• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Zora

perpetually tired
I'm expecting just a normal new heroes banner, specifically sacred stones.

There are two events adjacent to the banner: GHB and forging bonds. I think it's safe to infer we'll get five new units; four on the banner who'll also appear on forging bonds and one as a GHB unit. This was true for last Awakening and Fates banner; CYL only did a forging bonds event and obviously couldn't have a GHB. But a farfetched heroes banner could only introduce four units; either the banner itself has three and the GHB is counted during forging bounds or, more simply, farfeteched heroes has nothing to do with the current banner.

At the same time, Sacred Stones is getting a lot of unexpected love with a Ephraim/Myrrh BHB with a surprisingly generous banner. Plus, Selena the Flourspor just strikes me as perfect choice for GHB. Tethys will probably mainline it. If I were to guess, Cormag and Deick will also appear, along with etiher Ross, Colm, Ewan, or Franz as a demote.

For story purposes, I expect a paralogue that they did during the book i/ii iterim.

R_N

New banner trailer is up

Brave HGeroes Redux

Kliff 9blue infantry mage), Loki (just loki, no tricks), Owain (sword infantry)

e: Aversa is in the trailer too so she's the GHB probably

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's pretty much Farfetched Heroes with a shiny name.

Loki is a sweet healer with yet another Duel Infantry skill.

Kliff has an amazing dual Fortress skill that's begging you to be put on Azama or your favorite balanced tank.

Owain is pretty much exploiting bond skills.

And Aversa is the GHB unit.

R_N

I like how lacklusiter Kliff kind of is?
I mean yes yes his, power crept Fortress skill is cool and Chill Speed is always useful but fortify res as the c skill & growing light as the special is just blatant "we need an excuse to keep this 5*" since no unit with a full suite of skills has ever dropped.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I like how lacklusiter Kliff kind of is?
I mean yes yes his, power crept Fortress skill is cool and Chill Speed is always useful but fortify res as the c skill & growing light as the special is just blatant "we need an excuse to keep this 5*" since no unit with a full suite of skills has ever dropped.
His kit is supposed to force him into triggering his tome's effect. If it doesn't, he's still pretty bulky in taking hits (assuming he is naturally bulky).

R_N

His kit is supposed to force him into triggering his tome's effect. If it doesn't, he's still pretty bulky in taking hits (assuming he is naturally bulky).
yeah but fortify res?
really?
of all skills?

Lackluster is too much (his weapon, a skill, and b skill are all fine) but like it's more useful than Olwen rounding her (also lackluster) skill tree out with green tome exp, but it's so blase. Even owain comes with a gimmicky special and dual spur.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Stats are going to matter but Kliff just looks to be a really specialized unit rather than one you just plug in and play as.

I'm kinda surprised we're getting Loki now though, considering she's a factor in the story still.

R_N

Stats are going to matter but Kliff just looks to be a really specialized unit rather than one you just plug in and play as.

I'm kinda surprised we're getting Loki now though, considering she's a factor in the story still.
otoh Loki, trickster that she is, also makes perfect sense for joining you while still messing with you in the story.

Also if they didn't go with Loki they'd have to go with Charlotte and leaving the top 50 for this is about as unacceptable as giving us a beast unit, clearly.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Better to get Loki out here now.

**** me if Loki wasn't and then won CYL3 because of it.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I had prepared myself for the possibility of this banner being a Tellius banner blindsiding me, so I'm pleasantly surprised this is not the case. I've been sort of interested in Kliff but my interest in him has fallen over time so I'm not going to be rolling for him past the free circle. He's definitely the least impressive-looking of the bunch so I'm definitely not hoping too hard for him. A little surprised they're tossing us Loki like this so quickly, along with that duel skill, but sure why not. These characters minus beast units are definitely the highest ranked units from CYL2 not in the game though so I do have my suspicions on the next banner after that being a potential 3.0 update? If not that then please just give us Binding Blade finally.

With that said I'm taking that as an excuse to build Sheena once and for all since my feathers aren't going anywhere soon. Also decided to 5* an Oliver and turn the rest into Combat Manuals so that I could check that meme off the list and not feel the urge to merge the rest later.

R_N

If the next banner is 3.0 it better have beast units

like come on now intsys, this is getting ridiculous. I think the only reason they didnt make a show of their placements on the CYL2 this time is because it would make it really obvious they skipped over the beasts.

Zora

perpetually tired
How should they introduce beast units? Just have an ensemble banner with, say, Kaden, Ranulf, and two other beast units? Or focus on, say, Tellius first and just have a beast unit included in game-themed banners here and there?

R_N

How should they introduce beast units? Just have an ensemble banner with, say, Kaden, Ranulf, and two other beast units? Or focus on, say, Tellius first and just have a beast unit included in game-themed banners here and there?
ideally they should just dump a bunch of beasts at once. A Beast banner with a beast GHB and also they should add extra beasts into the 3-4* pool. They're a new unit type and shoudl at least have parity with dragons & armors were at release.

realistically it will be the latter. 1 (MAYBE 2) beasts on a banner themed after tellius, fates &/or awakening. Probably have an alt and character related to the beasts. Like if it was tellius you could have one of the branded get an alt, that one (also branded, i think) guy in the desert chapter and Tibarn.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Stefan is indeed Branded. Lion Laguz Branded, at that, so tying him in with Beast Laguz would be a good choice.

Ideally a new PoR banner would include a Laguz like Lethe, a Branded like Stefan, and a Beorc like Jill. The three general races of Tellius, each that initially had clear disdain for the other races, but ultimately got over the biases.

R_N

Stefan is indeed Branded. Lion Laguz Branded, at that, so tying him in with Beast Laguz would be a good choice.

Ideally a new PoR banner would include a Laguz like Lethe, a Branded like Stefan, and a Beorc like Jill. The three general races of Tellius, each that initially had clear disdain for the other races, but ultimately got over the biases.
I specified Tibarn because he's in the top 50 and, adjusting for characters now in the game, 4th most popular not in the game.

literal trash

Kaiser (please refer to me as this)
Sure Kliff and Owain are cool, very popular characters, but I want Python, since he's my favorite character from Shadows of Valentia.