• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
This month is not making it easy for me to decide what I'm doing with my orbs, at this rate I'll just be sparking both the Reginn banner and the Winter banner. I'm more interested in Odd Recovery for Mist than anything though, healers getting interesting skills makes me far more interested in investing in her long-term and may actually be enough for me to actually field her as a support unit in AR.

More interesting seals is always nice to see though, they've been doing so well with that for awhile now and it's great to see them diversifying the kinds of options they're willing to give us. Mystic Boost is an overrated B slot but it's still an extremely rare skill with interesting traits, and I'd say it's another one of those skills that becomes much more useful in the seal slot than the B slot. I was hoping for another Solo seal though there's still New Year banner in a few weeks.

R_N

It's a Christmas miracle or something. I free pulled Harmonic Altina; my first ever Harmonic Hero. They're Spd+/Res-, but she still works wonders anyway. And then, right next to them, I got a dupe 4* W!Hilda with Def+/Atk-. Either she stays or gets foddered off. Her stats are pretty good when maxed out, though...

I would go for Christmas Bernie, but...the fact that this seasonal banner can be sparked but yet lacks Summon Tickets tells me that they'll suddenly drop tickets during Christmas, so I'll hold out until then.
If it was ticket compatible it would still have a little ticket icon next to it and datamine would have found references to them.

Also having "surprise" tickets for a banner with sparking that's been playable for a full week before the tickets were given out, with no indication they're coming, is a good way to make your player base mad.

If anything gets tickets I think it'll be the new years banners

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Didn't they drop tickets out of nowhere on a Brave banner, though?
We knew there would be tickets beforehand because of the datamine. There is no indication of them this time unless an update drops right before Christmas when the legendary banner is live.

R_N

We knew there would be tickets beforehand because of the datamine. There is no indication of them this time unless an update drops right before Christmas when the legendary banner is live.
Also checking through various news posts and log in bonuses, they didn't give any extra tickets for CYL4. The only ones we got were from the FB

The anniversary celebration gave 5 tickets for CYLs1-3 through log ins, but we knew about those ahead of time.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
NY banners get tickets I think

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I went ahead and sparked now given the lack of tickets, got 4 Hilda and 1 Altina on the way to spark and took Sephiran. Also got two Eliwood on the way so he's now +10, that leaves Ilyana as the last unit in the 3-4* pool I care about +10ing for the moment. Unfortunately Altina is -Atk +Spd but I also don't really care since I was never going to use her much beyond Harmonic value. Worst case scenario she can give Atk/Res Unity and Null C-Disrupt at the same time to someone else which is pretty great.

At this point I probably don't care too much if the legend next week is Micaiah or Elincia because it's a Fire legend and a Fire legend provides nothing for me since I already have all other seasons covered. I think the only way I care about this legend banner is if they put Gatrie on blue with a favorable 3rd blue, though I'm in no position to do what I did with Shinon last month either so I'd prefer if he's not there.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'm not sure she's supposed to exploit her own kit, because, while she can ignore Vantage users, she still needs to survive during EP unless she has dancers/singers to keep her safe. Then again, she's literally a slightly better Ophelia on a horse, so her real calling is being put on AR-D teams.

Every color is very good, but blue is just decent because everyone already has Peony.
Honestly, even Peony at least offers a tier 4 C skill which can be good filler for any Arena units one might run.

Unrelated but hasn't every legendary/mythic banner in December also had the New Years units in the datamine?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Pretty good legend banner overall, surprised they went with Lilina but I guess it is about time they start going for more non-lords like her. Even though she...doesn't really do or say anything. Very happy they didn't just throw Byleth in and have back-to-back 3H legends though.

I will probably roll here though, red and blue are both very good though Dimitri is less than ideal for me. Not that this was ever going to be a place where I wanted to +10 Gatrie, still way too far off on that. If I could get like 2 Lilina/Pulse Smoke and 2 Gatrie merges I'll come out of this banner very satisfied, or even any Mythic merges.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Legendary Lilina does put this into perspective.

unknown.png

These are the characters IntSys deems to be protagonists, and with the arguably understandable exceptions of Tiki, Azura, and Ryoma, and certainly the exceptions of the Three House lords, all the Legendary units have been part of this group. They would have always been, but Lilina does shed some potential light on who else can get a Legendary alt.

Expect Legendary Sothe, Nanna, Caeda, Ninian, and Tsubasa in the future.

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa

unknown.png

These are the characters IntSys deems to be protagonists, and with the arguably understandable exceptions of Tiki, Azura, and Ryoma, and certainly the exceptions of the Three House lords, all the Legendary units have been part of this group. They would have always been, but Lilina does shed some potential light on who else can get a Legendary alt.

Where did you found this? Wasn't that event last year? And is there something newly discovered about Christmas presents in the app?

R_N

unknown.png

I also presume Itsuki will show up, he's just excluded here for being a Grail unit (& thus not allowed to be summoned, see also girl robin).
& frankly I expect at least Xander to show up, even if Ryoma isn't here not here. He's the Conquest important leading lord, after all.
Mist should also, frankly, be on the table...she's pretty important...but we've plenty of tellius to burn through first so we'll cross that bridge later.

Also honestly I'm not surprised at Lilina. I've figured something like this was bound to happen. Tiki & especially Julia all go in a similar wheelhouse and it opens the door to more girls.

Some expectations:
-Sothe will be in his Whisper attire
-Elincia will go Queen. I'd like more staves so flying queen would be cool but honestly I doubt they'll leave the opportunity to give powercreep super amiti a rest....
-Micaiah will use her Queen of Daein attire used in Cipher
250px-B20-051.png

It also wouldn't surprise me if she uses a staff, maybe even the one featured here (though the card itself is a tome). Micaiah has mastered the tome and now master the staff, you see
-Nanna will be a paladin, wielding the Earth Sword. I expect one of her cipher arts to be the basis for the paladin design.
-Male Robin will be a grandmaster with the Levin Sword. If I keep saying it, it'll be true eventually
-While there is a promotion system in TMS, I think Tsubasa herself will forgo the carnage form and use one of her outfits. Her "ultimate" costume would probably be the wedding outfit but that...doesnt really fit the legendary vibe so I think they might go with her debut outfit; her weapon will likely be the Ethereal Feather. As for her mount (& Caeda's design) her options were Falcon Knight & Wyvern Knight; i'm guessin she'll stick with Falcon.
-Itsuki will obviously be his form from the end of the game & I assume Chrom will be decked out in his Great Lord attire. I think he'll get his ultimate weapon, the True Falchion.
-Caeda will go the Falcon Knight route, but I think her design will have a more "royal" flair to it since it'll be her after the war is over. Maybe they'll finally give her the winged spear, heh. It would be fun if they went the more classic wyvern knight, though, and gave her the winged axe.
-Chrom will be in his Exalt robes, seen in both Warriors & Cipher. It'd be nice if they gave him a spear just to break up all the swords but....
-For Ryoma they put him in a new class complete with brand new design (I assume for variety) so I think it'd be nice if they went hte same route for Xander. Sadly I think they'll just put him on an even fancier horse with an even fancier armor, or just one based on Garon.
-Sigurd will get an original outfit slightly based on his father (since he was already promoted)

R_N

Update's out, but they didn't include the new year heroes this time. We'll just have to wait until next week, alas

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Also, while not confirmed, it is implied that the first eight legendary heroes released will be removed and be put into another way of being summoned. At the least, you do not have to worry about L!Ryoma and L!Lyn taking up spots in legendary/mythic banners anymore for the time being!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Tickets gave me a Winter Ephraim, guess I can give Bold Fighter to Gatrie or something. Also rolled further on legendary banner for a Plumeria and Dimitri, if I get another Dimitri I may just have to ditch Gatrie merges on this banner but I'll probably go further for at least a merge on Reginn or Plumeria.

The older legends being undetermined is very good news though. Hopefully this is a sign of potential legendary hero refines too, Ragnell, Raijinto, Expiration, and Flame Siegmund refines would be particularly nice given those also exist on non-legendary units. I wonder what they're actually doing long-term though, legendary hero value is still a thing here and some of these characters are very popular even if the units are sub-par. Guess we'll find out whenever the anniversary Feh Channel hits, since that would line up well with the next mythic banner (which previously had Ike scheduled).

After this banner I'm just going to be saving to +10 Leif now that I know Grima won't be there to ruin things. Gatrie definitely won't get another rerun for awhile unfortunately so it's not like I'm saving orbs for anything in the near future outside of Mist in 5 months.