• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags! V2

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Oh yeah, I forgot about Mark. I still remember that first cutscene where you meet Lyn. If they ever remake FE7, Lyn has to come back with that badass coat from Awakening for promotions anyway. It's honestly kind of strange hearing that Byleth is a silent protagonist because he isn't a customizable protagonist, he looks like a unique but simple-designed character with a lot of history to it. I'm all for it still and I don't think it will change much but it's so strange because your kind of expecting a silent protagonist to be customizable for Fire Emblem's case being part RPG.

shoz999

if we're being honest Byleth barely changes expressions either
What are you talking about? He expresses emotions all the time!
f8201041-s.jpg

Here's his angry face.

f8201041-s.jpg

Here's his sad face

f8201041-s.jpg

And here's his happy face!

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Newest Famitsu article is out, detailing more 3H info.

The game is heavily inspired by FE4. A previous war broke out and was quashed by Ten Heroes, and their descendants possess Large and Small crests as proof of their lineage and give them a specific aptitude in combat. So that's essentially Jugdral's backstory, right down to Major and Minor Blood.

The Adrestrian Empire used to include Faerghus and Leicester as its territory but those two countries broke off and act independent. Though, they did try to assert themselves as the dominant country on Fodlan, and the Church of Seiros acting as mediator is the only reason they haven't torn each other apart yet. So there's a bit of Tellius sprinkled in as well.

Gameplay wise, there is a calendar system like in Echoes, but it's much more involved to the point of it being almost being a life simulator in some ways. Every chapter includes one month, with the major fight of the chapter taking place at the end of the month. Until then, you have the remaining 29 days to plan side activities to improve your students, from teaching, to bonding, to sortieing.

Fists have an innate Brave effect, but to compensate, they can only be used by infantry and armored units. No fisticuffs on horseback. Skill system is like Fates, where everyone has a personal skill, and the skill pool is limitless, but a unit can have only 5 skills active at a time.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I’m glad that personal skills are back but I just hope one of those isn’t a skill where you strip your opponent’s armor. Granted there were personal skills that were not that great but at least they were not stupid like Sophie’s.

Also Hilda is Serra 2.0 with her being spoiled and having pink hair with twin-tails

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I’m glad that personal skills are back but I just hope one of those isn’t a skill where you strip your opponent’s armor. Granted there were personal skills that were not that great but at least they were not stupid like Sophie’s.
But what if I want to see my waifu's underwear?
Or better yet, customizable underwear.

In all seriousness, I really liked the personal skills as they added a layer of depth to the characters, whether the skills were personally useful or not.

Edit: BTW, there's a reddit leak. I'm not posting anything from it at least at the moment, but I thought I would give you guys the heads-up in case it was real.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I saw a big enough rumor and decided to post it as it was interesting and detailed enough to look at, but also enough where new info would verify it or not soon.

There's a five year timeskip at one point in the game. It's a central and dramatic event.
- They seemingly aren't doing the "making children" stuff again
- There's a new variant of "skinship" (which I believe is the kind of petting minigame there was in Fates) but it's done "much classier" and is more akin to a tea conversation
- The game has very close connections to Genealogy of the Holy War, such as darker storylines and similar characterization. ach noble "house" has access to certain crests + weapons. Weapons are supposed to be linked to the crests of each character. The weapons are wieldable by units who don't have the respective crest, but there are very dire consequences...
- Claude gets a Wyvern in his main promotion
- There are LGBT supports/relationships, moreso with female Byleth than the male version (but there are still some for the male version)
- Lynhart should be bisexual at the very least. He has quite a unique character that delves beyond his sexuality.
- Dimitri's backstory: He is the sole survivor of his family's massacre and suffers greatly because of it. Much of his storyline revolves around this and his battle with his own mental health. His father is actually from the country east of Leicester, beyond the mountains (Almyra, I believe). You get at least two other characters from there. Lorentz dislikes Claude because he technically should be the next leader of Leicester and doesn't believe Claude deserves his position... or something like that. Claude's storyline revolves around his heritage, which kind of separates him from Edelgard's and Dimitri's stories.

- The story overall is a HUGE improvement over Fates/Awakening. The leaker gives it a 9 on a scale to 10, with Fates being a 2.
- You can't get all characters in a single run, but you can recruit at some point some characters from one of the houses you didn't choose.
- The swordswoman in the first trailer's name is Catherine.
- Rhea's advisor is named Setes. We'll also be getting characters named Cyril and Elio(?). And another Monastery worker.
- You do fight students from the routes you didn't pick at one point, and you kill them. [this implies there's, as expected, a war between the three houses at some point]
- "I feel like Three Houses is the opposite of Fates in terms of marketing. The school setting was just a facade for a much darker storyline. And there will be more than three countries involved... "
- There are four story paths in the game, and they don't converge. Edelgard's House has two paths.
- Edelgard is a lot more ruthless than previous female lords.

- There's indeed dating in this game, between the main character and the students/non-students characters.
- Status effects and debuffs are definitely back but I'm unsure about the restore staff. There should be an alternative for it if there isn't one though.
- The story is more akin to Radiant Dawn's, where each chapter is a small part of a greater "part." Part 1 has a heavy focus on the academy, for example, while Part 2 does not.
- The fanservice is more subdued this time around. Dorothea and Manuela are probably the closest you'll get from the characters revealed so far, but even they are quite different from the likes of Camilla or Tharja.
- Dedue was one of the bandits that attacked and killed Dimitri's family. Dimitri kept him as a bodyguard, which is why Dedue "owes him a great debt."
- "The maps are actually pretty subpar from what I've heard. The story and characterization make up for most of them, though."
- "I've never seen the maps. They're just my friends' opinions. They should be more varied than Awakening's at the very least. Definitely better than SoV's

R_N

I have seen this rumor passed around a lot but I don't understand why people are giving it the time of day.

Is it just beacuse it has cool things in it?

bobjr

Staff member
Definitely take it with a grain of salt, but it's one of those "Comes from someone who got something right before" things, in this case character names.

Either way I like 90% of the stuff that's detailed, hope the game is a lot of them realizing what didn't work with Fates.

shoz999

Saw the short Gamexplain version and man this game seems almost a bit overwhelming. I wonder if it will have repetitive battles like that of Echoes with the Calendar system.

Newest Famitsu article is out, detailing more 3H info.

The game is heavily inspired by FE4. A previous war broke out and was quashed by Ten Heroes, and their descendants possess Large and Small crests as proof of their lineage and give them a specific aptitude in combat. So that's essentially Jugdral's backstory, right down to Major and Minor Blood.

The Adrestrian Empire used to include Faerghus and Leicester as its territory but those two countries broke off and act independent. Though, they did try to assert themselves as the dominant country on Fodlan, and the Church of Seiros acting as mediator is the only reason they haven't torn each other apart yet. So there's a bit of Tellius sprinkled in as well.

Gameplay wise, there is a calendar system like in Echoes, but it's much more involved to the point of it being almost being a life simulator in some ways. Every chapter includes one month, with the major fight of the chapter taking place at the end of the month. Until then, you have the remaining 29 days to plan side activities to improve your students, from teaching, to bonding, to sortieing.

Fists have an innate Brave effect, but to compensate, they can only be used by infantry and armored units. No fisticuffs on horseback. Skill system is like Fates, where everyone has a personal skill, and the skill pool is limitless, but a unit can have only 5 skills active at a time.
Been a very long while since I've played FE4 but when you say inspired by FE4, are you talking about like lore and story-wise cause if it's also game play, then I guess we shouldn't be surprised if the children system makes a return. Also I wonder if that includes tone because FE4, a Nintendo game of all games, is arguably the darkest fantasy video game I've ever played, darker than your Dragon Age, your Witcher, your Dark Souls etc. Anything you can think of, Genealogy of the Holy War is arguably far darker and unforgiving story-wise. Actually come to think of it, if it attempts to mimic FE4's systems, a FE4 remake isn't probably that far off either.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I did isolate gameplay details in its own paragraph, so no, I did not mean the gameplay is hitting the same beats as FE4 beyond stuff directly connected to the backstory. No huge maps, no castle conquering, no weapon class locking etc. The calendar system alone is its own beast that has no connection to FE4, or any other game for that matter aside from maaaaaaybe Fates's My Castle.

As much as I want to think the lore of Fodlan is setting the stage for a FE4 remake, let's not forget that Gaiden has practically no connection in structure to Fates beyond an insane dragon god longing for death, yet it got a remake out of nowhere. If it happens, it happens.

bobjr

Staff member
FE4 has on and off been voted as best FE game. To truly remake it is a minefield, while no one cared about the original FE2 to be outraged about any remake aspects.

Also Berkut is the best FE2 thing now in any regard.

bobjr

Staff member
Nintendo UK decided to announce that the Church is evil in Three Houses.

Who would have thought the church would be evil in an Eastern RPG game

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
It's not as common as one might think, tbh, at least at face value. There have been subversions of the evil church trope in FE. Fates, Archanea, and Magvel lack a church, Elibe's St. Elmine Church doesn't amount to anything beyond acquiring one of Eight Weapons for Roy so they actually get to be the good guy here, Jedah ousts the true leader of the Duma Faith for his own offshoot of the religion, and the Grimleal is more of a cult than a religion.

The only time FE has been really direct with the Evil Church scenario is with, lo and behold, FE4 and 5, which Three Houses is taking elements from for story. One more comparison to add to the pile.

That said, the Famitsu article did say that the Church of Seiros acted as the mediator between the three nations so that Fodlan doesn't go to ****. If the Church is actually evil....theeeeen Fodlan's going to ****.

Last edited:

shoz999

It's not as common as one might think, tbh, at least at face value. There have been subversions of the evil church trope in FE. Fates, Archanea, and Magvel lack a church, Elibe's St. Elmine Church doesn't amount to anything beyond acquiring one of Eight Weapons for Roy so they actually get to be the good guy here, Jedah ousts the true leader of the Duma Faith for his own offshoot of the religion, and the Grimleal is more of a cult than a religion.

The only time FE has been really direct with the Evil Church scenario is with, lo and behold, FE4 and 5, which Three Houses is taking elements from for story. One more comparison to add to the pile.

That said, the Famitsu article did say that the Church of Seiros acted as the mediator between the three nations so that Fodlan doesn't go to ****. If the Church is actually evil....theeeeen Fodlan's going to ****.
But it is trope often seen in JRPGs, so it's not that much of a surprise.

R_N

For the record I'd call the Grimleal jsut as much a religion as FE4's church. They're both dyingly loyal to a hell dragon. Shoot the grimleal are probably more recognized as a religion than the FE4's secret evil church operating from the shadows.

The Duma Faithful may be taken over by Jedah but it's been established for decades. At that point it's absolutely an evil church.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Now will this be an early game spoiler, or a late game spoiler?

I guess it could be a mid-game spoiler...

bobjr

Staff member
I’ve always thought what we’ve seen so far is just act 1 stuff anyway. There’s no real conflict except for what appears to be bandit attacks, so something has to happen