1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags! V2

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by shoz999, Nov 13, 2018.

1. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

2. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

3. Dragalge

Dragalge Constance Rookidee

A small question:

If I received the large bullion from the War for the Weak paralogue, that means Dedue won’t die in the timeskip correct? Since I managed to at least beat ten or more but wanted clarification.

4. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

correct, if you got the best reward you're fine

5. Dragalge

Alright thanks! I think an Extra Large Bullion is a thing but I suppose Large Bullion still guarantees Dedue’s safety too.

6. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Oh, look. A comment."

So today we get the Cindered Shadows DLC, right.

shoz999 likes this.
  7. AuraChannelerChris

And it's out.

8. shoz999

So a surprise character that's been mentioned frequently is finally revealed in the DLC. Now we know where Byleth gets his/her looks from lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2020
  9. AuraChannelerChris

Thanks for the untagged spoiler. Like that couldn't be any more obvious how it's worded.

Dragalge likes this.
  10. shoz999

Apologies but A) you never know considering it's me and B) I never showed a picture lol... unless your one of those guys tempted by spoilers, then yes. I can see that as a problem.

11. AuraChannelerChris

That's not exactly a valid excuse.

shoz999 and Dragalge like this.
  12. shoz999

Fair enough. :D

13. AuraChannelerChris

CD's Chapter 3 can go die in a fire. Never before have I been forced to attack so much.

14. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Chapter 7 of CD is just a lot to handle
    It's the final boss and it is a supreme asshole
    Strong weapon, can counter attack at any range, has a skill that halves damage, barrier effect (it's a 9 space monster) prevents crits and lowers damage by 70%, and it will summon 2 phantoms who it can drain half their health off to restore its own.
    99 HP with 3 health bars.

15. Dragalge

I focused on breaking the barriers in one go. And getting the Silver Sword+ from Chapter 5 also helped dish out good damage whom I gave to Yuri.

Needless to say, this was a difficult yet enjoyable side story that felt like it addressed on how easy TH is.

16. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Breaking the barriers in one go is all but required, you don't have enough gambits to get a second chance.

Which is unfortunate with the amount of health he has. And the damage he deals. I think about 4 units can reliably survive 2 rounds of combat, the others cant, but when he has that much hp you need all hands on deck...I dunno, I'll have to come back to this with a clearer head.

17. AuraChannelerChris

Edelgard pretty much carries this side story because of her insane high defense as an armored unit. If loads of close combat enemies are nearby, use her as a bait, then clean up with the rest.

Linhardt, Constance, and Hapi could be good magic tanks, but the fact they have REALLY low weapon uses is a bad idea for when armored enemies are nearby and they need firepower.

18. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I put Edelgard into the warrior class, the armor movement was just too annoying to deal with

Constance & Hapi benefit from having wide spell lists, so I never had too much issue with them. I slid Linhardt into the Warlock class for reason spels, though.

19. AuraChannelerChris

Frankly speaking, I didn't bother to break all barriers. I focused on just one, hoping to sneak in critical hits with Dimitri's Killer Lance and Claude's effective blows for massive damage. I murdered, like, 40 Aelfrics.

20. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I managed to get it down in 4 turns with a very concentrated effort. I found it was way better to roll the dice on critical hits twice than do one kind-of-strong blow.

Linhardt did have to take a nap but sometimes you just gotta take advantage of casual!