• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Heroes: Steampunk 776

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Finally, Jill is in the game and unlike poor Haar she seems to be really good! I'm glad I resisted spending more on the Genealogy banner because I have enough to spark her if lady luck is not on my side.

KillerDraco

@Psynergy is either screaming in delight or complaining somehow.

Which also means you have to find a new joke, since this one has now officially run its course.

Pretty good banner all around, both Shinon and Jill have some pretty fantastic kits. Shinon in particular seems like he's gonna fit right at home in AR.

Thank god the demote isn't another staff user, we've had way too many of those lately.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
In a case of very appropriate type-casting, Jill is voiced by Reba Buhr, who voices Misty in Pokemon Masters.

From one proud red-head girl to another.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
petrine.png

I appreciate the finer details of putting her Tiger-Laguz Brand on her right breast. That's never seen ingame in PoR.

Her sprite has her with her Flame Lance, so she does come with a PRF.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Everything lined up so perfectly for this banner to come now, I was convinced this banner was going to be the one but it's almost too good to be true. I genuinely was not expecting Jill's banner to be a banner where I actually want every unit there, but here we are. As long as Jill is 175 BST this was all worth the wait for sure, and I barely even need to give her any skills!

And wow Shinon is great, he's definitely my next merge project if I don't just go for the +10 right here. He'll definitely round out my lacking options on Light season, it's really as if this banner was made just for me. I was really thinking about investing in Leif for my next legendary but this banner is going to make it hard for me to not just save for my next legend, might just wait for the October legendary banner instead.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
1st circle I got a free Sully.

2nd circle (starting the tickets) gave nothing from the blue circles.

3rd circle got me a +Att, -HP 4* Illyana. Neat start to my new +10.

4th circle I went all out since it had three greens and two blues. The last green circle got me a +Spd, -Res Jill!

5th circle had four blues but were all three stars. Guess my luck ran out getting that Jill with perfect IVs.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
The meme is finally dead and my luck was probably the most insane I've ever had. And that's saying something considering my luck on Ike and Micaiah merges earlier this year were pretty insane too.

1136 orbs were spent total, summoning priority as sniping Greens with Colorless -> Blue -> Red for backup priority, and I generally took Colorless and Blue on circles where I got pitybroken. Final 5* results were: Jill x12, Gatrie x2, Shinon x2, Ilyana x1 (and no 4*, yes really), Helbindi x2, Ranulf x2, Mamori x1, Leanne x1, Silque x1, Kaden x1, Hilda x1, Fallen Lyon x1, Kliff x1, and Loki x1. New pitybreaks for me include Ranulf, Silque, Kaden, Hilda, Fallen Lyon, and Loki.

Further details, yes I actually got 12 Jills. In fact, I actually got all the Jill copies in about 750 orbs which is probably the most insane you'll ever hear. I pulled the last one on a 4 green circle and figured I should just complete the circle for a victory lap, only for another Jill to appear. Those extra 386 orbs or so were entirely from me trying to get a second Shinon (Kliff and Loki pitybreaking me along the way), so that was pretty awful luck. Guess Shinon really doesn't like my Ikes, and yet that total orb count is still insanely good luck for what I set out to do so I still can't complain. If anything it's in character given his PoR recruitment.

Haven't built her yet since today has been busy yet but I can't not post screenshots of the completed build so I'll do that later. At this point I'm going to wait until after the Mythic banner reveal before committing to anything else, since my next goal is another legendary and Leif is a potential target there. I might wait until the October legend first because there's better value there for me, at which point I might come back for some more Shinon merges. Would be nice to get to +4 or +5 now and then save for a rerun to +10 him, but there's still plenty of time.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I'm the one getting all the Ilyanas I guess. 160 orbs gave me seven Ilyanas, along with Gatrie, went ahead and sparked Jill after that. Also got a surprise Dream Corryn, so more Rally+ fodder for Dawn Brigade. Gonna keep trying for Shinon, luckily this banner's here for a while.

R_N

Aside fro ma plethora of mode updates, the next update will bring refines for Effir, Sigurd (& Seliph since he has that tyrfing too), Arvis, Rhajat & Saias

Saias's tome is literally the same as Arvis', just blue, which is probably why he's along for the ride.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
The longer I have to wait for a Ragnell refine, the better the chances of something silly like Null Follow-Up/Guard with +4 all stats, so they can take their time on that. Resplendent Ike is already a fine as a Speed tank so I can wait.

Considering how much of a dud some of the older legendary heroes are though, I feel like it would be in their best interest to make units like Legendary Ike and Legendary Ryoma more worthwhile to actually pull so I'm sure they'll happen someday. I'm glad this set has 5 refines rather than the usual 4 though. Even if Saias might just get the same as Arvis it's still two unique tomes here and not literally the same weapon, so that's one less space to fill on a future refine batch. I hope this isn't just a one-off scenario and we start seeing slightly larger refine batches (maybe with healer refines too?), but in any case Saias is getting a refine much sooner than expected.

Also another new mode with challengeing scenarios being nerfed again, probably should've expected that one. I think removing the limited attempts is a good thing but I feel like nerfing the stats on top of that is kind of unnecessary? Like this mode was already so reliant on whether or not you have a Harmonic to stay in the high tiers but I feel like one or the other would've been fine as a change.

Also I know I never actually posted the final build I settled on for Jill but that's because I'm still waiting to see if I'm actually investing in Leif this month because I want to give Heavy Blade 4 otherwise, and both of them would want it. Short of that though, this nearly two year wait is finally over and done with, and with that I have my new highest scoring unit for arena modes.

Screenshot_20200922-205714.png

R_N

The longer I have to wait for a Ragnell refine, the better the chances of something silly like Null Follow-Up/Guard with +4 all stats, so they can take their time on that. Resplendent Ike is already a fine as a Speed tank so I can wait.

Considering how much of a dud some of the older legendary heroes are though, I feel like it would be in their best interest to make units like Legendary Ike and Legendary Ryoma more worthwhile to actually pull so I'm sure they'll happen someday.
Legendary Refines definitely feel in the cards at some point, even if they keep avoiding DC units. The early legends in particular really need some boosts. Or a complete reworking in the case of Legendary Lyn.
I'm glad this set has 5 refines rather than the usual 4 though. Even if Saias might just get the same as Arvis it's still two unique tomes here and not literally the same weapon, so that's one less space to fill on a future refine batch. I hope this isn't just a one-off scenario and we start seeing slightly larger refine batches (maybe with healer refines too?), but in any case Saias is getting a refine much sooner than expected.
I think this will be a one-off scenario specifically because they're going to get the same refine. They have done this before, with the whitewings & robins

The whitewings all have the same refine (despite different weapons), female robin got a green version of male robin's tome and both got the same refine.

if it had been literally any other unit other than Saias, I'd be willing to believe that we'd be getting 5 from now on.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
They should give Saias something that fits with his BS Leadership stars that make some Thracia maps suck.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Divine Tyrfing will, at minimum, be upscaled to match Gilt Goblet. AKA, Sigurd will get reduction off of AoEs too.

Seliph is only getting this refine because he was given Divine Tyrfing ages ago, so odds are good the refine itself will focus on improving on Sigurd's Crusader Ward. There might be some Urvan-esque shenanigans in store for him, though unfortunately more restricted since Crusader Ward only applies on ranged attackers, unless the refine itself copies Crusader Ward but puts a "If Foe's Range = 1" qualifier on it to cover both ranges.

R_N

praise the lord we finally

finally

have an astra unit AND she's a dancer.

I am 100% convicned when she was conceived she was the Dark dancer, though. Her AOE feels more at home on Defense than Offense. But hey, I'm not complaining!

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I'd say Colorless is pretty good, Julian might not be amazing but he's in the Say'ri tier where he has amazing fodder.