• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

R_N

There's a special 45 minute long early Grand Hero Battle for Michalis going on at 4:15 am Pacific time tomorrow (8 hours 10 minutes from the time of this post).

There are rewards to be given for completing this early event within the time period, based on the number of victories:

Hard or Lunatic

10,000 or more: 10 Stamina Potions
20,000 or more: 5 Orbs
50,000 or more: 5,000 Hero Feathers

Lunatic-only

5,000 or more: 5 Orbs

Should be easy to do, and Europe players will be the bulk of the victories since this happens midday for them (12:15 pm London time). But every one person helps.
It should be noted this is likely only for Japan, specifically.

The NA notification board and twitters haven't mentioned this at all.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Turns out it was worldwide. Surprised they didn't notify people worldwide for this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7XDfQ7V4AEKOGC.jpg:large

Hard map's done, Lunatic map seems possible. You have to have a tanky green unit and a ranked red unit though, from the looks of it; can't let Michalis get a Blazing Thunder triggered.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The Lunatic one looks like it was barely met, but it really wasn't advertised anywhere but Japan's social media.

R_N

The Lunatic one looks like it was barely met, but it really wasn't advertised anywhere but Japan's social media.

I noticed that the notice for Michalis is gone now

Which makes me think the NA & EU ads messed up. That the ad wasn't supposed to advertise the upcoming battle on the 24th, it was supposed to advertise the special 45 minute event.

e: Man the Cavalry mission is such a pain. There's so much that can go wrong. Infantry is a breeze because you get access to just about everything. Bows, Daggers, Healers, mages of all types, dancers (!), the full weapon triangle with a laundry list of good units. Assuming you have enough at high level its pretty easy to switch around and find a good team that works for you.

Cavalry are in general more limited, primarily physical, and the horse mages & healers are in shorter supply and general not as good (To make up for having a horse). It is really easy to get stonewalled by armors (or worse, DOUBLE HECTORS WITH A HEALER)

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
You think doing it with cavs is hard? There's no ranged armors or fliers as it stands, and there's only five armored units total. I'm not sure how much of a reality check IntSys had when they put those up.

R_N

You think doing it with cavs is hard? There's no ranged armors or fliers as it stands, and there's only five armored units total. I'm not sure how much of a reality check IntSys had when they put those up.

yeah the armor mission is absolutely absurd. Ignoring for one second how they can only move one, not every armor is created equally. As much as I like Draug, he has fallen off a cliff and even his amazing defense is offset by the tower throwing constant waves of enemies that can double you and have like 50+ attack while you do piddly damage in return. Effie is a giant wonderful beat stick with a good skill set, but has seemingly lower defenses to compensate. The one saving grace of an armor run is you get Hector, the counter attack king, but he is, as I've mentioned several times as I descend into madness, locked to 5 stars. Gwendolyn exists.

I'd argue that range isnt as much an issue for flying units just because they can ignore terrain and all the ones i have seem to have solid skill sets without bring in inheritance. At least they have herons in their future and arguably Aversa & Reina, but who knows when they'll exist.

I'dl ike it if they would mix things up for healers sometime. Like give offensive units access to the heal command, but maybe only ever the low level heals? That would give access to support falcon knights, let characters like Libra use their signature axes while doing the "monk" part of their title, etc

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Wendy does get access to Hone Armor, which can be useful for getting Draug and Effie and Sheena the Atk they need to muscle through. But, this quest does seem designed to make you get creative with skill transfers, which is all based on luck anyway.

The real crime here is that the game demands you complete 15 of the fights. If it was brought down to 5, this would be a lot more feasible - not just because of the lower number, but because backing out of a map that went wrong won't make the sting of losing 9 Stamina hurt more knowing every victory is 20% through. Especially in a F2P game that has no means to directly acquire Stamina Potions to keep the slog going.

R_N

Wendy does get access to Hone Armor, which can be useful for getting Draug and Effie and Sheena the Atk they need to muscle through. But, this quest does seem designed to make you get creative with skill transfers, which is all based on luck anyway.

The real crime here is that the game demands you complete 15 of the fights. If it was brought down to 5, this would be a lot more feasible - not just because of the lower number, but because backing out of a map that went wrong won't make the sting of losing 9 Stamina hurt more knowing every victory is 20% through. Especially in a F2P game that has no means to directly acquire Stamina Potions to keep the slog going.

I think a decent compromise would have been 10 fights, but you can let someone die.

also there is my nintendo, at least. I can buy like...20 potions right now, if I wanted to. And I have like 12 of them in stock. Still you only get lets say 5 shots at it every potion?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
6 per stamina gauge is feasible, since the recharge timer doesn't stop during the fights themselves.

It may just be ideal to check the 10th Stratum fight, see if the weapons there match favorably for your squad, and if they don't, go fight on Starter Stratum, get EXP for a healer for five minutes, and reset the lineups.

I've got 4/15 Armor fights completed. Ward Armor and Hone Armor truly do go a long way towards getting the fights done, even with 4* units. I also have a Wendy with Reposition on hand to to drag my second Wendy or Effie down if they're getting low on health, or if said Wendy is running low on health herself.

I suggest transferring a Brave Lance to Effie. You NEED to be able to drop at least one enemy in a single fight, so you don't get overwhelmed.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7hXK96VwAEnnx4.jpg

That took far longer than was necessary, but it's done. Reposition, Ward Armor, and Hone Armor saves lives.

Still have the infantry, fliers, and cavalier missions to wrap up, but those are potentially easier. Infantry because I have 4 5*s ready to go, Cav because I'll have a 5* healer in Priscilla serving as backup and Jagen supplying Hone Cavalry, and Fliers because Catria wins games on her own.

R_N

Infantry is loads easier, you should have no problems assuming you have even a smattering of decent units. And if you have something like Nino, Takumi or a dancer it's even easier.

I'd get around to grinding my armors and cavs up, and looking into what skills to pass along, but it makes more sense to save grind for april and whatever april quests bring. That way I can build up hero merits and start lowering promotion costs

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Yeah, I finished the Infantry one just now. Pretty simple stuff. Now to get the Cavs and fliers to level 40 and work on them.

The Early Grand Battle Rewards are up, and now those 10 Stamina Potions can go toward completing the new Lunatic Quests. 20 orbs for completing the Lunatic Modes of all of Chapters 1, 5, and 9, in perfect runs. All chapters take a combined 251 Stamina Points, so you're either burning 5 Potions in one go, or you can space them out over the next two weeks.

R_N

Yeah, I finished the Infantry one just now. Pretty simple stuff. Now to get the Cavs and fliers to level 40 and work on them.

The Early Grand Battle Rewards are up, and now those 10 Stamina Potions can go toward completing the new Lunatic Quests. 20 orbs for completing the Lunatic Modes of all of Chapters 1, 5, and 9, in perfect runs. All chapters take a combined 251 Stamina Points, so you're either burning 5 Potions in one go, or you can space them out over the next two weeks.

goooodddddd, 9 will be a nightmare. At least you can cheese it with light blessings, i guess.

e: burned through some potions for all of chapters 1 & 5 (plus half of 1 again because I missed the special "use a ____" criteria) and 9-1.
I now have up to 4% for a 5 star/ 5 star focus. I'm tempted to use my other 20 orbs now on it, since I have a good chance of getting something cool & I don't want it to go to waste but I really don't want that 4% chance of getting a Rebecca or Priscella.

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Some of these 9-x challenges are going to be hell. I haven't cleared any past 9-5 because my squad of Laslow/FCorn/Camilla/Hector kept getting whacked in 9-2. Although I did bump my Lilina to 5* so I'll try when I've got her up to level, and I already have Kagero sat in there. Might have Jaffar on the side ready for when there's armors I need to do 11 postcombat damage to. Did I mention Poison Touch Jaffar is bonkers? Mine only has the level 1 version too. If you can find the level 3 one, you're doing... I think it's close to 20 postcombat damage? Enough to threaten anything.

R_N

Dang, I was so close to beating the lunatic map with Azura, Takumi, Narcian & Eldigan. Narcian lures & kills the flying lance, lures Michalis down along with the flying sword, next turn takumi is below michalis to lure him over for free damage while azura is below the sword to take minimal damage and she can dance for narcian to send him out of harm's way and to the other lancer. Eldigan lures/attacks the cavalier. Then Azura moves to the left, kills the sword; Takumi with vengeance eats through most of michalis' HP; Elidigan attacks, killing him. All that's left is the cavalier!
But Eldigan, after the fury penalty, was at 16 HP. Exactly enough for the last unit, a cavalier that elidgan would have killed in retaliation, to kill him.

He's only level 38 so I'm hoping that while I grind up his SP for Vantage 2 (I upgraded a Gordin) he might get an extra point of defense.

I wouldn't normally bother with this, but an extra Iote Shield, even if it costs an extra 2k feathers, is super good. The only shame is its an A Skill so it shares competition with darting/armored/killing blow and its ilk.
e: also i find it so funny that the ONLY thing Michalis gets out of being a 5* is his special weapon. Everything else, even iote's shield, is tucked away in 4* I know it's pretty common for units like this but still

e2: took another three runs to get the strategy down pat (forgot to move takumi & azura over to the right to get the guys to come down properly) but level 40 Elidgan was able to survive the needed hit.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
7/15 Cav fights done. Running a Stahl/Jagen/Gunter/Priscilla team.

I transferred the gemstone weapons to Jagen and Gunter to complement Stahl's Ruby Sword. Cavaliers have ho-hum stats anyway, so I chose to take advantage of their mobility to pick and choose the fights that give them the best advantage. If they're going to be doubled, may as well make it 0x2 as much as possible.

I promoted a second Gunter to 4* so Hone Cavalry could be transferred to Stahl, so now everyone runs on +6 Atk/Speed every turn, while Jagen supplies +6 Res/Def with Fortify Cavalry. Stahl has Dragon Gaze, Jagen has Swap, Desperation, and Chilling Wind to abuse his great Res, and Gunter has Night Sky and Lancebreaker.

Priscilla has Fear when fighting teams without staff users, Assault with them - Priscilla running on a Hone Cav boost can beat nearly any staff user that's not using Panic.

The team's been working good. Biggest issue is if a mage gets to Gunter first, but hey, Priscilla's Rehabilitate covers any other wounds, including Jagen's Fury penalties.