• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fire Emblem Series! - Remember your spoiler tags! V2

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
That's probably where the Smithing Stones come in. Chances are you can either buy a regular weapon new from the shop at its fixed price, or repair a weapon you already have at a discounted price in addition to those Smithing Stones.

Those Smithing Stones would have to be used to repair your better, rarer, and PRF weapons as well, so you decide whether to just keep buying stuff straight from the shop to save the Stones for your special weapons, or keep repairing everything that breaks so you're not stuck using your rarer weapons when you want to save them for later.

R_N

Three Houses has revealed its Expansion Pass. $25 for the 4 waves of DLC

Wave 1: costume DLC for Byleth. Releases day-of
Wave 2: 2 sets. Auxillary Maps and Support Items and, quote, "More". These will release by October 31st
Wave 3: 2 sets. Extra quests and Costumes and "more." This will also be accompanied by a free update. Release by December 31
Wave 4: Story DLC, featuring new characters, locations and such. This will also be accompanied by a free update, and will release by April 30th 2020

There is a bundle on the eshop to prepurchase the game & pass together.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1146569591310544896

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
Did you know that Japan will celebrate the release of Three Houses with a set of plushies varying from 5 characters? They are Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucina and Corrin (female). Just pre-ordered one plush of Ike and can't wait for the end of the month to get it!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Three Houses has revealed its Expansion Pass. $25 for the 4 waves of DLC

Wave 1: costume DLC for Byleth. Releases day-of
Wave 2: 2 sets. Auxillary Maps and Support Items and, quote, "More". These will release by October 31st
Wave 3: 2 sets. Extra quests and Costumes and "more." This will also be accompanied by a free update. Release by December 31
Wave 4: Story DLC, featuring new characters, locations and such. This will also be accompanied by a free update, and will release by April 30th 2020

There is a bundle on the eshop to prepurchase the game & pass together.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1146569591310544896
It's not stupidly overpriced as SoV's Season Pass (and its strange wave bundles) or lacking in content as Fates's Western DLC (we missed maps for some reason).

R_N

It's not stupidly overpriced as SoV's Season Pass (and its strange wave bundles) or lacking in content as Fates's Western DLC (we missed maps for some reason).
We got all the DLC except the two festival DLCs based around the kid/parent interactions
Presumably the cost to translate all of the dialog and their many variations for each combo outweighed the amount that would be brought in

Very glad there's no dumb as hell overclass dlc, though. Echoes' DLC was just...something else, really.

R_N

If this is true, it's funny Nintendo didn't do it because of this, when they happily helped with DQVII's text-heavy nature.
DQ7 is a full game in a series they want to do well in the west

it's almost like the contexts are completely different!

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Apparently the director of Three Houses claims he finished the game around 80 hours. Of course he also mentioned that he didn't skipped any cutscenes. I wonder if that's a good or bad thing. There's lengthy and there's just too much.

R_N

Apparently the director of Three Houses claims he finished the game around 80 hours. Of course he also mentioned that he didn't skipped any cutscenes. I wonder if that's a good or bad thing. There's lengthy and there's just too much.
it reminds me of the aounuma saying Twilight Princess was like 60 hours long if yo udid everything
it could reach that length but it's questionable how many actually would, even with 100%.

especially if he had battle animations turned on or went out of his way to fill in a lot of the support log

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The FE4 beats coming from 3H weren't coincidence. A new interview with Kusakihara and Yokota confirms the inspiration and premise for the game.

https://www.rpgsite.net/interview/8...ing-the-beloved-strategy-rpg-series-to-switch

Kusakihara: In truth it's not from Harry Potter, or Persona, or anything like that - it actually links back to an older Fire Emblem. Back a long time ago, we developed a game for the Super Famicom called Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. When you look at the story, the three characters were from a monastery - they were friends, they worked together - and then they have to go to battle against each other. That's almost the same plot as that older game, if you look at that. So we had the image of this old game in mind before - that's maybe our most significant influence on this project.

They took the conflict of Chapter 2/3 in Genealogy, and expanded that into a full game. Does this make Dmitri the Blue Lionheart. :V

The interview also has a few more noteworthy things:

1) Battalions is a concept Kusakihara had wanted to use for a while, but couldn't make it work on the handheld entries since Radiant Dawn
2) All the playable characters in 3H are available right from the start, intentionally, so you can support and learn about everyone at once instead of it being staggered like in other games.
3) Heroes and Warriors are considered legacy games by them, meant to celebrate the old characters, while they push forward with new casts for new games. What this means for potential remakes, and/or if they have ideas for another potential game in this mold, is not clear.
4) Porting Tokyo Mirage Sessions to the Switch is up to Atlus.

Last edited:

shoz999

Gameexplain has a bunch of videos on Fire Emblem Three Houses right now. Here's the intro and I'm honestly a bit surprised. I know it's a Fire Emblem game and the violence is nothing too big but still was not expecting it since it's still a Nintendo game.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
There is buzz going down that Three Houses has broken street date in China. The game is out in the wild.

For those wanting to avoid spoilers, now is the time to mute words on social media and be on lockdown.

shoz999

So while everyone here waits for Fire Emblem Three House to be released, which house are you going to first choose? I'm thinking about the Black Eagles.

unnamed.original.jpg

On a side note, it's probably just nothing but with a bigger symbolic emphasis on animals, what do you think that Fenrir-like-wolf-on-top-of-the-planet-reminding-you-of-Ragnarok could be? Just thought I'd point out, seems pretty specific. Like a wolf alone may seem normal but a fierce wolf standing on top of the world, now what could that be hinting to lol.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The story dlc is said to be a side story more than anything else, so a new house/group makes sense to use.

Also Dimitri has risen in interest faster than any FE character before release I think. Early on he was dead last by far from what I’ve seen, and now he might be my pick.

R_N

I really can't tell if you're all joking or these are really spoilers without tags.
shoz is just speculating based on the officially released like a week ago image, bobjr is speculating based on the eshop description of the dlc and I am making a joke based on that