1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags! V2

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by shoz999, Nov 13, 2018.

1. The Teller

The Teller King of Half-Truths

2. Platina2000

Platina2000 Well-Known Member

I originally wasn't going to buy Three Houses, but temptation got me the other day. What do I think of it so far? Ehh...it's an overhyped Fire Emblem game, so that much kinda ruined it for me.

3. Blaze Master X

Blaze Master X Gigantamax Toxtricity

If you like the story and character developments, then just buy this game. This game's story and characters are so good.

shoz999 likes this.
  4. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

Has anyone else lost a tournament where there opponent cannot damage them? Wondering if there's an unmentioned turn limit.

5. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

There is, I think it's based on motivation. I think by default it's 2 turns. I assume full motivation is like 4 or 5

Hydrohs and shoz999 like this.
  6. The Teller

7. Hydrohs

Okay, that would make sense. I was skipping the battles so I was super confused when it came up as a loss. Somewhat silly it's a loss by default and doesn't go to whoever has more HP left or whatever.

8. Hydrohs

I'm just surprised at the damage output of this game in general.

9. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

I envy you, then. Raphael got massively screwed by bad level ups for me; he's only ever getting 2 stats per level up and it's not even always strength. RNG has really had it out for him.

That said, when I need to throw hands, Caspar is my boy. He's gotten so much strength and speed that he can consistently Quad, so if I absolutely need something to die in one turn, he'll punch 'em to death for me.

Petra has also proved amazing, she gets so much speed that she dodges like 70% of what's sent her way.

The Teller and shoz999 like this.
  10. Hydrohs

Petra is the only character I've come across post-timeskip that I couldn't body because of her speed, not to mention she had crazy avoid and strength too.

11. The Teller

Well, I finally got to the timeskip, and it only took me around 45 hours! And I managed to recruit almost everyone I can recruit, except for Mercedes and Ferdinand. I believe I got up to C rank with both of them before the timeskip, so hopefully I can still recruit them at a later point. I actually forgot MANY times that I can bring an outsider with me into battle, and I bet that's what's gonna be the deciding factor in whether they're recruited or not. Now I'm not quite sure what there is to do when exploring the monastery, since I no longer have to worry about recruiting students. Byleth is super overpowered (he doesn't even have an A in any skill!), so I don't need lessons, and I have so many students now that I can go a whole month teaching each of them once, so giving gifts to them isn't all that necessary. It's basically for unlocking Paralogues and other side missions now, I guess. Also, thanks game for reclassing Claude into something that utilizes a stat I never trained him in.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2019
  12. Peter Quill

Peter Quill star-lord

I'm just glad the game ended up not being **** like Fates.

Still on my first run (Black Eagles). Ingrid is my girl for clearing maps though. Seems like flying classes are really strong this time around.

13. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Oh, look. A comment."

Paralogue - Tales of the Red Canyon
    Suggested Level: 15

Fire whoever okayed this atrocity of a paralogue lying to me with that suggestion. Or tell me where they live.

So I can punch them.

14. Hydrohs

Ingrid didn't get great strength growths for me so it wasn't until late game that she could actually consistently kill things. Super avoid though and great for taking out magic users, easily had the highest res of anyone.

15. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

16. KillerDraco

I did at first, but then I realized two things;

1. The highlighted blue texts in the lost item's description matches up with characters' likes/dislikes in their Roster Card
    2. The lost item location is not random; the item will be located where its owner was standing during the previous month. This has hilarious results for Seteth who's usually in the same place, as a lost item of his can appear right beside him.

So it's actually pretty easy to find an item's correct owner.

shoz999 likes this.
  17. Dragalge

Dragalge Constance Rookidee

Please don’t tell me I won’t be able to have a support conversation with Leonie permanently because I “missed the opportunity to deepen your bond with this unit”. There has to be another opportunity, right? I can’t take my OCD having her as a blank when I got at least C support with everyone else I recruited!

(The last sentence was me being dramatic yes but tell me there is still hope. Would be very stupid of IS if I don’t get new chance in this file!)

18. KillerDraco

You missed it and can't get it unless you do NG+.

A couple other characters have this issue but it's few and far between.

19. Dragalge

Dragalge Constance Rookidee

Well that’s just stupid! Especially if a new player going in blind likes a certain character but then misses out because something like this isn’t even told in-game unless they look it up in the internet. Even more weird that you cannot do this considering that this game literally has time stuff involved. Just have Sothis or something turn the time back to get the conversation!

I know supports aren’t the biggest thing to worry about in an FE game but I seriously hope they update Three Houses to allow you to get conversations you missed all because you didn’t know about the stuff initially.

20. KillerDraco

I mean, there are story reasons why you can miss certain ones. Without spoilers, certain in-game events having already occurred can make the context of certain supports extremely awkward.

It's very few characters who have missable supports, and those that do are usually involving characters who are fairly significant to the story.

So I sincerely doubt they'll change it. Because of reasons.