1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags! V2

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by shoz999, Nov 13, 2018.

1. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

Time for me to start the Blue Lions route on Maddening difficulty with no New Game+ perks. First time I'm doing this. Maybe now I'll learn why Dimitri is into ridiculous eye-patches.

Now with 100% more Ashen Wolves.

2. Dragalge

Dragalge Ancient Gilbert

Think I’m about finished with Claude’s route (Chapter 21 to do) and my thoughts up to now:

I do like Claude somewhat but as a character he falls flat since he barely changes throughout. I don’t think he’s a so-called Gary Stu like some claim but I can see the perception since none of his schemes post-timeskip fail even with those javelins of light destroying the fort. I know he doesn’t trust his own friends apart from Byleth much but that didn’t feel like it got explored enough.

And the whole ending prejudice dream he has felt like it didn’t live up to the potential either. We don’t even get to battle in Fodlan’s Locket in the timeskip which is near Almyra, the place where some prejudice occurs! I guess defeating the Empire might be a part of Claude’s dream but that was more of him stopping Edelgard because she was trying to conquer Fodlan.

And TWSITD are so lame. Complain about Garon (and to a lesser extent Jedah) all you want but they were at least memorable and had presence in spite how hammy they were. Shambahla looked amazing however.

tl;dr lots of wasted potential. Blue Lions better despite issues there (mostly TWSITD showing up less alongside Rhea not shown until the end! Let’s see how the Black Eagles and Church route do (who I heard is the worst of the four)

3. AuraChannelerChris

Dedue's wall potential saves people during Maddening Mode. He endures almost everything that tries to hit his face.

So I noticed Ashe and Dimitri's Support C conversation has them mention Lonato... Does that mean this support line becomes unavailable right after Ch. 3 is finished if it's not started by then.

4. Dragalge

Dragalge Ancient Gilbert

Finished Crimson Flower. As Flayn would say when getting little gains in stat grows: “A little disappointing”

I think Edelgard was written to be controversial. She even acknowledges how some stuff she does is bad but goes onward anyway. I don’t think that’s really bad thing but I suppose I can see why others dislike her in spite of being written as controversial.

And to keep things short: Why the hell did this route get the least number of chapters? You’d think they would put equal emphasis on all three houses (unfunny pun!) but Black Eagles somehow is the one house/route to get shafted there. And unsurprisingly it led to a big rush-job in the plot. A shame because I actually liked the final map with The Immaculate One. Apex of the World -> God-Shattering Star

I will say that the temporary encampment, while basic, was awesome.

Also who’s the artist for the S-rank portraits? I only have S-supported with Ingrid, Leonie, and Edelgard thus far but their faces all looked a bit off. .__. That said, onto the final route!

5. AuraChannelerChris

Finally, I took the Death Knight down on the first encounter.

By using the power bested in me through Casual Mode, meaning I sent a few students to get KO'd for the sake of getting that Dark Seal.

I'M INVINCIBLE!

6. AuraChannelerChris

Gilbert needs to die in Chapter 5 or else the whole enemy team will bum rush you to death. Someone needs to fire the people who okayed this with IS.

7. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

What difficulty are you playing on, i never had to sacrifice gilbert

8. AuraChannelerChris

Maddening. He sticks to the wall, baits the archers on the other side...and that triggers EVERY OTHER DAMN ENEMY to zerg rush me to death.

9. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

That sounds like you're triggering them specifically by getting in their way before you're ready

10. AuraChannelerChris

Tell Gilbert not to stick to the freaking wall.

11. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I really could have sworn I had full control over Gilbert...

12. Dragalge

Dragalge Ancient Gilbert

You don't he's a green unit.

That said, how they handle ambush spawns on harder difficulties is pretty dumb regardless.

13. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Maybe IU'm thinking of when I actually had him on my side, just felt like I remembered getting to control him on that level as a guest unit (like the paralogues where you team up with the other hosue student) rather than an "Other" unit like Catherine

14. AuraChannelerChris

You were using a Mission Assistance unit, then, but it sure as hell wasn't Gilbert.

15. Psynergy

Psynergy Strong Winds Staff Member Super Mod

On Maddening Gilbert usually died instantly to the mage reinforcements in the back so I never had to worry about him baiting the rest of the map too early. That map is brutal regardless on Maddening though, probably the toughest one in part 1. Now the Pass thief reinforcements right when you're in range of their spawn location...boxing in frail Lysithea from them is probably the last useful thing Dedue contributed for me all game.

16. AuraChannelerChris

Gilbert is dead, sort of, and now the mission is much more manageable.

Those respawning thieves are losing their time trying to hurt the wall that is armored Dedue.

*cling!*