• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Update's out, Corryn immediately BST creeps CYL4 with 182 BST lol.

More notably though, is a name change. Ulster's gone back to his original name, before Awakening Spotpass changed it.

image0.png

Why they chose now of all times is anyone's guess. He might be in an upcoming banner, a Thracia banner is coming with Miranda and they wanted to specify Ulster the region and so needed to change names about, or heaven forbid an FE4 remake might actually be happening and they're getting the names organized.

KillerDraco

Why they chose now of all times is anyone's guess. He might be in an upcoming banner, a Thracia banner is coming with Miranda and they wanted to specify Ulster the region and so needed to change names about, or heaven forbid an FE4 remake might actually be happening and they're getting the names organized.

Don't get your hopes up, we already know exactly why now; per the Twitter poll in July, the Heir of Light Banner and its Accompanying Forging Bonds are getting a rerun in September.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Corrin's BST is unsurprising considering every Corrin from Adrift onwards arbitrarily gets the trainee boost treatment, pretty sure the CYL4 BST will be the norm for the most part this next year. Amusingly her Duel boost for Arena is still only 180 apparently, so it's effectively useless beyond the actual blessing effect.

And yeah I'm pretty sure this change is because we're getting the Heir of Light rerun soon since Shannan actually does mention Ulster, or I guess Scáthach again, in the S conversation in Forging Bonds. I wouldn't be surprised if they planned out their next Judgral banner between the initial release of Heir of Light and now though, and so they decided to update the name while they had a reason to do it. Granted, I'm pretty sure Scáthach is actually a female name so it seems odd they'd choose to go back to it. Judgral has always been weirdly inconsistent with the names they choose to go with though so who knows?

R_N

If Ulster is the name of a region as well as Larcei's brother, I guess that makes sense to change?

Like everyone leaping to "FE4 REmake?!" is kind of ignoring the original question of "Why change the name at all"

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The name Ulster survived through 4 CYL campaigns and Larcei's and Shannan's tenure in FEH. To change it now is just going to raise questions.

The only FEH related thing that would justify a name change would be for if Miranda's coming soon. She's the princess of the Ulster region in Thracia, and they needed to separate the two terms from the same continent, as opposed to Brigid keeping her name despite Petra being here for a year.

R_N

could you imagine if the next real baner was another FE4 banner

rip in pieces psynergy

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
could you imagine if the next real baner was another FE4 banner

rip in pieces psynergy

It's almost comical how far this has spiraled at this point since like September of 2018. "Hm I will be able to +10 Legendary Ike when he comes back in January, I won't have the orbs to do it right away but Jill would be a cool +10 project after that if she's added anytime soon." And then...

October 2018: "RD banner announced for January, Jill is pretty popular and relevant to the Laguz/Beorc tensions so there's a chance she's added when beasts show up."
January 2019: "Guess she's not on that banner but that's fine I'll just start saving now, she's ranking higher in CYL every year so maybe she'll be on Farfetched 3."
April 2019: "Another Tellius banner but it's all beasts again? Whatever, Haar as GHB is weird but maybe shaping up for Jill on Farfetched 3?"
November 2019: "No Farfetched banner? Well she'll definitely be on the next Tellius banner so I'll wait for that I guess."
September 2020 (Now): "It's been 17 months since the last Tellius banner."

R_N

it's all jurgdals!

Demote: Lachesis (green flying dagger)
Duo: Sigurd & Deirdre (red tome CAVALRY!!!!)
Ethylyn (colorless flying dagger) & Quan (blue flying bow)

Tempest: Eldigan

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Kempf took Sigurd's crown as the highest scoring cavalry unit 3 years after Sigurd released. Now Sigurd's claimed that crown right back with Duo BST, and being able to dance with it.

Expect him a lot in Arena now.

R_N

as a demote lachesis is pretty interesting
her weapon, obviously, as well as being another flying dancer

but also she brings a cantrip (already "demoting" that, eh?) and air orders!

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Seasonal 4* drops tend to be better SI fodder than the usual 4* drops I've noticed.

R_N

Seasonal 4* drops tend to be better SI fodder than the usual 4* drops I've noticed.
i like that seasonals have demotes but there's a definite correlation between seasonal demote skills being good and normal demotes going into the gutters in comparison

look forward to eldigan having more repeat skills....cant wait to see air boost...........in 2020.........

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Ah, everyone's three favorite couples.

Definitely going to try for Lachesis, a flying dancer with her weapon and skills will be useful for my Flier Emblem team.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Hadn't been sold on them actually giving us a full Genealogy seasonal banner since it had been so long, even though we just got Brigid. That's one more meme finally dead, and conclusively too.

Overall this banner is kind of interesting from an AR Defense standpoint, Duo Dancer is a huge deal since top level defenses actually use Duo Hindrance apparently and so this is great role compression. And of course unlike transformed herons, this is a 3 move dancer that can actually keep up with cavalry units. Sigurd's stat spread is honestly pretty bad for the role of a dancer (ranged and high attack with a weapon that gives more attack is super easy to bait) but at the same time, this is a Duo Cavalry Dancer so it doesn't matter much.

Aside from Sigurd though, the inheritable weapons are pretty interesting. AR-D Atk/Spd is also very interesting (and scary) considering Brave Veronica is just about to get a refine, I'd thought they'd discontinued that skill line by now. We haven't seen these on a new unit since Halloween Dozla nearly a whole year ago. Maybe they noticed that AR Defense teams have been using AR-D skills more lately and decided to bring them back, or maybe they're just doing this one to add the last remaining AR-D skill since those are actually good. Eldigan might actually being extremely valuable for AR Defense if his stat spread is anything like regular Eldigan though, he already seems to have good HP but if he has good defense too then he's an amazing dancer to counterplay Mila on Light.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Res Feint and Armor March are the seals. Pretty good to have another way to have an armored team move better.

Also D!Eldigan gets Caldera Dance and Def Opening. The dance skill was only on S!Nephenee before him. While a lame and nigh-worthless skill, is still better than what we got with characters like G!Hinata only because it’s something not on a 4* unit previously.

R_N

so pirate banner ended. I wanted a Geese, Veronixander and of course Pirate Tibarn

the results:
-Veronica! Very good
-Geese (4*)
-Caineghis
-Caineghis again
-Silque
-Lysithea
-Nah (this was a new one, at least)
-Brigid
-infinity colorless trash

I know it's hard to really complain about this. I got 3 of the 4 banner units, this is a good suite of 5*s to pull (Caineghis in particular I was very happy about, going from attack bane to +2 merges is a nice swing), Nah was all new for me but pirate.......tibarn......................