• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Very happy with what Mist got, now she actually helps out teammates just by existing. I don't think there's really a place where she's worth bringing outside of like PvE stuff but she's one of the best infantry healers now by default so that's something. If there's ever a way to make an infantry healer worth using on AR-D though then she'll be a good consideration there.

Finally broke my pity rate just in time on the Mythic banner though, went up to 11.5% and got another Shinon so I have broken fodder to spare now. Guess I'm not +10ing a legend on one banner but +9 is pretty close, guess I save again until Leif's rerun next. May also spark for Reginn merges since Mythic merges are of interest to me, otherwise I'm just keeping an eye out on a Gatrie rerun since the Mist weekly revival is pretty far off.

Speaking of Reginn though, the steampunk theme for Book 5 was very unexpected and significantly cooler than I was expecting. Character designs are very weird for Fire Emblem but in a good way I feel. I like this way better than the designs for the last two books at least, now let's see if this is yet another year of "this looks like it has potential but..." or if they actually do something interesting with the premise they set up.

KillerDraco

I have somewhat low hopes for Book 5 based on Books 2, 3, and 4. Not because of the theme, but because of the storytelling structure. They keep building up to some seemingly important event, it passes when it doesn't work out the way it's supposed to, and then we get a completely anti-climactic final battle in which they somehow win anyway despite the thing not working out earlier. It happened with the rite of ice in Muspell, it happened with the heart or w/e in Hel, and it happened with blowing the horn in Dream Land. They just keep trying to set up these plot points but never end up with an interesting follow through.

R_N

I have somewhat low hopes for Book 5 based on Books 2, 3, and 4. Not because of the theme, but because of the storytelling structure. They keep building up to some seemingly important event, it passes when it doesn't work out the way it's supposed to, and then we get a completely anti-climactic final battle in which they somehow win anyway despite the thing not working out earlier. It happened with the rite of ice in Muspell, it happened with the heart or w/e in Hel, and it happened with blowing the horn in Dream Land. They just keep trying to set up these plot points but never end up with an interesting follow through.

Yeah the structures are really held back by being 13 chapters and they INSIST on not giving anything breathing room. Triandra is Peony's sister and we had like 3 text boxes to deal with that before having to pivot right back to the Kiralphonse situation. Which also didn't even really resolve; was it just what we THOUGHT would happen? Was Freyja just gaslighting us? Is it something that WILL happen? Who knowwwwwssssss!

The final chapters are often infuriating because they tend to put story in every single map. Which is great! I honestly like the end of Book 4 a lot, I think its the best of the 4 endigns we've had by far, but WHY DID YOU NOT DO THIS IN EVERY MAP PRIOR?

Other issue that's more prevalent in books with high casts is too many characters to juggle all the plot beats. This goes back to my first comment (Triandra is really important and has no time to land) but consider book 2, too. Laegjarn & Helbindi came out pretty ok, but Hrid & Ylgr had a bunch of nothing, Gunnthra died before she could even do anything and Laevatein (who...i guess...is queen now?) is last seen sobbing over her sister.

Not that books with low casts dont have their own issues. Eir not being Hel's actual daughter feels uhhhhh, like it should be way more important.

The thing with the heart, though, I'll give a pass. The original world, it working or not working didn't matter because in the end it killed everyone except Alfonse & Veronica. Using it to kill Hel wouldn't have mattered to them at that point. But we can use their heart just fine.

Likewise I think the thing with the dream horn was Kiran was still not wanting to let go of the dream and go back to a world without Alfonse (basically subconsiously wanting to stay in the dream until its brought to light). Also Freyja finally being worn down.
...Maybe? Book 4 was...very confusing, at times. We were going all over the place.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Worth pointing out that Oliver does not need the Herons to actually have Sing equipped for him to teleport. If they can use it, he will teleport.

Eo1OP-SXEAwRrZT

Eo1OP-SXEAY_zKM

This can lead to some silly setups in AR-D. Just have three herons, one with Sing equipped, and have opponents just guess where Oliver’s going.

insanejames

Unorthodox Trainer
I feel that half the problem is that they try and cram in all in a 12 month period Just doesn't work doesn't work with the story they want to tell. With the Hel storyline they introduced that Surtr met her and then never did anything with it. I would love to seeing where she ordered him to kill you and then to everyone surprised he turned and attacked her screaming something along the lines of "they've killed me you have not you earned the right to order me around"
I feel 90% of the story problems could be solved by them not trying to do it in the twelve months given their business strategy they're not going to stop doing that

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Be sure to put Reginn in your regular AR-O team. Putting her in the sixth slot is possible, but it doesn’t boost lift score from her Mythic status, AND it doesn’t contribute to the score buffer you get for losing one unit.

R_N

Be sure to put Reginn in your regular AR-O team. Putting her in the sixth slot is possible, but it doesn’t boost lift score from her Mythic status, AND it doesn’t contribute to the score buffer you get for losing one unit.
You can't put her in the sixth slot without another Reginn anyway

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
EpUrDAsWEAAbQe1

Worked for me when I originally set the team up. And got less points than I was expecting for it when Naga fell.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter

PAPA NOEL SEPHIRAN. It's a Radiant Dawn + Three Houses Christmas affair this year. Sephiran is our second Helaer Armor, and introduces a new inheritable AoE recovery skill in the C slot.

Bernadetta is back as a ranged cav, but with magic this time, and her weapon provides damage reduction.

Hilda is a Lance Armor, debuts Even Followup, and is actually the demote. She's the first unit to bring down an Armor skill to 4*, even if the skill itslef might be locked to 5*

Altina travels forward in time to pair up with PoR Sanaki, making them a Harmonized Hero. Their skill provides Vantage at all percents. Altina's got her feet on the ground this time, and she's got Null C Disrupt to prove it. And she brings in Atk/Res Unity for good measure.

Felix is the TT reward, and is a Blue Bow user.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I had to do a double take when I read the first seal. I thought it was either Def or Res, not BOTH in one. Will it be our first 4-tier seal?
It's going to be the Fortress Def/Res 2 one (think Threaten Att/Def 2 from Petrine)

Speaking of Petrine, I pulled a Lysithea as a pitybreaker going for my last three Ayra merges (got them!) and I was wondering if I should give Petrine Lull Spd/Res 3 from her or to Ilyana.

R_N

Yeah the trick with Fortress Def/Res is it is not Fort Def (or Res) 1, 2, Def/Res it is Fort Def (or Res), Def/Res 1, Def/res 2, Def/Res 3 (tier 4)

It's still extremely handy, but it will not usher in a 300 SP seal. I don't think we'll ever get a 300 SP seal. What I'd like is for it to usher in normally available units with Def/Res 2....