• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

R_N

I'm pretty excited for the April changes they have lined up. Defense maps, reifnrocement maps, ways to lower feather costs, arena match up rebalances. neat stuff.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
According to this tier list, Ninian's the only new unit in the banner to get an S or higher rank, so yeah I'll save 50 Orbs for next banner, and I'm not really fond of Dragons. Sucks Xander is early May.

R_N

According to this tier list, Ninian's the only new unit in the banner to get an S or higher rank, so yeah I'll save 50 Orbs for next banner, and I'm not really fond of Dragons. Sucks Xander is early May.

tbh I'd probably put Arthur on par with Anna & Narcian.

I also feel like Felicia should be higher. Her power's low but she's a solid mage killer with good support skill set and her big skill is bonkers good. I'd certainly user her over Saizo any day, even if he does have an actual attack stat. And oh baby once skill inheritance comes into play...

Also wasnt Olwen supposed to be better than her brother? Who was supposed to be one of hte worst charactesr? What happened with that.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
He's "bad" in the sense that he leads to a bad arena score because of his low totals. He's not a bad unit in most other regards, since blue tome units aren't exactly common for high tiers.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
What other tier list do you use? That's been the only one I've used since playing.

Skill Inheritance. Sucks the launch period is now done, so no more daily 2x Orb freebies :(

My bad. It's quests for the training tower. Lots of Orbs to get!!!

Last edited:

Rakurai

Skill inheritance, AKA "Put Vantage on everybody" is going to create a much bigger power divide between F2P/C2P players and whales then 5* units on their own did.

Good thing I have three Lon-qu ready for that purpose.

R_N

Those 10th Stratum missions are outright murder/for wealthy people only at this point.

yeah those are insane. Not just beating the 10th stratum, or just beating it with a team of 4 fliers/horses/infantry/colorless, or doing it without anyone dying or even doing it FIFTEEN TIMES

EACH

but ALL of those factors!

It really does feel more designed for the whales simply because they probably have a good spread of those types of units to take to the 10th stratum in the first place.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Honestly, I like skill inheritance. Helps keep the units I like as usable. Granted seeing Vantage everywhere will be a pain in the backside, but there's a lot of things you can do with it to make the mediocre units better. Start throwing Death Blow and Darting Blow around a lot more, start building concentrated threats, hell maybe it could even make Hana somewhat usable. Who thought that giving the squishy myrmidon Life or Death and Obstruct was a good idea?

Also, it's not going to be some huge screw-you to the F2P people because they can't keep competitive, it's going to mean that whales are going to end up in the arena against other whales and F2Ps are more likely to be fighting other F2Ps, which is honestly probably better for the players.

Last edited:

R_N

Honestly, I like skill inheritance. Helps keep the units I like as usable. Granted seeing Vantage everywhere will be a pain in the backside, but there's a lot of things you can do with it to make the mediocre units better. Start throwing Death Blow and Darting Blow around a lot more, start building concentrated threats, hell maybe it could even make Hana somewhat usable. Who thought that giving the squishy myrmidon Life or Death and Obstruct was a good idea?

Also, it's not going to be some huge screw-you to the F2P people because they can't keep competitive, it's going to mean that whales are going to end up in the arena against other whales and F2Ps are more likely to be fighting other F2Ps, which is honestly probably better for the players.

I'm guessing the reason they didn't roll out the arena changes now is so they can gather data on the more used/broken skills so a better split between players can be achieved when they look at their values. Whales (or lucky people with lots of min/max tendencies) get into a high risk/high reward situation with their upper tier stuff, the f2p players fill in below and the new arena prize structure lets them still get decent prizes

theoretically, anyway. they could always mess it up still, i suppose.

R_N

Man I'm so glad i have like 4 repeat arthurs. Yeah I have to pay out for the B Lancebreaker since they're all 3 stars, but being able to pass that along to any of my non-sword dudes is really cool; upgraded an arthur and gave Camilla Lancebreaker A & B and swap for kicks.

Anyone know of what some good skills for Sanaki might be? She has like 650 SP because I have no interest in the triangle adept skill line

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Literally any unit in the game likes Darting Blow. Especially Sanaki as iirc her Spd is a bit lacking. Other than that, she lacks a purple and a B. Given her squishyness, I'd personally put the purple as something like Noontime or Reprisal. Maybe Moonbow if you think it'll help, but imo Moonbow and co. are much better with physical weapons than they are with magic. As for the B skill, the obvious one is Vantage, although I suppose Seal Atk could be handy if she's not getting OTKOs.

And I for one don't mind them giving us lots of free orbs. Especially now that there's a better use for duplicate 3*s, we can always use more...

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I got a few Selenas and Stahls so I'll probably transfer Repositions and Swaps to the Armored units so that they can move around and complete that asinine "Complete 10th Stratum without anyone dying" mission for armored units.

I got a lucky +Atk Effie pull this morning so I've got an Effie riding on Hone Armor, Ward Armor, Wary Fighter, and probably gonna transfer a Brave Lance over to her from someone.

R_N

Speaking of that armor mission, this is the SECOND one of these this month of requiring a team of 4 armors.

There are 5 different armors in total. One of those is locked behind a 5 star and only one of these (Effie) has gotten a focus. Manaketes are in a similar position but those are rarer in the main games and there haven't been any quests requiring...any of them, actually.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Well technically you can use doubles but still that's a dumb mission.

R_N

Literally any unit in the game likes Darting Blow. Especially Sanaki as iirc her Spd is a bit lacking. Other than that, she lacks a purple and a B. Given her squishyness, I'd personally put the purple as something like Noontime or Reprisal. Maybe Moonbow if you think it'll help, but imo Moonbow and co. are much better with physical weapons than they are with magic. As for the B skill, the obvious one is Vantage, although I suppose Seal Atk could be handy if she's not getting OTKOs.

And I for one don't mind them giving us lots of free orbs. Especially now that there's a better use for duplicate 3*s, we can always use more...

I have a few darting blow florinas, i think she gets the full suite at rarity 4 so i'll probably get on that. I just went with Moonbow & 2 levels of defiant defense since i had a spare level 3 beruka.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I have a couple Lon-qus as well (3-star) to grind up for Vantage sacrifices now, haha.

5 star team remains Lyn/Nowi/Takumi/Ephraim, and I have enough feathers to upgrade a 4-star to 5 as well, but not sure who to go for given the range I have. (Roy, Stahl, Nowi (adult), Tharja, Oboro, Sully, Catria, Subaki, Anna, Raven, Hawkeye, Sheena, Cherche, Cecila, Jeorge). Some of those I can pass their skills on as well I suppose, so those training tower quests will be good for that. :V

R_N

I had a spare Gordin and I forgot her had Vantage. It was only level 1 but I went ahead and gave that to Nino

does anyone actually bother with Life & Death? Maybe it's just my play style but so many maps come down to "take a hit to lure someone closer/hit/kill them inreturn" that I couldn't imagine giving ANYONE -5 defense and resistence.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
There's a special 45 minute long early Grand Hero Battle for Michalis going on at 4:15 am Pacific time tomorrow (8 hours 10 minutes from the time of this post).

There are rewards to be given for completing this early event within the time period, based on the number of victories:

Hard or Lunatic

10,000 or more: 10 Stamina Potions
20,000 or more: 5 Orbs
50,000 or more: 5,000 Hero Feathers

Lunatic-only

5,000 or more: 5 Orbs

Should be easy to do, and Europe players will be the bulk of the victories since this happens midday for them (12:15 pm London time). But every one person helps.