• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags! V2

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I just finished my 4th playthrough of Three Houses. Now I've played all the routes. I played them all on normal & casual. This is a great game. The story was kind of cliche but still great. It was very touching to have to kill characters who were my students in other routes.

KillerDraco

That was a bad word choice. I meant touching as in almost making me cry. English isn't my native language.
Emotional would be the word you're looking for.

But yes, that is what they intended, for you to feel conflicting emotions when having to face foes who were formerly students.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
That was a bad word choice. I meant touching as in almost making me cry. English isn't my native language.
Personally, I can't wait for a potential remake of Genealogy of the Holy War, the game that served inspiration to Three Houses. Sure it has some very GoT-comparable content and I don't mean the barbecue halfway, but if there was ever a game that could make someone depressed, it's Genealogy! Yay depression! Gameplay-wise however, eh. Gaiden did well as a remake!

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
ECqMbx9UIAABXOC.png

In other news, Fire Emblem fans are freaking out that Bernie is actually taller than Edelgard and Petra. Actually, a lot of people are perhaps more surprised how short Edelgard actually is. She's even shorter than Lysithea.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
So I'm about to start Mystery of the Emblem soon and I was wondering what I should expect and any advice going in as this is my first trip into Archanea. The only thing I know is that some units gain bonuses if next to others like Phina getting boosts from Navarre. You'd think I'd be playing New Mystery to celebrate the 10th anniversary of that game but I wanted to try out the original first.

(And after what went down in the FE community last week, I'd rather not see any videos from FEtubers involving stuff from FE3. Sounds a bit petty I know but yeah)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So I'm about to start Mystery of the Emblem soon and I was wondering what I should expect and any advice going in as this is my first trip into Archanea. The only thing I know is that some units gain bonuses if next to others like Phina getting boosts from Navarre. You'd think I'd be playing New Mystery to celebrate the 10th anniversary of that game but I wanted to try out the original first.

(And after what went down in the FE community last week, I'd rather not see any videos from FEtubers involving stuff from FE3. Sounds a bit petty I know but yeah)

Expect all your units to actually have support conversations.

...Also, I'm scared to ask, but what happened to the FE community last week.

R_N

The way to get the true ending requires gathering a bunch of items, and they dont flag them as important ujntil later. So look up a guide or something

Expect all your units to actually have support conversations.

...Also, I'm scared to ask, but what happened to the FE community last week.
A few notable FETubers got outed as sex pests and pedophiles, with a side of racism. Mangs is the most notable, but I believe Chaz and Nimeous have as well.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The way to get the true ending requires gathering a bunch of items, and they dont flag them as important ujntil later. So look up a guide or something
I suppose I could check SerenesForest about that assuming the information is there. Thanks for letting me know!
Oh, for god's sake. This after the Smash community scandals.
The Mangs stuff is more straightforward as the victim had a lot of evidence and Mangs ended up leaving Youtube. The Chaz stuff is more complex but I can break it down the best I can in an easy-to-follow way:

- Mangs get called out for what he did to Goosaphone, a cosplaying Youtuber. Chaz and a couple others call him out for his actions. Chaz, his friends, Goosaphone, and Mangs were all a part of some group together.

- Chaz and the others supposedly want to foster a safe environment for potential victims to come out, with Chaz saying something like "listen to all victims". Things seem all dandy after that. In addition, some weird Twitter account named FETruths blasts Mangs for what he did.

- A victim named Indie comes out on Twitter to share her story of how Chaz raped her. Contradicting their initial stance, Chaz, Rybean, Goosaphone, and Lucky Crit attack and try to silence her, doing a 180 on what they were trying to do earlier when outing Chaz. Goose said something stupid "she is hijacking my victimhood" while Lucky Crit said, because she was supposedly lying, that he'd "crit her into oblivion". Stupid, awful words!

- FETruths defends Chaz after attacking Mangs and tries to disprove of Indie's allegations. The stuff the account shared were from 2019 when she originally spoke out (and got silenced) that supposedly had already shut down her claims with some "DropBox evidence". Part of that was Indie supposedly manipulating a minor even though said kid asked to help her first alongside other stuff making this more or less moot. (Hint: This "evidence" did nothing to disapprove her)

- This got people skeptical and some thought FETruths was actually Chaz or someone in his clique using an alt. Turns out it really was someone from said clique after some Discord stuff leaked showing how Rybean said it was him using it.

- In said leaks, it was confirmed that the removal of Mangs was orchestrated by Chaz, Goose, and the others (not saying he didn't deserve he because what he did was awful). Chaz is known for his holier than thou attitude so him removing Mangs was just so he could be put on a higher pedestal. That didn't work out!

- It also confirmed that Chaz coerced Indie as the stuff he was saying was manipulative. While the rape isn't confirmed, the coercion heavily implies that some sexual activity was going on (then again, doesn't coercion fit with the definition of rape? Do correct me on this part because I may have gotten this wrong)

- The four come forward with half-hearted "apologies" with two of them not apologizing to Indie iirc (I know Chaz didn't but I think Rybean was in the same boat). Rybean deletes his Twitter and Goose is seeking professional help atm. Chaz still hasn't apologized to Indie for attacking her.

There's more stuff but it's hard to explain. Mainly one part in how Goose weaponized (that the word) a 19 year old to push her own agenda iirc. Tl;dr don't support these awful people.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter

Getting the true ending requires you grabbing all the Starspheres (named after the zodiac signs), as well as the other Sphere items. If you miss a single one, the game ends at you defeating Hardin. So be prepared to hunt enemies and open chests finding the stuff.

Every Starsphere provides stat growth changes for specific stats - both increasing the rate and decreasing the rate, and you can stack multiple spheres together by keeping them in a unit's item inventory, and every rate will be added together. Since every stat apart from HP in FE3 caps at 20, it is possible to cap many units' stats in quick fashion by trading spheres around. Getting all the spheres together is necessary to beat the game, but they all combine to become a single sphere some ways into the game, so they're not around forever, so get the levels you want quick.

Because nearly every stat caps at 20, mobility and Weapon Level rule the day. Magic users and Pegasus Knights will be your best friend. You get Palla in Chapter 3, and she's just about the best character in the game because she starts with killer bases. Palla, Catria, Caeda, Marth, Merric, Sirius, they're all bound to be all-stars.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I got to Chapter 16 of Book 1. Lena's at level 20 thanks to Arena abuse via healing other combatants going in and I have managed to successfully obtained every treasure from chests alongside getting the Members Card. It's time to take out Camus and his Sable Knights! One thing I can't wait for in Book 2 is more variation of music since all I've been hearing is The Time to Act.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The Secret Merchant was reinforcement hell incarnate. Screw those bow cavaliers and their +4 bow range. You absolutely have to memorize where reinforcements come from when.

I had to nearly deplete the Sword of the Creator baiting people to cream them with the Chalice of Beginning to fight those +3 range enemies. It was madness.

wolf jani

I'm playing Awakening for the first time and the pace of getting supports is weird. I got F!Robin's and Chrom's S support while in chapter 7 and the only other supports that I have are 3 other Robin C supports and only one non-Robin C support.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm playing Awakening for the first time and the pace of getting supports is weird. I got F!Robin's and Chrom's S support while in chapter 7 and the only other supports that I have are 3 other Robin C supports and only one non-Robin C support.
That's still normal.

However, certain unit pairs reach their support conversations faster than other pairs. For example, Frederick gets faster supports with Maribelle, while Lissa gets closer faster with Vaike. (These fast supports options are probably the canon pairs.) Robin has no fast growth support with anyone, though. In fact, their support speed is slow, but since you're highly likely deploying them for the big story battles, it's not hard to grow closer to Chrom.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Finished Mystery of the Emblem and it knocked out Three Houses on my top five favorite FE games (tying with Conquest for 1st)

Maybe if you didn't have a badly-implemented monastery I'd place you higher, Three Houses! Among other issues you got!

New Mystery's on my mind next only because I'm interested in how Kris changes stuff from the original. Design-wise they're my favorite avatars but I can only say that much for now.

wolf jani

That's still normal.

However, certain unit pairs reach their support conversations faster than other pairs. For example, Frederick gets faster supports with Maribelle, while Lissa gets closer faster with Vaike. (These fast supports options are probably the canon pairs.) Robin has no fast growth support with anyone, though. In fact, their support speed is slow, but since you're highly likely deploying them for the big story battles, it's not hard to grow closer to Chrom.
Thanks. that does make sense.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
On second thought, maybe Thracia 776 even if I know that it's the hardest FE. Especially with it having a fatigue system, fog of war, and somehow the healers can be dumb and have their staves miss their target. How does that even happen?

Or maybe I could just go play the TearRing stuff. I heard the first one incorporates their characters absolutely well into their narrative and world throughout while having some supposedly interesting mechanics implemented.

Last edited: