• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags! V2

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I have a feeling the game's story will be like this. You don't actually get to choose which House to join but you essentially get to help and raise all their leaders. From the looks of things, the Three Houses really aren't enemies but are actually allies and that would actually explain a lot of why there are a fairly decent number of lands outside of the main region. Basically after you defeat some thieves, bandits or rebels, you have to deal with the actual enemy which is not within the continent but outside of it, invaders from other continents. Or who knows, maybe you do get a choice who to serve as the entire continent is getting invaded but you can only choose one nation to come to their rescue.
I think somewhere in the trailer, they say you choose a house (but maybe I'm wrong).

Edit: Yeah, in the trailer, they say, "Which house will you choose?"

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So we get three story routes? I wonder if there's some kind of "final" route for playing all three of them.

shoz999

It's probably less Fates and more the classic route split seen in FE6 & 8
I don't know. I think the trailer did say you get to choose what house, as in choose a different path and your locked into it rather than have all three houses story lines in display at different locations or separate campaigns.

R_N

I don't know. I think the trailer did say you get to choose what house, as in choose a different path and your locked into it rather than have all three houses story lines in display at different locations or separate campaigns.
choosing the house is probably more important than, say, the FE8 split but I don't see them going for three games worth of plot when they tried that with 3 actual games and failed miserably

shoz999

choosing the house is probably more important than, say, the FE8 split but I don't see them going for three games worth of plot when they tried that with 3 actual games and failed miserably
Well I don't about that. I'm not familiar with how Intelligent Systems listens to the fans like other sectors under Nintendo but I think just because fans thinks it failed doesn't mean they wouldn't try it again with just one game this time.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Liking the premise so far, though I'm curious how far the 'choice' between the houses go as far as the story is concerned. If it leads to a split and conflict between the three, this could be a more developed FE6 Sacae/Ilia outcome since you'll be able to get attached to the characters in each route more, but I could see them pull a Radiant Dawn/Revelation and just have you team back up towards the end.

I swear to god, Linhardt will surely reference Reinhardt somehow.

The Enemy is everything!

Depending on how good his character is, I half expect everyone to make his weapons a mixture of swords, magic, and bows with a riding focus just to reference him and Lyn.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
unknown.png

"Select a form."

As opposed to, y'know, gender.

Given the origins of the mythical Byleth, I can't tell if this was intentionally worded or not.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
There's a good chance this is just the setup for the beginning arc. There's going to be some kind if major conflict going on, whether it's the church being evil or one country going evil or something. There might be a route split but I think it'll be more intertwined like 6 or 8.

It's like if we got a preview for 9 where it's the first few chapters, and then we see a laguz and people flip out over furry stuff.

shoz999

fena.900x.jpg

They just announced a limited edition of Fire Emblem Three Houses if you guys are interested in.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I do wonder how much the player character can be customized, if at all.
I hope customization will include hair style and hair color at a minimum, along with gender. Outfit would be nice too for the tragic get up female Byleth was given... I'd find it odd if the 'form' selection screen was the only thing that one could choose for their main character before they ask your name and kick you into the story.
Also, are the cutscenes pre-rendered? If not, I don't think our character needs to look exactly like... that.

Last edited:

R_N

If FE: Three Houses does get DLC what sort of things would you like or dislike to see?
Like: More story focused DLC. Valentia's Deliverance DLC, Awakening's Future Past DLC, Fates Heirs of Fates. They don't all have to be full length stuff or that serious, but nice, condensed story that lets you have interesting interactions with characters or flesh out some story

Dislike: Valentia's Overclass dlc. Overpriced, basically useless, had no maps to go with them and the costumes weren't that great. If they at least came with levels that'd be one thing but they dont so oops! Also, don't have Valentia's two sets of grinding dlc. That's so pointless. Also Fates' Awakening Trio DLC is the type of Story DLC I don't want but that's a special case because of Fates' tumor of a story.

I'm indifferent towards those single map class-based or challenge DLCs. Those can be fun.

I'd also like a better mix of maps that you can bring your own units on and maps with pre-baked units. The latter CAN be fun and somewhat stress free but also like I have all these units trained up and it'd be nice to use them. Toning down the level scaling would also be nice.