• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags! V2

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I do appreciate that there's seemingly no split path bullshit.

At worst, this might go the Sacred Stones route and let you pick any of the four neighboring kingdoms to "liberate" in the order you want, and set your route and enemy level curves accordingly before converging back for endgame.

So the general course is the same, we just pick the stops along the way.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

FE’s Twitter has been showing off a few characters thus far and their crit animations blow Three Houses’ out of the water. This kick in particular outdoes any of the Three Houses brawler animations.
I now have confidence that future installments and remakes of older games won't be half-baked in visuals and animation like 3H was with these weekly previews :d

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Just like that, Engage is already 1000 times better than Three Houses and Fates combined.

:>

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Anyone enjoying Engage now that it's out?

I might hold off on it for just a little bit.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The general consensus is a more generic story, but gameplay wise it's up there for best in the series.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The general consensus is a more generic story, but gameplay wise it's up there for best in the series.
As long as the story is serviceable I really don't mind.

Maybe this is a controversial opinion, but from what I've played of Fire Emblem Awakening, the story feels sort of flat in some areas. Maybe this is my fault for overpowering and thus removing some of the story tension in battles, but I don't know, it had some really good moments with some characters, but the overall story just feels a bit meh.

To add to this possibility controversial opinion, Fates felt more ambitious in several regards, but feels like it trips on itself sometimes. My grander point is that in the larger scale of things, I want a story that works with the games. It it has some beats, and isn't overly stupid, then I'm fine with it.

bobjr

Staff member
Awakening is 3 stories one right after the other, nothing special but it could have flowed better.

Fates is one generic story, one where Corrin is the dumbest person ever, and one FE Romhack.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Eh, what I liked about Fates, at least in concept, was that you make a decision knowing what sacrifices your making. Three Houses, which may have a better plot, basically had you pick a house, and you watch crap unfold. There is one house where you make a decision so there's that at least.

You can actually get Heroes weapons in Engage by doing this trick:
https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/order-of-heroes/

Also, the DLC emblem rings might have been leaked.
Soren, Hector, Chrom, Veronica and Camilla.
I found this off serenesforest.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Unsurprised by 4 of those picks, very surprised at the Soren one. I thought for sure Elincia or Sothe would get in for Tellius before him, and Seliph would get in before anyone.

Also Engage reminds me of FE6 in terms of difficulty. I started on Hard Mode expecting to learn the ropes quickly, but nope, ass handed to me in Chapter 3.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Some additional data has been left in the 1.1.0 data in FE: Engage.
Source: https://serenesforest.net/2023/01/2...laceholders-found-in-version-1-1-0-base-game/

Besides what was known about the extra emblem characters, we have new potential information about DLC playable characters (akin to Ashen Wolves in Three Houses).
Unsurprised by 4 of those picks, very surprised at the Soren one. I thought for sure Elincia or Sothe would get in for Tellius before him, and Seliph would get in before anyone.

Also Engage reminds me of FE6 in terms of difficulty. I started on Hard Mode expecting to learn the ropes quickly, but nope, ass handed to me in Chapter 3.
Soren doesn't surprise me too much simply because he had a pretty important role in PoR/RD. He was the chief strategist after all. Veronica I don't know much about, but it feels a tad surreal to have mobile game representation (albeit kind of par for the course). Camilla might be the most surprising one to me. Fates could have had a Xander/Ryoma blend or Azura for representation. Maybe they wanted to add fanservice, I guess.

I started a Normal file for the time being. I hope it doesn't get too easy.
I'll probably start again on Hard once all the DLC is out for a "definitive experience".

(Also, I need to get back to Three Houses and finish my Azure Moon playthrough.)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I beat Engage! It was a fun ride lol.

It may have not been the grandest one but it did some things right over Three Houses: Namely being able to see what is happening in the world like overworld map traversing. Three Houses on the other hand only told you stuff rather then showing you what occurred.

Engage mechanic was really well-implemented as they felt like really powerful tools you had to use. And having the most powerful rings taken from you in favor of the more support ones really was a great move on their part on top of making later bosses having revival stones that were not on just beasts. Overall some gameplay-story integraton the series has been lacking for a bit!

And they handled Fogado and Timerra well and made Solm really feel like this foreign place as opposed to Almyra getting nothing. Not even in Three Hopes where they could have done this.

And they are not the best written villains but the Hounds were sure more entertaining then TWSITD. Though I guess it helps the former were not made to be this big threat whereas the latter was and they made the dumbest decisions.

bobjr

Staff member
It’s definitely a more difficult game than usual, but it’s balanced out by the unlimited time crystal

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It’s definitely a more difficult game than usual, but it’s balanced out by the unlimited time crystal
I thought that was only for normal mode. I read that it was 10 charges on the harder difficulties.

There was something that I didn’t add to the datamine post, so I may add that later.

I am at Chapter 9 right now. I will do hard mode later once all the DLC is out.