• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I feel like we might be looking at a colorless legendary since otherwise they probably need to repeat another colorless unit again (did you know Fallen F!Corrin has appeared 3 times already?), but any color is on the table so it's a tough call. This month's legendary slot is interesting because there's honestly not that many lords left to go through, and many of the ones that are valid have bad timing for this month. We just got Seliph so there's no way we get Sigurd here, and Claude or Dimitri are terrible choices even for profitability, which more or less leaves Micaiah, Corrin, and Byleth as traditional lord options. I feel like the timing for Micaiah is wrong since she already got a powerful alt this year and I would've expected Legendary Micaiah to be a colorless mage, Corrin would definitely be Water over Wind, and Byleth had an alt much more recently (though they can circumvent this by using Male Byleth).

I feel like this could be a month where we see a more unexpected choice for a legendary hero so other highly important characters like Elincia, Caeda, or Lilina could be viable here (Elincia is arguably a lord as is). They're going to need to stretch what defines someone as a "legendary" hero eventually though, you could argue they already have with Ryoma and Azura but we'll probably start seeing more of that at some point. Or maybe they just give us another sword legendary now to fill the sea of red legendary heroes even further and call it a day.

R_N

My Legendary theories for this month are:
-Gustav. He's the final notable Book 3 OC (I think Henriette will circle back to importance later) after finally getting Hel and he doesnt' fit "Mythic" at all; he's just a king who was turned into a zombie for a map. Lif, Thrasir at least got full make overs, full empowerment from Hel, and their cover story is their ancestors; the fae are all girls turned fairies but they serve the king and are in-universe mythical beings of dreams that guide your dreams.
Gustave meanwhile fits much more in the mold of Fjorm, Hrid & Gunnthra to me.
-Enlightened One Byleth (probably the girl version). I don't agree on him ever being Mythic, even if the sothis thing is there; this fits much mroe in what they want Legendaries to be. We went into this month with 3H (Sothis on the hero fest), the middle with 3H (the CYL) so I think getting "quasi-brave" Byleth fits here too.

Looking ahead these are legends I see us getting eventually...
Arcahanea Conglomerate:
  • Caeda. She's important to Marth, her country sheltered his, the main way you recruit like a third of the cast and is like the most important girl not named Tiki. Tiki got priority because she's like really important. Don't count Caeda out, she will somehow power creep her younger self!
  • Kris. The avatar character and right hand person to Marth in the remakes. Makes sense to me! Probably gets a unique new outfit too, which'll be novel. Male Kris is most likely, he's more popular than the female counterpart. But I wont fully write off eventually getting both...
  • Nyna? This kind of requires we get normal Nyna at any point. Becomes queen, she's super important background character to both games. There's potential, maybe.
  • Hardin? Similar to Nyna. King Hardin, after they marry but before he goes evil.
Gaiden/SOV:
  • Honestly I feel like we've reasonably tapped out of this game. There's Clive & Saber, who are basically Alm & Celica's second in commands but I dunno, they have a different feel to them than some other candidates. They're more of an ensamble with Tobin/Gray and Boey/Mae/Conrad to me. There's Berkut I suppose? But I dunno, feel like Fallen Berkut's already taken care of that niche; maybe a "what if he didnt sell his soul" later down the line...?
Holy War:
  • Sigurd. He's the lord of the front half, it'd make sense to get a legendary alt eventually. Again probably with an original outfit.
  • Deirdre. The Julia to Sigurd's Seliph.
Thracia:
  • Nanna. Sort of sits in the same realm as Julia and Caeda and so on. Earth Sword Nanna, let's ride
  • Reinhardt
FE6:
  • Lilina! Probably the msot obvious one they can go with, she's right there with you the entire game. That cipher card that has her weilding armads with magic feels MADE for this.
  • Fae...? I guess she's KIND of like Tiki for this game but she doesn't feel nearly as important. Maybe a "third pass" type of character.
  • Guinevere, for similar reasons to Nyna I suppose. Eh.
  • I was going tos uggest older Hector & Eliwood but those feel more like alts they hold onto to help bolster a FE6 banner
FE7:
  • Ninian. Again kind of that Caeda/Julia/Lilina, though not as present, but more important/involved than Nyna/Guinevere. Also like she's basically canon so just go all the way at this point.
FE8:
  • L'Arachel, Joshua, Innes, Tana...all of these feel candidates. L'Arachel & Tana in particular due to greater their presence in the game, but they're all royals of importance to the game and Eirika/Ephraim. I put these in the same bin as Ryoma & Azura
Tellius:
  • Micaiah. Obviously. She's a lord! Maybe she'll get some fancy apostle-like clothes for fun.
  • Sothe. They really want you to think he's a Lord too.
  • Elincia. Important to both games, she's even a quasi-lord in RD. Since we have Amiti, maybe we can get a prf staff legend out of this.
  • Mist. Really important due to carrying the Fire Emblem, if nothing else. And hey she even joins you on the duel against the black knight. Valkarie Mist !!
  • Assorted Laguz royals? Reyson probably feels the most important of these followed by Naesala & maybe Tibarn, but I dunno...ehh....put that in the same tier as Fae, something they might circle back to if they really really need to.
Awakening:
  • Adult Tiki, specifically from the timeline where she fully inherits Naga's power
  • Grandmaster Robin-M. So, hear me out. The Legendary Robin we have now is just bizarre. She's the only villain on the entire Legendary roster (hurr hurr what about ryoma and edelgard you know what i mean), and specifically the girl alt of an alt who was already in the game. Having a second pass at the avatars with the grand master outfit & maybe the levin sword (conspiciously ignored on Gangrel in favor of a levin dagger) feels like something they might do. We could also get things like Rally Spectrum out of it. Male Robin is also their "main" Robin for most things so him getting a Legendary Alt feels like a missed opportunity. Could also open the door for both Byleths, Krises and Corrins getting legendaries
Fates:
  • Corrin. I mean...duh. Like I mentioned with Robin, we could hypothetically get both. But they'd probably do girl corrin first, she's more popular.
  • King Xander. Obviously, the counterpart to Legendary Ryoma. He's the other lord of Conquest anyway so...
  • King Leo. Oh God, oh no. And yet, I cant look away.
  • Queen Hinoka. Oh god, oh no. And yet, I can't look away
  • I refuse to entertain Legendary Elise, Takumi, Sakura or Camilla (especially when Brave Camilla kind of fills this niche). But they're sitting there....ominously!
Three Houses:
  • Dimitri.
  • Claude.
  • Byleth, who I outlined above. Female first most likely, with Male coming later if they decide to do both genders
  • Seteth. Again I think we need actual Seteth first but he is effectively the lord of Silver Snow.
  • Rhea. She is critically important, after all, even if she mostly drops off the face of the earth in Part 2. I want to note that my 4 step plan for handling Rhea is:
    Bishop Rhea (prf staff, perhaps?) in the normal pool (5* obvs), Fallen Rhea using the exhausted design for her human form and her SS final boss as her dragon form, Mythic Seiros (since she's the saint and founder of the church and all) and then Legendary Immaculate One Rhea (give her sothis' robes or something idk).
TMS:
  • Itsuki! From his end game version
  • Tsubasa? Since she's so important for the game. Maybe in her Feel outfit?
After they hit most of the highlights I think we'll start seeing Legendary versions of other "not that important, but--" characters who are also popular. For example, do I expect Lissa any time soon? No, but, she's certainly well known and has relations to the main crew and gets a lot of screen time; if they run out of characters she's one I expect tos ee eventually. Likewise I can see other popular characters like Seth get a new lease on life. Who knows maybe we even go memes and give us Legendary Jagen.

Mythics I find pretty interesting because while we have plenty of mythical figures in the games, there's probably a reason a lot of OCs now populating the mythic pool and its not just because they dont want to clog up the Legendary or NOrmal pools: a lot of mythical figures don't have designs
Which is ample opportunity to GIVE designs, but I can see them pushing that down the road for a while. But how cool would that be to see the remaining Elibe heroes or all the Jurgdal crusaders or human forms for the couple other 3H saints and such.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
After they hit most of the highlights I think we'll start seeing Legendary versions of other "not that important, but--" characters who are also popular.

The ultimate way to bait me is to do this now and have Wind Legendary Soren because that would be an insanely good [and mean] way to bait me right before a Tellius banner. He still consistently ranks very well every CYL (45th/82nd in CYL1 and ~27th if combined, 47th/162nd in CYL2 and ~33rd if combined, 20th in CYL3, 26th in CYL4), and also has the character/story relevance to handwave giving him a legendary given his popularity.

...but that would mean adding a character I would actually roll for so that's not happening. Be ready for Legendary Tharja in 2021 though as another generic strong red mage like all her other alts.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Micaiah. Obviously. She's a lord! Maybe she'll get some fancy apostle-like clothes for fun.
We do have a Cipher Card of her dressed as the Queen of Daein:

latest

So if they go down with Seliph's route, this is probably what we could expect from a theoretical legendary Micaiah.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The likes of Nyna, Guinevere, and Seteth, I put alongside Caineghis and Tibarn. Those two are also very plot important for their game, and themselves have power rivaling the gods and legendary beings, but are in the common pool regardless. Elincia has a bit more going for her since PoR's plot wholly requires her, and she gets a Part in RD all to herself, enough to push her into that Legendary tier.

She and Micaiah both are fine candidates for Staff Legendary units (I'm surprised there hasn't been one yet), chiefly because Tellius has a rather unique staff. Radiant Dawn has the Matrona Staff, an endgame SS Rank staff that has a full heal, a Biorhythm max effect, and most notably, a guaranteed critical hit on the counterattack, which staves can only ever do in melee combat.

If ever there was going to be a ranged weapon with Close Counter built into it, Matrona would be that weapon, on top of Recover+ effect and removing penalties to emulate the Biorhythm max set.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I would love a legendary staff with like Silence or Berserk, but I have no idea how to make those work without being either broken or useless.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
One very important thing to note about a legendary healer is that they can't be competitive in Arena at the moment, and that's a problem that does need to be addressed for a staff legendary since arena value is a major selling point for legendary heroes. Staff assists are only 300 SP and the highest scoring specials are 300 SP as well, compared to the 400/500 respectively that most other units have (unless you're Chrom and have a 500 SP assist too). That's a pretty big setback compared to other recent legendaries which also all have 300 SP B skills too (except Chrom who makes up for it with his 500 SP assist), especially when we're talking about Wind season which currently lacks impactful/high scoring legendary heroes.

Both of those issues need to be addressed before we ever see a staff legendary, but obviously they can fix this with with prf stuff or another tier of inheritable assists/specials for them. The question is whether or not they're actually willing to do this yet, but I do think it's very intentional that they haven't given us a staff legendary yet though. They might not be ready to drop a meta arena unit with Dazzling Staff, but since it has big meta shift potential I'm sure will see one eventually. Maybe eventually is tonight, but either way a staff legendary has several barriers and a lot of dangerous potential.

R_N

We do have a Cipher Card of her dressed as the Queen of Daein:

latest

So if they go down with Seliph's route, this is probably what we could expect from a theoretical legendary Micaiah.
Oh perfect, I think they'll absolutely go with that. Probably even just straight up use taht staff design if they make her a staff

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Quick search of enemies reveals Corryn fought the archer in 13-2 and the green mage in 12-1 of Part 3.

Running the numbers, Corryn has 41 HP, 42 base attack, 30 Res, and at least 29 Speed, after factoring her stat boosts for fighting full health enemies.

Dimitri has the current standard BST for Infantry at 176, so Corryn's looking at a 41/42/29-34/29-34/30 stat spread. She'll be outsped frequently, but she's counterattacking pretty hard.

R_N

It's really funny how Corrin just seemingly intentionally power creeps Fjorm in particular

her special is a better version of fjorm's
she gets shield pulse, like fjorm (fun fact: Saber & Fjorm are the only other units in the game with that skill)
she gets Joint Drive Attack, the literal power creep of Fjorm's Drive Attack

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Corrin is a disappointing pick, but in this case disappointing is a good thing since it means I can just look forward to September's banners. I feel like Corrin's new stuff is a bit underwhelming, but she's also going to be a huge ball of stats and probably trainee boosted like every other Corrin so she'll still be good regardless. Colorless pool is definitely looking promising here, though the other pools are probably very skippable.

Guess I better get ready for the Heir of Light rerun and Leif on next legendary banner. And well, it's been 17 months.....surely it's time, right?

R_N

Corrin is a disappointing pick, but in this case disappointing is a good thing since it means I can just look forward to September's banners. I feel like Corrin's new stuff is a bit underwhelming, but she's also going to be a huge ball of stats and probably trainee boosted like every other Corrin so she'll still be good regardless. Colorless pool is definitely looking promising here, though the other pools are probably very skippable.

Guess I better get ready for the Heir of Light rerun and Leif on next legendary banner. And well, it's been 17 months.....surely it's time, right?
if next chapter is the nightmare city with kiran i still wouldn't put it past them to be a second tms banner

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Still betting this year's dancer banner on being a TMS fest, and the next seasonal would be that Dancer banner.

Jorge has a line alluding to Pelleas. Surely September will be the moment for this particular group.

R_N

Still betting this year's dancer banner on being a TMS fest, and the next seasonal would be that Dancer banner.

Jorge has a line alluding to Pelleas. Surely September will be the moment for this particular group.
Does he?
He's got one referencing Illyana, but I dont see one for Pelleas. Or even Daein in general, really.

He does have this weird voice line
If the rumors are true, then there might be hope...

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
That's the one. It's in reference to his lines in the end of Chapter 1-3 of RD. He talks about the rumors that Ashnard had a son, and thus a legitimate heir to the Daein throne, amassing a resistance army in the desert to strike back against the Begnion Occupation Army.

R_N

That's the one. It's in reference to his lines in the end of Chapter 1-3 of RD. He talks about the rumors that Ashnard had a son, and thus a legitimate heir to the Daein throne, amassing a resistance army in the desert to strike back against the Begnion Occupation Army.
Ahhh, I see. They really dug around for references for ol' Jorge. Like his all stats level up quote referencing his very on the nose Shoving conversation.

....why doesnt he have Shove in his base kit

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It's actually pretty impressive how deep they went with the references for Jorge of all characters. He could've just been funny one-off meme man but they actually put in effort to reference all the scenes throughout the games where he actually appears. It really goes to show just how much better FEH has gotten at making these characters actually feel like the same characters from the original games.

I'm Jorge from the merchant caravan. Check out these quality goods I'm selling from [Friend].
Also... Between you and me, I've got better deals on wares than Anna's shop does.

And this friend greeting quote is just hilarious. Seeing him acknowledge the reputation of Anna's shop is just another cool shout-out that they could've just not bothered with.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Makes one wonder if Jorge being a bow unit is itself a reference. Ike mentions that bows make for good income in times of conflict, hence the rather high prices they fetch for in RD, so it'd make sense for the caravan to have a big stock of them. Jorge is just using one of the wares Daniel made, when all four of them have probably some experience with handling them.