• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem:Rise of Darkness

Clayton smacked his hand on his forehead and said aloud, "They were there the whole time and didn't even notice them?! Man, I need to pay more attention." He turned to Saya and said, "If want to, you can come with me for a little bit. My friend really appreciated you and your brother's help back in the village. My Pegasus is also fast enough to get you home or anywhere else you might want to go." Clayton then turned around, started to walk back to the inn, and said, "Follow me if you wish Mis- I mean Saya."

"Well....." Saya said thinking, "I have no where to go and since my brother left me here...I can go with you." Saya replied smiling but what she didn't mention was that waiting at home was a whole lot of training. She wanted to stay far away from that for a while.

"So are we going see your friend or other business you need to attend to." She asked Clayton.

--------------

"Well, I'm Klaus, Squad Leader of the Grado Wyvern Knights. And this is my friend, you all should know him, Prince Hiro of Jehanna." Klaus said kneeling before the mercenaries.

"Klaus please stop with that whole prince stuff. I am Hiro as he stated but not prince Hiro." Hiro really hated the whole royal treatment and it was very aggravating hearing his friend call him by Prince Hiro of Jehanna.

"Well, I think my mercenaries will be glad to help you out son. Especially, the son of an old friend. So how are Joshua and Marisa?" Gerik asked Hiro.

"Joshua is still the best swordsman in the land but he is still the worst gambler ever. I played him instead of Marisa to be able to participate in this war," Hiro explained to Gerik, "And as for Marisa she still fights even now. A while back we had a training session and she gave me this mark on my face. She said I was too slow." Hiro sighed shaking his head, "Was she this violent when you fought together?"

Hiro had to cover his ears from hearing the loud screech, "Ahhhh! I don't know how you can love the sound of that." Hiro said following behind Klaus towards the Wyverns.

He spotted Cormag out of the group and greeted him, "Cormag it is great to see you again. We are glad to have your assistance in this fight." Hiro plaed his fist on his palm and did a slight bow to Cormag.

"I have to check up on my friend," Clayton replied. "After that I'll need to restock on supplies and then once that's done we'll set out to help Klaus." After several minutes of walking they arrived at the inn. They entered the building and Clayton led Saya to the room where Lisa was resting. The shopkeeper turned to meet them.

"You're back I see," he said. He looked over Saya and said slyly, "I see you've met up with the person you've been looking for my boy."

"W-What?!" Clayton said in embarassment. "It's not like that! I wasn't going to meet up with her intially, but the person I was going to meet up with had to take care some business. I also need to restock before I go anywhere." Clayton's embarassment then instantly was lost and was replaced with seriousness. "How is she holding up?"

"She's fine," the man replied. "Her eyes opened up for a little while, but she didn't seem to acknowledge my presence. I brought her some food for when she wakes up." Their were several apples on the table adjacent to the bed.

"I see," Clayton said. "Did you try to feed her?"

"I tried to wake her up so she could eat," the shopkeeper said, "but she's stayed asleep."

"I'll see if I can wake her," Clayton said. Clayton walked up to Lisa and gently nudged her shoulder. "Hey Lisa, wake up," he said in a whisper. "You should get up before all the food goes bad." Lisa still stayed asleep. "Come on Lisa, raise and shine." She wriggled a little bit and slowly sat up.

"Clayton?" Lisa asked sleepily. "Is that you?"

"Yeah, it's me," Clayton replied. He grabbed an apple on the table and handed it to her. "Here, eat this." Lisa took it and looked at it for a moment. Once she had recognized it as an apple she chomped down on its flesh and ripped a large chunk out of it. As she ate Clayton introduced her to Saya. "Lisa, this is Saya," Clayton said. "She was involved in the fight at the village."

Lisa swallowed the piece of apple and said to her, "Thank you for protecting the village Saya."

"Hey Clayton," the shopkeeper said. "Sorry to interrupt, but I was wondering if you had enough supplies for your little group. With this young lady traveling with you you're going to need more food."

Clayton hung his head low and sighed. "You're right, but I only have enough money for a single meal between all of us."

"Tell you what," the man said, "since you've helped this village so much I'm sure we could get you some food and equipment. Maybe some apples, meat, and water. Also, you're going to need a new set of armor," he said pointing at Clayton's broken breastplate.

"I appreciate your support," Clayton said.

The shopkeeper headed for the door, stopped, and said, "You guys wait here. I'll go get the stuff." He then left the room.

"So, tell us about yourself Saya," Lisa said groggily. "I know that Clayton's Pegasus Knight of Frelia, but you're a swordsfighter I just met. Besides that, I know next to nothing about you. You don't mind, do you?"

TheVicious

Dragon of the Sun
Klaus smiled and waved to get his father's attention. He also noticed Vicious flying towards him. The wyvern landed in front of him and lowered himself allowing Klaus to get on his back.

Cormag landed in front of Klaus and the rest of his fleet landed behind him.

"Klaus of the 4th Wyvern Knights of Grado, I received word you needed my assistance. However, I see no turmoil in sight," Cormag said.

"Sorry sir, my friend, Roth, took care of it all. We tried to hold off the onslaught of creatures until you arrived. But it seems they retreated. Sorry again for wasting your time Sir Cormag of the 1st Wyvern Knights of Grado," Klaus said kneeling down in front of his father.

"Alright, well I think we need to get on our way to Rausten," Cormag suggested.

"Agreed. However, it will take a while for our mercenaries to reach the Rausten capital," Roth said.

"No, my wyvern knights will gladly fly you all there. There are thirty of us and Klaus will fly someone on Vicious. Surely our wyverns are strong enough to carry at least one of you. Generog is strong and large enough to fly at two maybe three more. Now everyone, gather your supplies and let us proceed to Rausten!" Cormag roared.

The thirty wyvern knights partnered up with one of Gerik's mercenaries. Gerik flew on Generog along with Cormag and Roth. Gerik selected the strongest of his mercenaries to come along with him. The rest were to stay and protect the town from any danger to come.

Klaus ran up to Generog before he took off.

"Father, did you bring it?!" Klaus asked. Cormag reached for the package he brought along. He showed it to him.

"You mean this?" Cormag asked as he tossed the long package down to him. "Be careful Klaus, I mastered that spear. But it took years of dedication and strong spirit. If your spirit isn't strong, you'll be driven mad and end up a monstrous serpent of a man. Wield it at your own risk."

Klaus smirked at his father as he unwrapped the spear. Its immense power flowed from it. Klaus felt stronger by just staring at it.

"Don't worry father. I'll make sure to not let you down."

"So, tell us about yourself Saya," Lisa said groggily. "I know that Clayton's Pegasus Knight of Frelia, but you're a swordsfighter I just met. Besides that, I know next to nothing about you. You don't mind, do you?"

Saya smiled at Lisa and replied, "Well you see I...." She said trying not to speak of her being Saya of Jehanna, "My brother and I are from a small village in Jehanna. Our parents taught is the way of the sword and hopes for us to become great Swordmasters."

She continues not realizing it, "I know for a fact that I want to be a swordmaster. One of the great ones told in Legends. But I think Hiro isn't sure. From his attitude he might end up something else. A darker figure." She sighs and looks to see them both watching her.

Embarrassed her face turned red and she began to scratch her head, "Enough about me and my brother. Tell me about you two. Are you an item?" She asked pointed at the two.

----------------

Hiro wasn't as woozy as before. He was kind of use to riding on Vicious now, "Hey Klaus," He started, "How do you picture assassins? I mean so many people see them as evil dark people."

He started to think about him as one and asked, "Would you see me as an enemy if I became one? I've been thinking and I don't wanna follow in my dad's footsteps. I want to be different."

Hiro thought about how his family would see him if he actually became one.

TheVicious

Dragon of the Sun
"I guess he isn't afraid of Vicious anymore," Klaus laughed as he looked back at Hiro and noticed he wasn't sick from the height this time.

"Hey Klaus, how do you picture assassins? I mean so many people see them as evil dark people." Hiro asked him.

Klaus thought on his friend's question for a while. "Well I always pictured them as dark people, but no one is purely evil. So I guess someone who's an assassin can be good too. You know, kill for good." He noticed Hiro's silence and asked,"Why do you ask?"

"Would you see me as an enemy if I became one? I've been thinking and I don't wanna follow in my dad's footsteps. I want to be different," His friend asked.

"Ha, why so serious all of a sudden. But you're always so serious so I guess I shouldn't be surprised," He joked looking back and noticed his friend wasn't laughing.

"Well, of course I won't think of you as an enemy. Unless you want me to that is. Just don't do anything foolish that will make me need to see you as one.

--------------------------------------------

Back in Grado, Joseph found an unguarded wyvern.

"I wonder if it will allow me to fly it to Klaus's location. Since Vicious had to fly off without me. Crazy dragon," Joseph said outloud as he approached the wyvern. The wyvern looked old and tired. It didn't move as Joseph walked closer to it and untied it from the post.

It huffed as Joseph climbed on top of it. If it weren't for the heavy breathing of wyverns, he would have thought this one were dead.

"Alright, let's go boy. To Rausten!" Joseph ordered. The wyvern didn't budge.

"Just my luck," Joseph said to himself sighing.

"Item?" Lisa asked. "What do you mean by that? Clayton, do you know what she is talking about?"

"Um uh..." Clayton said in a state of slight panick. "What she, uh, means is-"

"She's asking for you two are couple," the shopkeeper said as he walked into the room. "It's just a question; there's no need to hide such a relationship. There are many nobles who marry girls much younger than themselves. If a noble can do it I'm sure a knight could."

Clayton's face was as crimson as blood as the man spoke. "It's not like that!" Clayton said. "I'm just training her to fight and looking after her at her mother's request. We're only a few years apart anyway."

"Geez. There's no need to be so embarassed," the shopkeeper replied. "I guess the answer is not yet, huh?" he said smuggly. Clayton's face grew red with a hint of anger this time.

"That's the answer," Lisa said. Clayton looked at her with a look of confusion. "Don't worry about it much Clayton," Lisa said. "It is a true statement; we are not a couple yet. It shouldn't bother you very much. Klaus made a joke about us being a couple during the battle already anyway."

"He what!?" Clayton asked. He drooped his head and sighed. "I never hear any of this," he said gloomily. Clayton then turned towards the shopkeeper and asked, "Do you have the equipment and supplies?"

"Yep," the man said. "Most of it's outside. I have something special for you just outside the door." Clayton looked at him with a hint of curiosity and walked out of the room. Just outside of the door, a stand was holding a new set of armor. It had steel shoulder pads connected to a steel and silver alloy breastplate with chainmail. The guantlets were also made of steel while the greaves, which went up to the thighs and covered the backs of the legs, were made of a silver and steel alloy similar to the breastplate. Clayton stood in awe as he analyzed the armor. "Impressive, eh?" the shopkeeper said to Clayton.

"How did you get such an amazing suit of armor?" Clayton asked, baffled by what stood in front of him.

"It was supposed to be for one of the young men who was going to be a knight," the shopkeeper said, "but he fell ill before he was knighted. There was no else to give this to, so the village just kept it locked up. Let's get you out of that ruined armor and into this new set." Clayton nodded and within a minute Clayton was fully equiped in his new armor.

"This is incredible!" Clayton exclaimed. "It's so light and sturdy!" Clayton said as he moved his arms about effortlessly. Saya and Lisa looked at Clayton with a bit of jealously.

"Don't think that I forgot about you two," the shopkeeper said as he turned towards the two young women. He rushed outside and quickly returned with two shields in his hands. "Dracoshields," he said as he handed the shields to them. "These were also for the knight who fell ill," he added.

"I know we helped," Lisa said, "but why are you giving us such valuable items? I'm sure that these would be best for the Jehannan Knights, not a group of young adults."

"I just thought Lady Saya would appreciate it if her friends were well equipped," the man said.

"Lady Saya?" Lisa asked. "What do you mean by-"

"I think we should be going now," Clayton interrupted. "Thank you for all your help," Clayton said to the shopkeeper. He smiled and nodded. Clayton and his group then left the inn. "Sakura!" Clayton called out. His Pegasus soon arrived in front of him. "We've got supplies and an extra passenger," Clayton said to Sakura. "Think that will be too much for you to handle?" She shook her head.

Overhead, a group of wyverns flew towards Rausten. It was clear that Klaus had contacted the Gerik Mercenaries. "Well Saya," Clayton said, "Lisa and I are going to follow those wyvern riders to Rausten. If you want, you can come with us to Rausten or I can take you to your home. Once you decide we will promptly fly you to where ever you chose."

"This is incredible!" Clayton exclaimed. "It's so light and sturdy!" Clayton said as he moved his arms about effortlessly. Saya and Lisa looked at Clayton with a bit of jealously.

"He thinks he's so cool in his new armor," Saya thought watching Clayton get all the good items. Secrety she wanted something new but she couldn't handle armor like that.

As soon as she thought about it the shopkeeper gave her and Lisa dracoshields. "I'm sorry but I can't have this. If I did take it I wouldn't be able to use my sword the way I want to." Saya denied his gift with a smile but thanked him anyway.

"I just thought Lady Saya would appreciate it if her friends were well equipped," the man said.

"Eeek!" Saya screamed lightly looking over her shoulder at the others. She was glad to hear Clayton interrupt Lisa and suggest they leave. Saya sighed and looked at the shopkeeper, "You almost gave me away. I know you gave all this away for free but I feel I should give you something." Saya whispered to him and pulled a bag of gold from her shirt placing it infront him.

Overhead, a group of wyverns flew towards Rausten. It was clear that Klaus had contacted the Gerik Mercenaries. "Well Saya," Clayton said, "Lisa and I are going to follow those wyvern riders to Rausten. If you want, you can come with us to Rausten or I can take you to your home. Once you decide we will promptly fly you to where ever you chose."

She didn't have to think and answered right away, "If Sakura can handle a little extra weight I'm in." Saya stated as she walked forward and began petting Saya. For some reason she liked flying creatures like this.

------------

"Well, of course I won't think of you as an enemy. Unless you want me to that is. Just don't do anything foolish that will make me need to see you as one."

"It's just that I've been looking up assassins and everyone I looked up stated that they had a huge bounty on their heads. I don't think I'm prepared to go the rest of my life being hunted." Hiro unsheathed Jehanna's blade and looked at it.

"This weapon is a symbol of our royal family. Once people take a glance at an assassin wielding this blade they will talk down on m family. The Jehanna Family will fall."

This thought has been in his head for a long time. Even though he thinks this he still feels like going through with it.

"If that is your decision then-" Clayton started to say when he noticed that Saya no longer had the Dracoshield with her. "You gave it back because you don't know how to use, do you?" he said. "I'll show you how it's used." Clayton walked over to Lisa and told her to lift up the Dracoshield. She did so and it burst in a flash of light. The light took form, swiftly enveloped Lisa, and disappeared. Instead of leather armor, Lisa was clad in a sturdy leather and metal combination armor.

"Amazing!" Lisa shouted gleefully. She jumped and moved around, finding the armor to be as flexible as before the metal was added. "Have you done that before?"

"Not personally," Clayton responded, "but my commander showed us how to use such magic items. It's all part of basic training." The shopkeeper rushed outside as Clayton finished his explaination.

"So you showed her how to use it did you?" the man said to Clayton. Clayton nodded and the man laughed a little, "I guess she would never have gotten such a thing from her teachers."

"What do you mean by that?" Clayton asked. The man smiled.

"Her teachers are very strict on her training," the shopkeeper said. "They apparently didn't want to spoil their children so they trained them viciously."

"How do you know that?" Lisa asked the man. He smiled.

"I just know," the shopkeeper said. "Don't you have somewhere to go?" he said, changing the subject with ease.

"Oh yeah!" Clayton said. "I need to get Rausten before my commander figures out that I didn't meet with Klaus. Let's get going everyone!" Clayton's group quickly got their supplies and mounted Sakura. As they were about to leave the shopkeeper walked up to them.

"I believe you forgot these," he said as he handed Clayton Saya's Dracoshield and a bag of gold. "I have no need for these, so don't even think about trying to return them," the shopkeeper said as Clayton prepared to speak.

"All right then," Clayton said. "Thank you." With that Sakura lifted off the ground and flew towards Rausten. As they flew Clayton turned a bit and gave Saya the Dracoshield. "Try using it. Now that you've seen it done before it shouldn't be difficult," Clayton said to Saya.

TheVicious

Dragon of the Sun
"Well I wouldn't think like that if I were you Hiro," Klaus said to him. He looked back to smile at his friend.

"I'm sure four family won't fall. No one will looked down on your family," he assured his friend. There was a moment of silence during the ride to Rausten. After a few minutes, Klaus broke the silence.

"You're family will only fall if you allow it to. If you slip up and your family gets into trouble, Vicious and I will be there to knock some sense into your head. We won't allow anyone to speak bad about the Jehanna royal family," Klaus said smirking. Vicious roared in agreement. Klaus looked back to speak again.

"Besides Hiro, if anyone places a bounty on your head, I'll be there to collect it!" Klaus joked. "Isn't that right boy?" Vicious screeched again.

Klaus looked around at the wyvern knights flying with him. His father was way ahead of him. If only he and Vicious were as strong as his father and Generog. Klaus remembered something.

"Oops," Klaus said. " I was supposed to meet with that pegasus knight from Frelia. Well, I guess I'll be in trouble again. He should catch up soon though." Klaus knew he was lying to himself. Vicious was much to fast for a pegasus.

He pulled on Vicious's rope.

"Slow down boy. We have to wait for the pegasus knight from Frelia. Stop here and look back to see if you can see him coming." Klaus ordered.

After Clayton gave the Dracoshield to Saya, he looked towards the group of wyverns and noticed that Klaus had slowed his wyvern a bit until he came to a complete stop. Sakura reached the wyvern knight and his mount soon after they had stopped.

"Thanks for stopping Klaus," Clayton said as Sakura moved next to Vicious. "I finally caught up to you. Sorry for meeting with you so late."

"I don't think he minds," Lisa said. "I bet he would have gotten in trouble if he didn't meet with his subordinate anyway. Am I right?"

"Lisa!" Clayton said as he turned towards Lisa. "Whether he would have gotten in trouble is none of our concern." Clayton turned back to Klaus. "I'm sorry sir," Clayton apologized. "Excuse her comment." Clayton then realized the situation he was in. He had forgotten to introduce himself. "I forgot to introduce myself, how rude of me," Clayton said. "I am Clayton Lavender, Knight of Frelia, and member of the eleventh battlion of Frelia's Pegasus Knights." He then pointed to Lisa. "This Lisa Scarlet, my student." Clayton then pointed to Saya. "I'm sure you've met Saya before." Sakura then huffed loudly. "Oh, sorry about that," Clayton said as he scratched the back of his head in embarassment. "This is Sakura, my Pegasus, and best friend."

'His best friend?' Lisa thought to herself. 'I'm only his student? Nothing else?' Lisa started to go over all the things they had been through and how all this events added up to Lisa being just a student to him. As she mused over her thought she noticed a swordsman behind Klaus. "Is that Hiro behind you?" Lisa asked. "Why do you have him with you?"