• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags! V2

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Dislike: Valentia's Overclass dlc. Overpriced, basically useless, had no maps to go with them and the costumes weren't that great. If they at least came with levels that'd be one thing but they dont so oops! Also, don't have Valentia's two sets of grinding dlc. That's so pointless. Also Fates' Awakening Trio DLC is the type of Story DLC I don't want but that's a special case because of Fates' tumor of a story.
Really just don't make the DLC cost more than the freakin' base game itself. As for DLC, I've always enjoyed the story stuff and the ones where you can have characters have conversations with other that they normally would not support with in the main game.

R_N

Really just don't make the DLC cost more than the freakin' base game itself. As for DLC, I've always enjoyed the story stuff and the ones where you can have characters have conversations with other that they normally would not support with in the main game.
the total price of dlc being more than the base game is fine if it's substantial content, imo. Like I'm not going to get on Smash 4's case for all its dlc because it had a lot of dlc put out and even the least substnatial part, the mii costumes, at least had a play niche people might like.

Awakening's had issues but it was also their first run at it and, if nothing else, you can 100% say it gave you a bunch of maps of assorted challenges and then it sold well enough they funded a Season 2 that was all very good. Fates varied in quality map to map but on its face it was fine.

Valentia's just was not. Two sets of grinding DLC. Overclass DLC that had nothing of note in it. And also the grinding dlc wasnt even that useful. The Deliverance & Cipher DLC was good, at least, though those also had a different issue in terms of map reuse; the VO , objectives and other added content helped make up for it to me
The only saving grace is its not like it forced you to buy all of it.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I'll admit I didn't purchase all the DLC's for Awakening and Fates. Mostly because I knew what bits and pieces I wanted like the leveling up and money levels. But in retrospect I probably spent to much time on those levels overpowering my characters or gaining too many resources.

Ideally I'd like Three Houses to have DLC that adds more to the experience. A worthwhile investment like Breath of the Wild or Smash Bros. Because one promise I made to myself with this generation of gaming was to be smarter when purchasing DLC.

R_N

We finally got some information on the Fates artbook!

Called Pellucid Crystal, it releases April 25th in Japan. It'll be 320 pages, same as the Awakening artbook. The cover is something Kozaki is really hyping up as spectacular and we'll see it revealed on the next Cipher livestream on March 16th. It'll also have some world information so maybe, just maybe, we'll finally get a name for the damn continent.

It also, hilariously, will not have every character's artwork
But I should mention, not every character has an individual illustration. I know this is probably frustrating for those wishing to buy the book and expecting otherwise. To make up for that, I drew a spectacular piece for the book’s cover.

I’m planning to create another opportunity to release something that will have everyone’s official artwork, perhaps? If you are able to continue waiting, I would be delighted. I am extremely sorry for making you all wait so long.

https://serenesforest.net/2019/02/2...easing-25th-april-2019-message-yusuke-kozaki/

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
They’re going to Revalations the Artbook

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Playing FE4 atm

I originally pegged Travant as simply a darker Camus, but he turned out to actually be a mix of Gangrel and Naesala. Where I expected some conflict in his ambitions, even if he did commit to them, I instead saw desperation and mania to get what he wanted.

It's actually quite clever what they did with him. You're meant to sympathize with his struggle. But you're never meant to sympathize with him. A case where "Ends justify the means" just doesn't cut it.

Now if only Arion wasn't such a pain in the ass to beat.

R_N

It's just strange to not even get all the artwork of the characters when past games already had them from the get-go (or somewhat after release). How did it not work this time!
It really seems like the full body artwork would be done alongside the game, doesn't it?

I wonder who will fail to meet the cut and just how many characters won't get artwork.

bobjr

Staff member
Playing FE4 atm

I originally pegged Travant as simply a darker Camus, but he turned out to actually be a mix of Gangrel and Naesala. Where I expected some conflict in his ambitions, even if he did commit to them, I instead saw desperation and mania to get what he wanted.

It's actually quite clever what they did with him. You're meant to sympathize with his struggle. But you're never meant to sympathize with him. A case where "Ends justify the means" just doesn't cut it.

Now if only Arion wasn't such a pain in the ass to beat.

Travant is one of those characters that also get an arc in FE5, but yeah one thing I do like about 4 is how the world is so messed up that the villains are either flat out evil in the worst way or more on the desperate side, Arvis included. I think the "Arvis wasn't that much of a bad guy" is a wrong reading, but he's clear he's desperate not to have his blood found out.

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
My BFF bought 2 very rare to find Fire Emblem games for herself and an amiibo. Thanks to this I now have a crush on the only lord in the entire series with no royal blood...
Yeowch... I feel SO ashamed, I ain't gonna state who, but if someone guesses who, I will boldly edit my signature with this fact.

R_N

My BFF bought 2 very rare to find Fire Emblem games for herself and an amiibo. Thanks to this I now have a crush on the only lord in the entire series with no royal blood...
Yeowch... I feel SO ashamed, I ain't gonna state who, but if someone guesses who, I will boldly edit my signature with this fact.
Well process of elimination makes it easy, it's Ike.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I tried to play FE4 and only got through the prologue and Chapter 1. Big maps that make up essentially an in-game continent sounds awesome but it really sucks gameplay wise. That accursed Spirit Forest especially where they make the trees feel like sand was especially bad (and I know they say the desert maps also suck in this game but still). Idk how they could fix the tediousness of this in a remake but let it so that things like the friendship system isn't slow to build up and make traversing Judgral actually a bit fun (yes I know you could save every turn but still). Definitely has some good characters though!

R_N

I tried to play FE4 and only got through the prologue and Chapter 1. Big maps that make up essentially an in-game continent sounds awesome but it really sucks gameplay wise. That accursed Spirit Forest especially where they make the trees feel like sand was especially bad (and I know they say the desert maps also suck in this game but still). Idk how they could fix the tediousness of this in a remake but let it so that things like the friendship system isn't slow to build up and make traversing Judgral actually a bit fun (yes I know you could save every turn but still). Definitely has some good characters though!
Increase the move on everyone
Let you warp directly between castles without needing a warp staff
More side events
Halve the time it takes to build love points (and also just make them straight up supports) and add bonding opportunities in castles if only between chapters

bobjr

Staff member
Desert maps suck in 4 but for different reasons than usual. I play FE to capture castles, not to feel sad.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
The Fodlan Collection edition artwork looks stunning! Almost makes me want to get it.
Also, seeing Byleth in concept art like this makes female Byleth's design easier to swallow... Still, it's a pretty sad comparison when put next to male Byleth...

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I got FE1 through the Famicom Online service. Just need 2, 5, and 12 to round out this collection.

Enemy max movement can't be tracked in this game, so that's basically a hard mode pre-installed in this one. Good thing there's save states this time around.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
81e5E%2BTb9nL._AC_SX215_.jpg

Looking at the Fire Emblem Three Houses English Boxart, anyone else wondering what was going on in the head of the boxart's designer when they decided to put the leader of the Leicester Alliance upside down? It's like they were nearing the deadline, running out of time after fitting the other four people well on the boxart but had no clue how to put the fifth.