1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags! V2

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by shoz999, Nov 13, 2018.

1. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "WOOO! Who needs medicine?!"

So I have a general complaint about the game that I'm pretty sure eeeeeeeveryone here noticed since the very beginning...

Why is the text so damn small for TV Mode?!

I swear I have to sit on the edge of my bed to read the little *** text. There's no option to make the text larger. It's like they're trying to have people really play on Handheld Mode to read, but it's an utter inconvenience on TV Mode that I have to pray anyone in there talks so I don't have to bother reading.

2. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

yeah spoiler alert, the tiny text does not get better on handheld mode

3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "WOOO! Who needs medicine?!"

Oh, sweet mother of...

4. Blaze Master X

Blaze Master X Marin from Link's Awakening

I just finished the Part 1 (Pre-Timeskip) and started the Part 2 (Timeskip).

If you don't want to be spoiled, do not click this spoiler tag.
    I chose to stay in the church instead of joining Edelgard. At the end of the month, she betrayed me and became my enemy.
    Afterward, Seteth and Church knights automatically joined my class/team.

The fourth route (Church) might be exclusive to Black Eagles, so I haven't started both Blue Lions and Golden Deer yet.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  5. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

One thing I do have to say is man, this game's world-building and lore is really harsh and unforgiving, far darker and grittier than previous iterations of Fire Emblem since maybe FE7 and I haven't finished the first part yet lol. Like seriously, ABSOLUTELY try to check out as many supports as you can, there are lots of dark secrets behind these characters that seem like simple character archetypes you've already seen before in a shonen manga but are hiding a far more deeper and complex character than you may realize. Currently on my playthrough of the Black Eagles, there is pretty much only one character I find a tad boring of the entire group. If your not checking out supports, you are missing a lot of great storytelling.

For example, I won't spoil who this character is but I will spoil a bit of this character's background so a bit of spoilers ahead
    but this person's father in a few early supports seems like a complete asshole that you want to beat up right? When you dive in even more and further supports, the image of this person's father suddenly goes from a complete jerk that you think needs an ass whooping to a bit of an unforgivable sociopath you want dead.

Blaze Master X likes this.
  6. Blaze Master X

Do not forget to enter paralogue battles before the expiration date. I like Flayn and Seteth one, though.

I know who this character is.
    Her father has harmed her and wanted her to be a submissive wife. Yeah, that made me want him to die.

shoz999 likes this.
  7. Sαpphire

Sαpphire Well-Known Member

So far, that’s been my favorite paralogue in the game. The storytelling there was amazing and I actually loved the map and combat.

8. shoz999

OH MAN! Chapter 10 man! Chapter 10!!! That is just such a good chapter and it still feels like it's only just the beginning of something greater. Like when you reach that chapter, the previous chapters feels like a prequel leading up to the real story.

EDIT: Finally got to the part where everyone is grown up and I gotta say... wow.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  9. The Teller

The Teller King of Half-Truths

Question: Lorenz learned magic and was almost cool for a second, but suddenly he can't use them in battle anymore and I don't know why. Is the ability to use magic in battle tied to equips, class, what studies they're focused on, etc. I could use magic with him briefly, but then he suddenly couldn't anymore and I honestly don't remember if it was before or after I did anything to him.

10. shoz999

That is strange. I assume your not talking about how magic has a limited number uses, oh man I freaking love Three House's new magic system. I've never encountered this issue before but if I had to guess based on previous Fire Emblems, I take it you probably invested in his magic skill while he was a different class. Just a blind guess though.

11. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

It's tied to class, it's why the classes specify ability to use magic.

12. shoz999

You know. I think I might know what the new story expansion might be. I think the new story expansion will be a new story route, a story route that gives a happy ending to practically every single character. Basically Fire Emblem Fates Revelations.

13. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

They've said in an interview, I believe, that it will basically be a "side story" and not a new route

shoz999 likes this.
  14. The Teller

The Teller King of Half-Truths

Thanks guys. I think what ended up happening is that Lorenz learned Fire as a Noble, and then couldn't use it when I finally upgraded him to Soldier. I'm at Ch. 7 now (I think. The game certainly doesn't tell you unless you happen to be paying attention to the save screen.) and I still have some units who haven't mastered their Unique class (as in, Noble or Commoner). I'm still wrecking house (on Casual Mode, the only true mode lol), so I'm not too bothered. I feel like I should be pouring all those permanent stat boost items on Byleth just to make recruiting easier, rather than give them to units who could better benefit from them.

15. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

One thing to keep in mind is that you can use Supports/Relationships to work around stat/skill requirements for recruiting. I was able to recruit Ingrid with an E+ Rank in Flying because I had over a B-rank support with her. It's actually easier to do it by supports since spamming gifts, lost items, and tea parties can boost support levels in a hurry. Keep in mind to do tea parties with someone of another house, you have to already have a C-rank support with them.

16. shoz999

Huh. You know what would be pretty cool as DLC. The events that lead up to Nemesis's death. So much lore packed in just one route, makes you question if what happened really happened.

17. Blaze Master X

I just beat the game in over 60 hours. It was fun and good.
    Just finished the Church Route (fourth route, exclusive to Black Eagles) and married Flayn.

I'll do the Blue Lions and Golden Deer later. I need a little break.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  18. shoz999

I'm enjoying the game so far. The characters are telling me that I'm about to head into the conclusion. Even the one character I thought to be boring turned out to be interesting once that character found him or herself in an environment that he or she is not used to. I do have to say though. I have a question for everyone here who participates this thread. If Intelligent Systems one day just decides to release an enhanced version of Fire Emblem Three Houses in the same way Atlus does for the Persona series, would you guys buy it on launch? Just curious.

19. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

I completed the Blue Lions route.

1) I feared the hub world would ultimately become a detriment to the pacing of the plot, and unfortunately that turned out to be the case. "Differing perspectives depending on route" doesn't explain why Dimitri and Byleth hopscotch between Faerghus, Leceister, and Adrestria one chapter at a time nearing the endgame. Each one of those later chapters have to be done in one chapter because its back to the monastery to resume that gameplay portion. They did ignore the monastery going into the Endgame, but it needed to be done for when they retook Faerghus too at least.

2) Everything up to that last 5% of the story though was simply excellent. Great tone, superb characterization and arcs and relationships, and the plot was nonetheless cohesive and well-paced from start to finish. My only complaints plot-wise are right at the endgame, where it just wrapped up too quickly.

3) Dimitri may be my favorite Lord in the series now. Flawed, knows he's flawed, works to hide these flaws, eventually breaks and embraces them, and then finally accepts and overcomes his failings in true pursuit of his goals. Up, then really down, then back up again without it ever feeling forced. Dimitri was done right. Huzzah.

4) Getting through all of the Blue Lions's supports is critical to knowing these characters. It's insane how deeply insecure all eight of them are beneath the surface. And yet none of them ever felt out of place while exploring their backstories. The eight of them truly need each other, and damned if they're not the closest-knit cast in the franchise.

In all, I still consider Tellius to be the better plot, but that's only because it didn't have the pacing issue I mentioned. Had that been addressed with at least two additional chapters to keep it from feeling stop-and-go - and perhaps more elaboration on wth Edelgard and Those Who Slither In the Dark (Where did Thales go?) are doing - then it might have beaten Tellius.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  20. shoz999

You know. In a way Three Houses is like four games in one. How long should I keep recommending people to keep spoilers because this isn't your usual 2-week wait period where there's only one storyline to follow.