod
@Psynergy is either screaming in delight or complaining somehow.
Which also means you have to find a new joke, since this one has now officially run its course.

Pretty good banner all around, both Shinon and Jill have some pretty fantastic kits. Shinon in particular seems like he's gonna fit right at home in AR.

Thank god the demote isn't another staff user, we've had way too many of those lately.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
In a case of very appropriate type-casting, Jill is voiced by Reba Buhr, who voices Misty in Pokemon Masters.

From one proud red-head girl to another.

AuraChannelerChris

Which also means you have to find a new joke, since this one has now officially run its course.
Hmm, he's gonna enjoy some Jill Sandwich?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter

I appreciate the finer details of putting her Tiger-Laguz Brand on her right breast. That's never seen ingame in PoR.

Her sprite has her with her Flame Lance, so she does come with a PRF.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Everything lined up so perfectly for this banner to come now, I was convinced this banner was going to be the one but it's almost too good to be true. I genuinely was not expecting Jill's banner to be a banner where I actually want every unit there, but here we are. As long as Jill is 175 BST this was all worth the wait for sure, and I barely even need to give her any skills!

And wow Shinon is great, he's definitely my next merge project if I don't just go for the +10 right here. He'll definitely round out my lacking options on Light season, it's really as if this banner was made just for me. I was really thinking about investing in Leif for my next legendary but this banner is going to make it hard for me to not just save for my next legend, might just wait for the October legendary banner instead.

Dragalge

Custom title: If specified, this will replace the
1st circle I got a free Sully.

2nd circle (starting the tickets) gave nothing from the blue circles.

3rd circle got me a +Att, -HP 4* Illyana. Neat start to my new +10.

4th circle I went all out since it had three greens and two blues. The last green circle got me a +Spd, -Res Jill!

5th circle had four blues but were all three stars. Guess my luck ran out getting that Jill with perfect IVs.

AuraChannelerChris

Sooo Petrine's got an interesting gimmick going on with her prf. Her lance will target Res if her HP's over 50%. She is apparently fast enough to be a good fighter anyway, and her prf still inflicts Res -5 (and Spd -5) during combat, meaning she has some use if her foe has high Res. She can basically decimate a lot of swords.

The problem is then when she deals with a mage. Her lance will most likely scratch them until she's low enough on HP, at which point her Atk/Spd Push 3 won't work, half her lance's stat-reducing effect won't work, and her Threaten Atk/Def 2 becomes a bit situational.

EDIT: Pulled on the banner with 30 orbs. Full session in the first free pull and last pull.

Hope gave me Shinon.

Despair gave him Res+/Spd-.

Last edited: